Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Group

Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory, multisystem, autoimmune disorder. It is a disabling and painful condition which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction. The disease is also systemic in that it often also affects many extra-articular tissues throughout the body including the skin, blood vessels, heart, lungs, and muscles... The symptoms that distinguish rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis are inflammation and soft-tissue swelling of many joints at the same time (polyarthritis). The joints are usually affected initially asymmetrically and then in a symmetrical fashion as the disease progresses. The pain generally improves with use of the affected joints, and there is...

0 Online
  • 3ldsmama

How do you know you over did it?

i am still learning my limits. I don’t hurt while I am performing a task only afterwards. Walking around he State fair on Friday, then going to a softball tournament to watch my daughter play all day Saturday, and playing the piano at church for two straight hours, now I am having the worst Monday ever. I was wore out on Saturday but all I had to do was sit and watch my child play and made the...
  • Even-Clouds-Cry

Does movement cause more pain?

kinda a dumb question...does using joints a lot cause more pain in them? I tried to google it all I could find said that movement should ease pain. Just wondering what’s going on. Thank you
  • mrwojo

mtx question

Does Mtx wain in effectiveness as the time passes between doses . By this I mean I take my MTX 6 pills once a week . I take them on Tuesday am . As the week goes along it seems to be less effective . Is this consistent with MTX ? Thanks Chris
  • WarriorGal

Epstein Barr??

Have any of you had Epstein Barr or read about the possible causal link between EB and RA?  What do you think?https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jir/2013/535738/
  • JosephC

Methotrexate.

I was diagnosed with RA 1 year ago and have been on Humira weekly for about 9 months which had been working fairly well. My Dr. added Methotrexate (10mg) about 5 weeks ago because I was still having some pain and was also battling fatigue. I have been feeling really ill since using the methotrexate and was just wondering if anyone has dealt with that and if I can expect it to improve as time...
  • art4life19

I got my results back from the doc

I got my x ray results and lab results back from the doctor and they were not very good. My x rays show damage to my joints and scoliosis in my back, and congenital fusion. My labs show that my white blood cell count is high, my platlet count is high, my thyroid antibodies are high, my rhuematoid factor is high. which basically means I am not well and in a lot of pain. I started taking a new...
  • Kimhurts

Sjogren's diagnosis tentatively

I know this is an RA forum, but I thought I would try my luck here. I have had multiple infections in my perotid (salivary) glands the last couple of months. I even ended up in the hospital one time because they were afraid I was septic. I had a CT last week and saw an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor today that specializes in Sjogren's. She said my glands had atrophied, the ducts were scarred and...
  • rachellucille

Needing someone who can relate

hello everyone. I'm new to this so I guess I should start by telling my story. I was 17 when I first got sick. I'm 24 now. I'm currently taking Humira, methotrexate, gabapentin, and hydroxychloroquine. I have good days but a lot of bad ones. It is very hard for people to understand what they can't see. They look at me and say things like "you look fine" or "but you're always smiling" and that's...
  • nonightshades2

Stupid question: Journal posts

As if explaining to an elementary school student that's never used a computer or a smart phone would someone please tell me where/how to get to the journals to see what's written there?  Yeah, I click on Journals and it says "you've made no entries" because I haven't.  But every other day it seems I get an email notification "check out teamDS new post".  Not that I've ever seen anything that...
  • Hellen

Frustrated

I have'nt posted in a while, so to update, on Methotrexate injectable and now Plaquanil for about one month. I am seronegetive. VERY frustrated as my Rheum vascilates between diagnosis. My official is Inflammatory Arthritis and she verbally says RA. I get that many Auto Immune diseases mimic others, that being said I often feel she is minimizing my symptoms. For example she Always asks about...
  • Emerald22

Arm weakness/fatigue

Does anyone else's arms get tired easily doing basic things like washing/drying your hair?My shoulders have been throbbing the last few months or so. The pain is waking me up when I roll over at night. But these last few weeks it takes everything I have to shower. I have to take a break between washing my hair, face body etc. My arms get exhausted. Then its another break before I can dry my hair....
  • WarriorGal

Is my Eight-Year Remission Coming to an End?

First my big toe -pain for a week or so, then stopped.Next, my left elbow. Then my left shoulder. Now my right elbow.And VERY TIRED!All the pains have come and gone. But now it's becoming one thing after another... I think I may call for an appointment.  
  • Debrose

RA meds and liver problems

Hi new here i have had ra for 23 yrs on lots of meds the norm that they give yourecent meds humaria..pred some celbrex protronix and aravadoc took me off arava i have mild liver scaringanyone had liver probs or liver scaringhugs to all
  • WarriorGal

Learn Something New Every Day!

Did you know? I didn't. 40 years I've had RA and never knew this:https://www.webmd.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/rheumatoid-arthritis-diabetes#1Research shows that RA raises your risk for diabetes by about 50%. And diabetes raises your risk of having arthritis, including RA and arthritis-related issues, by about 20%. Nearly half of American adults who have diabetes also have arthritis.
  • yankeesgrrl

New medication

Has anyone tried Rituxan infusions?  My rheumatologist wants to have me start this medication because my Cimzia isn't working and my Vectra DA score is still high.