Rape Support Group
If you or someone you know has been the victim of rape, this is the place to find support and get advice. If you want, discuss your experience, share your feelings, and meet others going through a similar situation.
StephanieisWarped
Last night I was told that by not getting over my rape. I am not living my life properly. By letting myself be both cautious and afraid I am being immature. Is this true. I am working to move on with my life and being a strong individual. Does my lack of progress thusfar, make me immature. Is it hindering my chance to lead a successful life? what can I do to prove that I can be mature.
MeGirl16
Everybody heals at a different pace. ive been raped and abused many times, and ppl tell me that i got over alot of it too fast (?) i know it is hard, but as long as you can still take care of yourself then you can heal at your own time. you only need to be strong if thats what you want to be.
deleted_user
I'm tired of people telling us what is and isn't okay in our healing process. What matters is how well you think you are doing in your healing. My whole life since I told people about what happened to me, people have told me that I a doing too much and others have told me that I am doing too little. It is hard not to listen to people you care about, especially when they are trying to help, but you are the only one who can determine how well you are healing and what your healing process will look like. If someone thinks it is immature, I'm sure there is also someone out there who thinks the opposite. It's hard to measure progress in healing, and some counselors even think it is bad, but I always try to measure my progress too, so I know how hard it can be when someone tells you that you are not doing good enough when you are trying as hard as you can. Hang in there,
deleted_user
Tell whoever told u that to kiss off. Dont listen to them whoever they r. You do not have to prove anything to anybody. Everybody heals at a different rate. Rape leaves scars. Your scars might last years until the scars dont bother u much anymore to where u can and will live a normal life as u possibly can. It'll be ok as long as u keep people like who talk stupidity out of your life. Even if they r relatives.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...