Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Group

Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory, multisystem, autoimmune disorder. It is a disabling and painful condition which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction. The disease is also systemic in that it often also affects many extra-articular tissues throughout the body including the skin, blood vessels, heart, lungs, and muscles... The symptoms that distinguish rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis are inflammation and soft-tissue swelling of many joints at the same time (polyarthritis). The joints are usually affected initially asymmetrically and then in a symmetrical fashion as the disease progresses. The pain generally improves with use of the affected joints, and there is...

1 Online
  • art4life19

Went to get x rays today

I went to get x rays today because my rhuematologist ordered them because of all of the pain and inflammation I am having. She wants to see more of what is going on with me so that she can know how to better treat me. She also ordered more blood work. I go to the lab for blood work on Monday. I go back to my doctor in October to have a better look at my results and to establish a treatment plan...
  • WarriorGal

Just Sooo Tired!

I get plenty of sleep 8-10 hours, depending if I have to get up with the alarm (3-4 days a week) or not. Sometimes I fall asleep watching TV.But I feel MENTALLY TIRED. Can anyone relate?  I wait until there is absolutely no food in the house before going grocery shopping; no underwear before doing the laundry; no clean dishes...you get it.  Everything just seems like such an...
  • WarriorGal

Inflammation and Depression

Depression is a physical illness which could be treated with anti-inflammatory drugs, scientists suggesthttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/09/08/depression-physical-illness-could-treated-anti-inflammatory/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_fb_tmg
  • oceans11

Stomach issues?

I've read on several posts different digestive issues that can accompany RA? My issues started about 2months ago. My wife had severe stomach flu, so once she got over hers I just figued maybe I caught hers. She got over it in 2 weeks total so let this go on for about 3 weeks before seeing a doc.Was going through the headache & stress of a move so I just figured maybe I had some small peptic...
  • juni

Season changing and flare up?

This is my first fall since diagnosed with RA. I live in Midwest and we had some cool weather past few weeks ago. I started notice that my pains are coming back now and it is hurting me more and more everydayI am on sulfasalazine 2000mg daily and it's been working well for me past 6months. Can season change cause flare ups? I hope this will pass soon.
  • shengrongzou

Five balances in the management of rheumatoid arth

Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is the most common chronic autoimmune joint disease. The etiology of RA is complex, and then it is impossible to cure completely today and it should be individualized treatment. Immune system is complex. Existing statistical techniques based on reductionism cannot discover many relevant disease risk factors and complex interaction relationship. The disease network model...
  • TimmyS

Temporary Solutions for Rheumatoid Arthritis

I have been dealing with Reheumatoid Arthritis for a long time now and I have been just dealing with it, but it seems as if "dealing with it" and being strong isn't good enough anymore. I ride a motorcycle, it's only of the real only thing that I still love to do. It makes me feel alive, but when my hands swell and I can't hold the brakes and steer the bike, it becomes a problem. For the time...
  • WarriorGal

Since May Have Found How Autoimmune Disease Starts

Scientists have identified a chain reaction that explains why our own bodies can turn against healthy cells, potentially transforming the way we look at autoimmune disease and the way we treat them.http://www.sciencealert.com/we-may-have-found-how-runaway-train-autoimmune-diseases-get-started
  • DrSLPT

ringing in the ears

I'm losing my mind. Plaquenil ?
  • MarleneJ

Old posts!

It is great to read them, to learn and understand how we feel and come with RA.But most of the people in these posts are long gone, can't reply, or tell you how or if things are different/the same now. Or defend themselves.I would encourage people to start new posts on these topics, and perhaps get some new insight and interaction with current members.  Personally I don't reply to "deleted_user"...
  • deleted_user

Does RA ever just disappear?

I'm 26 and I was diagnosed with RA last year. I'm still kind of in denial. I hate the fact that I can't do what I used to. It happened so abruptly. What started as an elbow injury ended up spreading to my entire body. How does that happen? Can it just disappear the same way? Or will it just keep getting worse from here on out. And what are biologics? Are they safer in the long run then...
  • Bluegal62

54, Female, newly diagnosed seronegative RA.

This disease is so convoluted and confusing.  I know having one autoimmune disease leads to another, as I also have Alopecia Universalis, now this.  I've been feeling stiffness in my joints for quite some time, but I just dealt with it and ignored it.  Until my knee had swollen so big I panicked because I didnt know what it was.  Numerous blood test, X-rays and many doctor visits later, here...
  • Kjan317

Young with RA and looking for support/advice

Hi all. I'm new to this. Diagnosed with RA a few months ago. My husband isn't the emotional type so he kinda just stared at me when I had a breakdown when I was diagnosed. He never really talks about it and I actually feel awkward talking about it to him, so I don't really have great support. He gets mad when I tell him that I don't like talking about emotional stuff, so here I am. I was...
  • flygirlmama

Glad I found you

I was recently diagnosed with RA.  RF 640, CCP 250 with normal ESR and CRP.  I have had some random joint pain but nothing I can't handle with NSAIDs.  My major complaint is fatigue.  I just started Plaquinil.  I'm happy I found this forum as I seems most of my friends and family don't seem to get it.  I guess because outwardly I seem healthy nobody seems to take my concerns seriously so I...
  • art4life19

the rainy weather is making my pain worse !

Do you get more pain when the weather is bad? I know when the weather is cold it is worse but when it is rainy it is worse for me to. I wonder why