Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Group
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory, multisystem, autoimmune disorder. It is a disabling and painful condition which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction. The disease is also systemic in that it often also affects many extra-articular tissues throughout the body including the skin, blood vessels, heart, lungs, and...
azmo
I have SO much respect for all who are on MTX. I tried to split the dose and I did better but I still could barely get off the couch. If I could not do my daily routine of walking and yoga I knew this drug wasn't for me. I had to return to work after Spring Break today and knew I could not continue the med. After 2 doses I am done with MTX orally. I went back to Plaquenil and see the dr in June so maybe then she will suggest injections. Until then I will continue on and my thanks to all who gave suggestions that helped but just could not tolerate. Once the diarrhea started I knew it was enough.
Wishing all continued health on this journey and will check in occasionally maybe if I am put on another med.
Wishing all continued health on this journey and will check in occasionally maybe if I am put on another med.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
I've been on high dose prednisone for pneumonia, and now I am slowly weaning. But lots of symptoms I don't like having, plus overeating has put at least 10 lbs on me. The food is "loud" as the GLP-1 users refer to it.Also pressured speech. Which comes out in my posts. Sorry I posted so much. I just need an outlet for my agitated and irritable brain. Just scroll on by my posts, if they are too...
-
I haven't been around in a long time. I am admin in a private group, and I would like to upgrade someone else to that position. I thought I knew how to do that, but the prompt has gone missing. Or is it not allowed to upgrade someone else to admin? I just find "ban and demote" under "Edit." I don't get notifications to DS anymore, but I wil come back in a few days to find out the answer. There...
Although my doctor never suggested trying the injection. I'm no longer with her but I do wonder at times.
I agree it's worth putting a call in.
RA can cause destruction & misery in a short amount of time.
May want to consider calling. You have nothing to loose & if anything you may learn something about your doctor.
Hope you feel better,
Sammy
hugs............Jen
Hope you can get in to your dr sooner and find some middle ground; In the 1.5 years of diagnosed with RD, I have seen/heard over & over, you don't want to to "nothing" & need to be aggressive in the beginning to limit what damage is done early on. Hang in there! HUGS!
Don't give up hope. Keep trying different meds until you find what works for you. If your rheumatologist doesn't support this, keep trying different rheumatologists until you find one that works for you.
the very first year I started this I started very very very slow like at 2 and worked up every other week to an increase. this method worked pretty good for me.
what is your dose? you are a newbie to it - so maybe the doc could titrate it back to almost the baby dose so your system could get used to it.
how is your joint movement? your walking? your fatigue/ stamina? sometimes it's a cost / crap ratio. meaning the crappier you feel RA wise the more one can put up with adjusting side effects and stuff.
but if you feel pretty good and can wait til June while doing everything you always do anyway, then that's great!
depot
I know they say you should be on it if your on a biologics. But not the case for everyone.
Hope you feel better
Caren