Rabies Support Group

Rabies is a viral disease that causes acute encephalitis in animals and people. In unvaccinated humans, rabies is almost invariably fatal once full-blown symptoms have developed, but prompt post-exposure vaccination usually prevents symptoms from developing. After a typical human infection by animal bite, the virus enters the peripheral nervous system and travels along the nerves towards the central nervous system.

0 Online
  • hidemymask183

Story/Advice

First I want to give my condolences to those who have lost pets and loved ones to rabies. I don't really know what I'm doing, rather or not if I'm asking a question or just need to get this out of my system. So I'm just going share what happened a few days ago. My boyfriend had three cats and a pug. A few weeks ago we left our house and the last time that we saw his pug he was chasing a...
  • deleted_user

Rage Syndrome in Dogs

Rage Syndrome in DogsIdiopathic aggression is (thankfully) quite rare, but also quite dangerous.by Pat MillerThe term rage syndrome conjures up mental images of Cujo, Stephen Kings fictional rabid dog, terroriz-ing the countryside. If youre owner of a dog who suffers from it, its almost that bad never knowing when your beloved pal is going to turn, without warning, into a biting, raging canine...
  • deleted_user

Do I have rabies now?

I just joined this community and I am indeed a hypochondriac. There has been a stray cat that comes by our house a lot. He's real friendly and we'd feed him. We liked him so much, we decided to take him in. It's getting cold outside too, so that's another reason why. We have other pets though, including a cat, so we took the stray cat to the vet 4 days ago where he had a rabies vaccine and they...
  • deleted_user

Post Vaccination Problems

I was exposed to a rabid bat lat July. I had the full series of post expossure rabies vaccine. For the last 6 month i have had a daily headache, pulsing sensation in my eyes, and stiff neck/joints. My symptoms were so bad that my Doctor ran a rabies tieter and it came back showing that i have no rabies antibodies!! Now i have to have the whole rabies post exposure series again!!Has anyone had any...
  • deleted_user

person to person?

Can rabies pass from person to person? six years ago, when i tried to confiscate a stolen duck during a citizen's arrest, the young theif bit me! Now, i feel queasy in the morning and fell frothiness in my mouth. please advise.
  • Hi, I don't belong to this group, just happened across it today. I read an article yesterday about advancements in treatment of rabies, and thought I'd share it here. I thought it might help some of you to know that research is being done. I know that I'd want to know about it.Here's the link: http://www.physorg.com/news203685909.html "New treatment for rabies advances after successful phase 1...
  • deleted_user

SCARED!

I was bitten by a BAT, it got away. I have to have the treatment to prevent RABIES. I am under going the treatment and I am Very afraid! Does any one else feel this way while you have had treatment? I have read the article about the treatments and about the Rabies. I know the odds are in my favor, but somehow that does not seem to help. Maybe I am just looking to deep! I tried to talk to my...
  • deleted_user

MY SISTER GOT KILLED BY A RABID DOG

A FEW WEEKS AGO MY SISTER GOT BIT BY A DOG THAT HAD RABIES SOMEHOW SHE DIED ONE DAY LATER OF IT I DONT NO WHAT TO DO I MISS HER SO MUCH
  • deleted_user

dup

dup dup
  • deleted_user

this

is a test.
  • deleted_user

test

test