Pulmonary Hypertension Support Group

Pulmonary hypertension (PH) is an increase in blood pressure in the pulmonary artery or lung vasculature, leading to shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting, and other symptoms, all of which are exacerbated by exertion. Depending on the cause, pulmonary hypertension can be a severe disease with a markedly decreased exercise tolerance and right-sided heart failure.

0 Online
  • dawnc4t

Hope for PAH

Breakthrough could help sufferers of fatal lung disease - News releases - News ...https://www.sheffield.ac.uk news brea...I found this news which sounds very interesting for PAH sufferers it's being researched in Sheffield university in the Uk
  • jbmc777

Excercise and PH

I recently had my second echo showing mild dialation of Right Ventricle, and Systoic Pressure of PA of 47. The cardio docs are calling this secondary pulmonary hypertension due to massive pulmonary embolism in February 2014. I go in for my Right Heart Cath next Wed. for more testing. My questions is, "How many people are involved in an excercise routine in treating their PH?" I know some folks...
  • linnovak

Portable Oxygen Concentrators

Does anyone know of a portable concentrator that has a steady flow of at least 5? I found ones with a pulse flow of 3, but none higher than that. My sister has Pulmonary Hypertension and we will be going on a 2 today car trip. It would be much easier to have a concentrator then using tanks. Or is there any car adapter that can be used? Thanks for any info
  • seethur

What led to your PH diagnosis?

Hi everyone,I'm wondering what led to the doctors suspecting and testing you for PH? I was diagnosed with Chronic PE and I've been on blood thinners for 3 months but I'm still super short of breath and get a lot of skipped heart beats. The doctors did an echo test when I was diagnosed and it looked normal, but I'm wondering if I need to push to get a right heart catheter test?Best,Ally
  • elektrik

Surgery in February

I'll make this my 'official' blog on the subject:So UCSD accepted me as a possible candidate for surgery (my Pulmonologist confirmed they feel they can help me, so it's probably more a matter of 'when' as opposed to 'if).I'm excited nervous and scared all at the same time. more as it comes....
  • elektrik

So here's a new one...

Hi guys. Diagnosed with PAH after the Massive Bilateral PEs/DVTs that I had. They put me on Adempas in January since there was no residual clotting material in my lungs to remove and my Mean pulmonary artery pressure was 74 mm Hg. Fast forward to a week ago. I was feeling better (could walk up a flight of stairs, exercise without oxygen, etc) and got my follow-up EchoCardiogram done, thinking...
  • nanuq

Share your story

Hi everyone,I'm a writer, and I'm currently working on a novel about a woman with PH. My intention is to bring some awareness and humanity to the disease in the most respectful and genuine way possible. Because of this, I'm looking for actual experiences, feelings, thoughts, and everything in between from anyone touched by this illness in any way.If you would like to share your experience...
  • munchkin24

My 2yr old has Idiopathic PH

My daughter was born with Idiopathic PH and has been on Sildenafil and Oxygen at .5L 24/7. I'm hoping that someday she can be without the oxygen.Does anyone know if this is even possible? I would love to take her travelling.
  • pappy45

Pulmonary Hypertension

I have Pulmonary Hypertension and on O2 24/7 that helps. I had a right side cath and the wedge pressure was 25 and I am not exchanging enough O2 into my blood, this is from the Pulmonologists view. Saw a Cardiac doctor and thought the problem was in the lung. Well the Pulmonologists differs and said the downward pressure was too high. He is having me do a Pulmonary / Cardiac check that will test...
  • Hello,This a great opportunity to discuss your condition with our research company. We're looking to interview you for 60 minutes and will compensate you $100. Schlesinger Associates, a national market research company located in 14 US cities, is looking to speak to:Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) or Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) patientsAll must have a pump or inhaler they use for...
  • deleted_user

how is everyone

There were some posts about new doctors new tests snd then nothing i know i have been sick and then had a major melt down. I am over the melt down. I have had few of these in my life but they do happen i have had a few in my life and through support and prayer i get through them. I apologize for my whining. I know there are people dealing with more than I do. But as i tell a friend who...
  • Hello!I just started taking Lorastan/HCTZ (50/12.5)for high blood pressure three days ago. I just took my BP and it is still high.I am wondering, how long would it take for this medication to become effective ? I read that it may take a few weeks to lower my BP. Your opinion is welcome! Thanks.
  • I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension right after my 3rd Open-Heart Surgery in 2006. The pressures are between 75-85....very high!My first two OHS happened in 1975 when I had a double-valve implant. I was 24 yrs. old then, I am 63 now. In 2006, they had to swap out the Aortic Mechanical Valve but shortly after, the Mitral Valve went south too.The reason I say that it is Secondary PH is...
  • y #4 - 07/24/13 4:27pm " i was told either by my cardiologist , or my pulmonologist when i was diagnosed w/ congestive heart failure and ph , that i could no longer fly on a plane that it could kill me, so i am now limited to driving . i just recently drove to visit my mother in henderson nevada , from mesa arizona, and while i was driving , i could notice my shortness of breath the further i...
  • deleted_user

13yr Old Son Has PAH

I spent two weeks in the hospital with him, he got the heart cath done to get accurate pressures. His pressure is/was 130. He has a picc line to supply the medicine he is now on but they wanted to put in a Broviac but at the time they said it was too risky since his pressures were so high and after being ramped up on meds through the picc the levels had not dropped so they sent him home with a...