Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Group

Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory, multisystem, autoimmune disorder. It is a disabling and painful condition which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction. The disease is also systemic in that it often also affects many extra-articular tissues throughout the body including the skin, blood vessels, heart, lungs, and muscles... The symptoms that distinguish rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis are inflammation and soft-tissue swelling of many joints at the same time (polyarthritis). The joints are usually affected initially asymmetrically and then in a symmetrical fashion as the disease progresses. The pain generally improves with use of the affected joints, and there is...

2 Online
2 Online
  • PW39

I started Humira last week.

Well, it's been a long time coming but I finally started my first biologic last week. My insurance decide it would be Humira. I'm kinda glad since the injections are every other week instead of every week. I injected my first shot on the 15th of this month in my rheumys office under the supervision of a nurse. I have to say it wasn't bad at all. It didn't hurt near what I expected and left no...
  • oceans11

Who's still here?

I'm curious on how many people have left this site since it's change. I don't see as many posts & or as many updates. I still check in from time to time but I'm having a hard time getting used to it's look & format & this is coming from someone who is very comfortable with tech, internet, computers etc.
  • rackerby

Biologic with MTX

I've been basically symptom-free on Orencia and methotrexate for about 9 months. But a few months ago my rheumatologist asked me to try to reduce the frequency of the Orencia shots from 7 days to every 10 or 14 days "…to reduce the cancer risk". I tried going to every 10 days but after two weeks had a return of some RA symptoms so he told be to go back to once a week. I did and was again,...
  • stephisme

Saw new rheumatologist

Hello everyone, I wanted to provide an update. I made a few posts about really bad experiences at a rheumatology office. Well, I finally took everyones advice and saw a new doctor! I saw a younger doctor associated with a well known hospital. The appointment went great! She was SO much nicer than the previous doctors. She confirmed the severe RA and thinks I probably also have Lupus. I tend to be...
  • happychat

Another silly question

Is there a certain time people get on here together and chat? Just wondering
  • nonightshades2

Hmmm, flop?

I'm beating a dying horse, I know. My guess is that the "masters" of this forum/site did not take into consideration that the magority of the users are older, don't like change, don't adjust to change and coupled with RA really don't like any undue stress like remembering passwords, changing them chasing down old ones to participate. I think general usage made my question rhetorical.Have I hit...
  • What's the worst part for you? Is it the pain, stiffness, both, explaining to friends, fatigue etc.?I know for me at least at this moment, it's the "unknown"? From day to day I don't know how I'm going to feel. Let me start off by saying I know my situation & my history with this disease actually not bad at all (so far). I'm only 3 years into it & as I've mentioned before with the guidance & okay...
  • Krobbs

Family Support?

I am new to all this but I am wondering how some of you were able to get your family to understand the symptoms of RA and how they effect you every day. I am lucky that my RA only affects my hands, hope it stays that way, but recently my knees have been starting to hurt. I find my self exhausted all the time and am getting enough sleep or that's what my Fitbit says. Any advice on getting family...
  • I'm here, I'm not entirely sure why, but it would be cool to make something better happen. I encourage everybody who comes here to join the Daily Strength members group, because I think that's the best place to find news about what's happening, or what you would like to see happen. PM (unless it's fixed, you may have to send a friend request) me if you want a spokesperson or help in...
  • Its almost 3:00 in the morning. I woke up with my right knee in sheer pain. This does happen and I'm sure it happens to many of us. But I gave myself my first shot of Orencia in my right thigh last night. Could it have anything to do with that, Has any of you that does Orencia ever get pain in the joint close to where you gave your self the shot.
  • min63

hey all good news

ds well be fixing log in problems and some new feathures some of ask for this firday or next week so hang in there ds is working on it hugs min
  • buddhacat

Hello RA

You folks who might be looking in, committed or not to staying with this, please drop a line in a comment.Also, join the Daily Strength members group to see what's happening with changes, and register your suggestions, complaints, questions. bc
  • WarriorGal

RASH

I have a very itchy sightly raised red rash on my right mid-section.It does not appear to be shingles in that there are no blisters or pain - though I'm 71 and because of my RA I have been unable to get the shinges vaccine and I have had the measles. I take daily Valtrex and was told that if I did get chingles it would be very mild. I read that RA itself - or any autoimmune disease can cause a...
  • http://www.healthcentral.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/c/72218/174125/rheumatoid/?ap=818
  • WarriorGal

Roller Coaster Ride

So....I've been waiting since May for Orencia to work. Three infusions so far, another 7/27 and on Prednisone and Nuycenta in the meantime. I try to take the LOWEST amunt of prednisone possible and supplement with Nuycenta. Soooo....when I have a good day, I tell myself: "YAY! Orencia is working!" Then I have a bad day and know it's NOT. And it's an emotional roller coaster.Just wanted to vent...