Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Group

Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory, multisystem, autoimmune disorder. It is a disabling and painful condition which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction. The disease is also systemic in that it often also affects many extra-articular tissues throughout the body including the skin, blood vessels, heart, lungs, and muscles... The symptoms that distinguish rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis are inflammation and soft-tissue swelling of many joints at the same time (polyarthritis). The joints are usually affected initially asymmetrically and then in a symmetrical fashion as the disease progresses. The pain generally improves with use of the affected joints, and there is...

0 Online
  • wes

Here we go again.

I had a really good week.  After an increase in MTX, I had little swelling and no pain.  While sitting watching television today, my feet swelled again.  Not a lot of pain yet but we don't know how big they are going to get.  This is an interesting disease to say the least.
  • Jonsparky

Skin cancer and Remicade

Hi,Went to the Dermatologist today, have 3 suspected Basal cell skin cancers, they did a biopsy.Has anyone had to go off biologics because of skin cancer?I really need the biologics because I am getting a lot of erosion in my finger joints...
  • WarriorGal

Not so Gawd-Awful TIRED all the time anymore!

Some of you may remember my repeated posts about being so TIRED, exhausted, fatigued...drained.People suggested getting my thyroid checked, etc., etc.I am NOT anymore!  I am convinced it was the MTX! So glad 3 cases of the flu pushed me to stop!I had been on MTX and for many years but a very low dose. When i started using full strength Rasuvo, it was easier to manage with my crippled hands,...
  • mckvirginia

Back on (the) board.....(sorry...may be long)

Hi, all!  I have been off-board for a long time, trying to get a handle on my world.  I have been a member for over a year while my rheumatologists have been unhelpfully not doing much.  Hx for me is going on 3 years now of RA symptoms without a dx because I have a positive ANA (dr says it is a "very high positive") and symptoms, but a normal RAF and anti-CCP and all of those other tests I...
  • bravefighter

Seronegative RA, confused, alone...

I'm not even sure how these support sites even work, or where to start. Throughout my life my health has been fair, rarely got sick, except a few crazy things that are not explainable. It all started at age 20 in 2010 when I was rushed to the hospital with meningitis. After recovery no issues for a few years, then in 2012 I was back in the hospital due to a severe infection in one of the lymph...
  • 3ldsmama

Exercise

i have trouble having energy to exercise after working all day. I am on plaquenol spelling maybe off. I have to work, but I am gaining weight which I know is not good for my joints. Any suggestions on what to do. I am a teacher and stand/walk a lot. By the end if the day my feet are sore and tired. Have any of you found diet supplements that work or are ok to take with meds? Thanks still learning
  • katie

Coping skills: home delivery of groceries

When I first heard about home delivery services for groceries, I didn't think it had anything much to do with me.  Even when I was diagnosed and started having tingly razor-blade-pain hands, I didn't make the connection.One of the income lines on my farm is a value added product that requires lemon juice.  I have been placing special orders at the grocery store and picking up 30 cases at a time...
  • wes

Increase in MTX

I was bumped up from 15 to 20 mg. of MTX on Thursday.  Today is the first day I have been able to walk almost normally.  Yea Rhuemy.Wes from WI.
  • Ravrav

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Hi guys I'm new, just looking for people who share my pain. I was diagnosed when I was 13 Ive had it for around 4 years now. I would like to say it hasnt stopped me doing anything, but thats not true. I find myself to be a burden to everyone including myself. Just today I had to miss school because my feet are swolen and Its hard to walk. I often wonder what it was like before i had arthritis. I...
  • SusieG

Argh!

Just venting - yes - again :)  I have yet to have a good stretch of time on MTX.  After being off and on and off and on and off and then back on finally up to 6 pills/week and that either not enough, or not kicking in yet, I now have another GD cold!  The worst I've ever had.  Before RA, I just didn't even GET them.  Now - ARGH - four since diagnosis.  So here we go off MTX again; cold meds...
  • juliemorrisonsternbe

Tired of being sick

Feeling defeated and down. I am not able to sleep at night. Pain and my mind keep up more than have of the nights this week. And my husband is angry because I'm not sleeping.  Instead of being supportive and helping me figure it out he insists it's my meds (even though they haven't changed in 5+ years) and walks away in huff, back to bed. And here I sit crying.I never asked for this disease and...
  • lyfsabeach

Very new to this

Blood tests came back Tuesday - pos for RA.  Bad thing is, both my knees are bone on bone - no cartilage/nothing left.Knee pain started about 1-1/2 years ago, but no insurance, so just took Motrin and hoped it would pass.And here we are.  The pain is so bad.  I cannot straighten my knees, both are bent, and walking is almost impossible.  I'm humched over and have to shuffle/pivot to get...
  • WW1978

Methotrexate

HiWas on oral MTX for 4 weeks bad extreme fatigue, stomach pain, nausea, and diarrhea. So took a week off and started MTX injections. Still nausea, extreme fatigue, stomach pain, diarrhea not as bad. Feel discouraged because RA symptom have not improved. Has this happened to anybody else? I have a call in to my Dr. but still waiting....Thanks WW1978
  • ne2

Simponi and enlarged lymph nodes

Hi there,  I found this group while I was looking for answers for my massively enlarged neck nodes and thought I'd tap into the RA community's collective experience
  • MarleneJ

Off Topic! Sign in period longer??

So, I opened up DS tonight, and I did not have to sign in. I forget when I was last here. Within the last 2 days, I think.Has anyone else been able to go right to the posts without signing in?  I'm elated!