Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Group

Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory, multisystem, autoimmune disorder. It is a disabling and painful condition which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction. The disease is also systemic in that it often also affects many extra-articular tissues throughout the body including the skin, blood vessels, heart, lungs, and muscles... The symptoms that distinguish rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis are inflammation and soft-tissue swelling of many joints at the same time (polyarthritis). The joints are usually affected initially asymmetrically and then in a symmetrical fashion as the disease progresses. The pain generally improves with use of the affected joints, and there is...

0 Online
  • SLPT69

Not so new

I was here before but somehow lost access to my account. the site changed everything looked different. It was WAY easier to navigate before.  I am well, but never really have a day without pain. I had one major flare up last month. I managed to keep working through it because I am out of sick time and while I am on FMLA, i didn't want to work without pay.  I'm a little down lately about my...
  • Hellen

Methotrexate & mouth sores

Need advice. Rheum switched me to injectable Methotrexate due to nausea and mouth sores. Been on injectable 3 weeks and I am on third mouth sore one on tinge one on Lowe lip forming these are very very painful. I know I should call but would like to give injectable longer anyone have home remedy for these sores.Also curious for those on biologics I am assuing they are expensive, does insurance...
  • faithhope60

Hi I'm new

Hi I'm 56, have suffered with Ra for 27 years. Occurred after the birth of my first child. It has been a very difficult road. Now in a very bad flare and trying to fight the fear, and anxiety of it all. Sure could use some encouragement. Thank you.
  • nonightshades2

Okay, long enough trying...

Long enough tying to deal with this new web sight (a year?) without really commenting much.  I DO NOT LIKE IT.  It's confusing, directs me where I didn't intend to go, can't find old posts some of which had very good suggestions from folks, etc, etc.  Participation is not to the level on the new one compared to the old one. GrrrrrrThank you for allowing me to vent.
  • magienoire

watermelon

Dietary question. Has anyone heard of watermelon triggering flares?
  • charlestonsunset

New diagnosis

I was just diagnosed with RA on May 9th. I'm still waiting to see a Rheumataligist, but I'm hoping for some advice from people who have been dealing with this for a while. Do any of ya'll have any words of wisdom? So far all I've been getting is horror stories from some of my coworkers. 
  • RaeFaith

Need info... Undiagnosed

Hello!    I am hoping to get some info from others suffering from RA. The internet is a little limited and I would love some experienced people to give me your opinion.     I am 32, female, and I have been suffering from random swollen fingers that hurt in the joints. It seems to be happening almost once a week now, and lasting a little longer. I've also experienced pain in both balls of my...
  • wes

Round 3

We are going to try Humara next.  Still on the MTX.  Not going to reduce the Prednozone yet.  Adding another drug to try to gain control.  Although I think we need to do something, little afraid of Bios.What do you all think?
  • LifeLongLearner

Good Morning

I'm new to this group as I've recently been diagnosed with RA.  Symptoms started well over 4 years ago but I had all the reasons in the world for my pains - I thought.  Anyway, I've already got joint damage and pretty much constant pain, sometimes dibilitating.  I'm sure all of you know this same pain.I'm currently on steroids waiting to be cleared by the infectious disease doc for suspected...
  • Debbie1966

RA and so much pain

Hi everyone. I am 50 yrs old and have been diagnosed with RA and Sjogens syndrome 3 yrs ago. 4 months ago doctor put me on Humria once every 2 weeks, after methotrexate started to mess with my liver. 1 month ago he increased the dose to once a week with humria. It helps at times but I am still having flare ups. Just last night I was up at 2:30 am pacing the floors because my hand was numb and was...
  • cristian96

Tennis Elbow even through not a Tennis Player

Suffering Tennis Elbow even through not a Tennis Player I'm a officer and usually work for 8 hours each day, mostly using computer since my job is coding. According to my internet research, tennis elbow can be caused by repetitive motions, so i suppose that i am suffered this pain because of using computer too much. Please advide me what should i suppose to do now? My friend recommended me to use...
  • ladybehindamask

Rheumatoid arthritis

I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not in pain. It makes me depressed and aggravated. I don't want to be this way. My rheumatologist is mean to me and very unethical. I'm trying to find a new one that will take my insurance. It sucks!i am on Humira injections once a week and pain meds that don't last long before the pain comes back. I don't know...
  • Lonie2

Apple cider vinegar

Has anyone tried organic apple cider vinegar for inflammation??
  • deleted_user

UTI/Interstitial Cystitis-Need Advice

At my regular gp visit, told doctor felt like has UTI. She did urine test that day, but I had already been on amoxcillian for sinus infection for 7 days. She wrote prescription for sulfa(anti-biotic-sp?) for 7 days. UTI got better each day. By 6th and 7th day completely gone. UTI comes back second day after stopping that anti-biotic full-blown and extremely painful especially in evening. Called...
  • CarolineBerb4

Alternative pain relief

Can anyone give me any advice or recommendation on a way to relive my RA and fibromayalgia pain? I am tired of taking vicoden every  6 to 8 hours a day ever day!!!! I want to get pregnant and i dont want to be on these meds when i do. Thanks in advance!