Rosacea Support Group

Rosacea is a common but often misunderstood condition that is estimated to affect over 45 million people worldwide. It begins as flushing and redness on the central face and across the cheeks, nose, or forehead but can also affect the neck, chest, scalp or ears.

0 Online
  • I've started a new support group forum for people who want to make friends or talk about some of the social aspects of this disease. It's free to join.
  • SoftKittyFuzzyKitty

Moisturizer help?

I was recently diagnosed with rosacea after a nasty flare up. I'm using raw honey as a cleanser and chamomile tea as a toner, and they're awesome for taming redness and the pain. But I haven't had any luck finding a good enough moisturizer that isn't heavy and gross.I'm allergic to cocoa and shea, and triggers include so many things I'm scared to put anything on my face. I need to avoid essential...
  • Hi -- I'm new to this group. Have just been thru an intense ordeal with the death of my Mom and the mind-bending acting out of my siblings. Have always had sensitive skin and intense allergies -- which I know can be aggravated by stress. Have had somewhat enlarged pores on my nose as well. The skin on and around my nose feels very irritated, as are my eyes -- it seems the rosacea and allergies...
  • deleted_user

Has anyone found a good moisturizer to use on rosacea red skin?? My face looks red hot after a shower, especially when I use my moisturizer. At first I thought it was just my skin, but now I know its the moisturizer that's making things extra super red.I'm looking for something that also wont make me break out. My skin is very acne prone as well. I've heard good things about clinique...
  • MToennis

ocular rosacea

How many of you have ocular rosacea and what do you do for it?Mary Ann
  • MToennis

Flare up from cold

I have always had problems from the sun and from heat, but this cold is also a problem. I went out when it was about 16 degrees and windy. The next day, I had blemishes all over my face. I cannot get rid of them. I guess I will have to go back on the tetracycline. I cannot take it all the time due to GI upset of biblical proportions.Do you folks do anything to help in cold weather?Mary Ann
  • Matt31

Has Anyone Tried MIRVASO yet?

There is a new treatment for rosacea that has just been approved called MIRVASO from Galderma. Side effects are supposed to be very rare and it starts to work in 30 minutes. I have an appointment with my dermo on Monday, I'm going to ask about it. Has anyone else heard of or tried it yet?
  • MToennis

My aunt passed away and I went to the funeral. I looked around and saw a sea of rosacea! How many of you have a lot of family members with rosacea too?Mary Ann
  • I've been able to find much information about dietary triggers, but cannot seem to find information on the length of time between ingesting a food (such as yogurt) and having the little red bumps appear on my forehead and cheek. My doctor has diagnosed the bumps as rosacea, but I have not yet seen a dermatologist.
  • deleted_user

I think I have rosacea but I'm not sure . Before my cheeks would get red but recently (right below my right eye ) after sitting in sun I get a red dry patch , kind of scaly . At first I thought it was a pimple . But then I looked closer and it was wider . There is raised dry skin .
  • Steve0716

Found something to help me

I was diagnosed with moderate rosacea on my face and scalp. It was bad enough for them to do a biopsy and make sure it wasn't something else. Tried several medicines with varying success. It was bothersome due to the flakes and stuff showing up on my suits every day. On a whim, I started using hydrogen peroxide. In the shower I douse my head and face with it and leave it until I rinse off at...
  • Lala37

Hey. I don't know too much about rosacea as it hasn't been all that long since I was told that I have it, though I suspected I did. I get this flushing often. Is there anything to do to at least lessen it from happening? Any input is appreciated.
  • HipHappy

Exzema over arms really rosacea?

I saw a rheumy who had told me the pimp like bumps on my forehead and behind my ears is rosacea. I show him the eczema like cricular red and yellow in the middle dermatitis spots on my my arms etc and mentioned the sores/itchyness i get in my scalp.Anyway, he saw I had redness on my nose and said its all rosacea and told me to take doxyciline.Does rosacea really effect the whole body and look...
  • deleted_user

Pregnant with rosacea

I began to develop a small red patch on my cheek and thought nothing of it as I have always struggled with acne off and on and just assumed that is what I had. Gradually though the patch grew bigger and bigger until it has taken up most of the right side of my face. Now it is getting started on the left side. I am definitely worried about it spreading beyond that to chin, forehead, etc. The...
  • deleted_user

Did a Facial Do This to me???

Hi,Was recently diagnosed with Rosacea after the doc thinking originally maybe it was an allergic reaction - contact dermatitis.Here's what kind of bothers me - never had any skin issues, except for dryness. I'm 42 and I've been taking care of my skin for years - since my teens.Beginning of October I got a Hydra facial using Dr. Renaud products and I left looking sunburned. The next day I had...