Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Group

Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory, multisystem, autoimmune disorder. It is a disabling and painful condition which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction. The disease is also systemic in that it often also affects many extra-articular tissues throughout the body including the skin, blood vessels, heart, lungs, and muscles... The symptoms that distinguish rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis are inflammation and soft-tissue swelling of many joints at the same time (polyarthritis). The joints are usually affected initially asymmetrically and then in a symmetrical fashion as the disease progresses. The pain generally improves with use of the affected joints, and there is...

0 Online
  • WW1978

Second opinion?

Hi, I'm new here. I'm WW1978, this is definitely something out of my comfort zone but I stumbled across this site when I was looking for answers about RA. The thing is I'm not sure about my diagnosis yet. Or maybe I haven't excepted it. My Rhuemotogist thinks I have RA along with my Fibromyalga. Even though I am seronegative, and imagining is negative in my hands .  However, my hands and feet...
  • WarriorGal

Why I've been so tired??? Maybe?

Today is the 22nd anniversary of my eldest daughter's suicide. She was 27-1/2.
  • AchyJoints0615

Just venting...

So I saw my primary last week as and my husband also sees the same primary so we just booked same day back to back slots. I saw him first. He put me on tramadol and sleep meds to help me sleep. I wake my husband up constantly from I guess you call it whimpering in my sleep because I hurt that much. He also said I feel like I radiate heat even though I am freezing. (Got to love inflammation!) I...
  • nickiraeleen

Desert Rat

(sorry about the double post)I have noticed in having trouble gripping my handle bars when I ride. Does anyone who rides have suggestions about what I can do. I wear gloves, but my hands just can’t physically hang on. I like to put heating pads in my gloves, which helps…. But not the best solution.
  • jamdds

I'm a scared RA neophyte. Please help.

Hi, I had pain/swelling/warmth in my wrists 2 and 1/2 weeks ago out of the blue. Saw a MD who ran tests. CRP negative RF positive ANA negative CCP strong positive (179). So I am assuming with the RF+ and the strong CCP it's diagnostic for RA. I am waiting for a call from rheumatology, but in the meantime, could those of you who are on this journey please share if there are things you WISH someone...
  • RATink

Feeling beaten down

I am housekeeper at a hospital. I am moving for ten hours a day and by the end of it, I can't decide if I want to cry or sleep. I am literally just trying to make it through each day without going home early. The pain is real. But nobody can see it...
  • AchyJoints0615

Newbie here

Hi all! Little back history... diagnosed at 18 & currently 28. Was in remission for years until I turned 25 & it's like a circuit blew and my RA was back with a vengeance. I've been to my rheumy... We've tried his way. That worked for a moment then I had more flare ups... tried natural remedies. That worked for a bit but now im.back to his way on my 4th different drug in hopes for it to work. I'm...
  • SusieG

Misunderstanding

So many of us have touched on the fact that the population in general assumes that RA is just arthritis.  I get it; unless it has touched your life or someone in your life, you probably wouldn't know what it is.  I know I didn't.What's sad today is, after 4 weeks since my last MTX, my husband says to me "so how's your arthritis?"
  • SusieG

Hard mouth sore/lump

Maybe completely unrelated to RA or meds, but have any of you had a mouth ulcer that turned hard and just remained (2 weeks now)?  Not red or painful at all.
  • oceans11

This is a frustrating disease!

So after a year being off meds (MTX 2.5mg) I got back on it @ 5mg once a week of course & I'm also now taking Folic acid regularly. Prior to being put back on I started feeling little pain here & there & every month more joints were being affected even though the intensity hasn't really increased maybe on a level of 1-10 it's a 2-3 & moves around A LOT! Ankles/feet have been affected the most...
  • nickiraeleen

Raptor hands......

Something new I have noticed is that my fingers are starting to curl when I am having flairs. Like I have raptor hands; like i could be in a Jurasic Park movie. It’s kinda a pain in the ass when I am trying to be productive. Does anyone else have this problem, or rather have a solution around it? I have a family member who has RA but she has very little problems with her hands. Does it really...
  • gryd1963

Humira and shortness of breath

Hi guys,It's been a while since I posted. I had a crummy winter and never got the RA under control. I have been improving, however, since starting Humira a couple months ago. The problem is ever since I took my last dose on Thursday I noticed a lot of shortness of breath. I can't be positive it is Humira but I was fine before my last injection. I plan to call the doctor on Monday but my question...
  • WarriorGal

EXHAUSTED TIRED!!

Hi - For those who don't know, I am 72 and in remisison on IV Orencia and IM Resuvo.  No pain.I am tired, tired, tired. Sleepy tired. I feel like I never get enough sleep. Maybe I don't. Eight hours is not really enough for me but there are only 24 hours in a day and I am not tired enohg for be - or cant motivare myself to get up and washed and into bed - after being awake less than 16.I am also...
  • Sistahbear

Having a rough time

I believe this is year 4 for me with RA. So far everything we have tried has been unsuccessful. Currently my RA meds are : Rituxan infusions, Plaquenil, Leflunomide, and Prednisone as well as Norco that is prescribed by my pain management doctor. I hurt so very bad. In my shoulders, elbows, hands, hips, knees, Achilles, and toes. Thursday I am going to be sedated so they can do an injection into...
  • SusieG

Update from deleted thread

Off MTX since 1/11 and AST/ALT numbers right back to where I started!!!   WHOOP! WHOOP! I see doc on Tuesday and hope she'll go for putting me back on, but only 6 pills instead of 8 and see what happens.  Happy Weekend Everyone!  It's supposed to be unseasonaly gorgeous here in eastern PA!