Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Group

Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory, multisystem, autoimmune disorder. It is a disabling and painful condition which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction. The disease is also systemic in that it often also affects many extra-articular tissues throughout the body including the skin, blood vessels, heart, lungs, and muscles... The symptoms that distinguish rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis are inflammation and soft-tissue swelling of many joints at the same time (polyarthritis). The joints are usually affected initially asymmetrically and then in a symmetrical fashion as the disease progresses. The pain generally improves with use of the affected joints, and there is...

1 Online
  • Frazzled

MTX and Persistent Nausea

Hey folks...I took my second 10mg weekly dose mf MTX last Thursday. Friday I was fatigued, Saturday was nauseous and throwing up and uncomfortable but but could still play in the church band, Sunday was blah but played to a crowd of about 1,000 at the outdoors festival where my church was having its service, but pretty nauseous all day - and I threw up the fair food I ate after church. It was...
  • RaeFaith

Need info... Undiagnosed

Hello!    I am hoping to get some info from others suffering from RA. The internet is a little limited and I would love some experienced people to give me your opinion.     I am 32, female, and I have been suffering from random swollen fingers that hurt in the joints. It seems to be happening almost once a week now, and lasting a little longer. I've also experienced pain in both balls of my...
  • groessler

new to RA

Hi! I am new to rheumatoid arthritis. I have my first appointment with a rheumatologist next week. I was wondering what I should expect from this appointment. What tests should I expect to get? And would the rheumatologist be prescribing me something for the RA right away?
  • katie

attempting to recreate a good day

Does anyone else do this?  I had a really, really good day this past week, and i have been trying to create the exact same conditions so I can have another one.  Of course it's impossible.  But I can't help trying, so I'm reconstucting the Perfect Day and trying to drink the same amount of water, take the same walk, rest for the same amount of time, eat approximately the same thing.  I'm not...
  • californialynn

Homeopathic Treatment

https://www.medpagetoday.com/PrimaryCare/AlternativeMedicine/66811?xid=NL_breakingnews_2017-07-21&eun=g285778d0rIt's about time!
  • wes

Humira

Just started Humira yesturday.  Flair in fingers, wrists, ankles and feet.  Hope this stuff works soon.  Wish me luck.  Wes from WI
  • ginny15

Methotrexate and muscle weakness

Has anyone experienced muscle weakness while on mtx?  I had a problem getting my injectable mtx for about 5 weeks and found that my muscles felt so much better without it.
  • WarriorGal

Actemra Lawsuit

www.spglawfirm.com/‎COMPENSATION POSSIBLE FOR ACTEMRA USERS ‼Those who experienced a Heart Attack, Stroke, Heart Failure, Gastrointestinal Perforation, Interstitial Lung Disease or Pancreatitis may be entitled to compensation. No fees unless a settlement is received.LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The FDA approved this medication after it determined that the benefits of the product outweigh the known...
  • katie

If you're just getting started with this.......

........consider getting a shingles vaccine if you're at the appropriate age where it's recommended.  Should your treatment eventually involve a biologic, you won't be able to get the vaccine while you're taking it.  I wish someone would have told me this.  
  • crystalcrane

Learning from your posts.

Just diagnosed.... Reading and learning from your posts.  I called my rheumatologist office for another appointment.  So if I understand correctly I should ask for something to stop or slow down the progression of this disease...if it stops or slows down then I will no longer be in pain.  I am surprised how fast my RA has spread.  First in my feet for 14 weeks...still there but not as...
  • Frazzled

Fever?

Hi guys, So I took my first 10mg weekly dose of MTC last Friday. All seemed to go ok, although I was a bit worn out on Sunday. On Monday, per my Rheumatologist's instructions, I went and got 2 vaccinations - a Tdap booster and what should have been the PCV 13 pneumococcal vaccine. My doctor's office decided I should get the PPSV23 instead (which I was supposed to get in two months as a booster)...
  • californialynn

Collaborative Relationship with Rheumatologist

Do you have one?Does your rheumatologist offer you viable treatment options and educate you about each one of them so that YOU can make an informed choice?Or does your doctor just write out the script and you fill it? 
  • WarriorGal

HCV Reminder: GET TESTED!!

Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection has been found to cause rheumatoid arthritis, even before HCV is detected.  This happened to me. Hep C IS curable in most cases and the cure is simple oral medications - no more interferon!But left untreated is can be very serious even fatal! It is called a silent killer because it most often shows no symptoms. I likely had it for 30+ years unbeknownst to...
  • Hellen

Methotrexate & mouth sores

Need advice. Rheum switched me to injectable Methotrexate due to nausea and mouth sores. Been on injectable 3 weeks and I am on third mouth sore one on tinge one on Lowe lip forming these are very very painful. I know I should call but would like to give injectable longer anyone have home remedy for these sores.Also curious for those on biologics I am assuing they are expensive, does insurance...
  • Cshep450

Advice on meds

Hi,I am seeing my Rheumatologist this week. Since I only see him every 3 months, I don't want to waste the visit.  I was diagnosed in January, took Plaquenil for 3 months, no improvement.  Now I've been on Methotrexate 15mg/week for 3 months.  My symptoms are worse everyday.  I don't know if my doc will reccommend increasing the mtx dose or trying a new med. If 15 mg has done nothing, is it...