Pulmonary Embolism Support Group
By far the most common form of pulmonary embolism is a thromboembolism, which occurs when a blood clot, generally a venous thrombus, becomes dislodged from its site of formation and embolizes to the arterial blood supply of one of the lungs. Symptoms may include difficulty breathing, pain during breathing, and more rarely circulatory instability and death.
cjmenjou
Just checking in, 6 weeks from Sunday is my Ironman race. I don't know if it's from the coumadin or the training, but the fatigue of this day in day out push is pretty strong. I know fatigue is reported as a side effect, never really noticed it until recently.
Just need to get through the last few weeks safely, smartly, and uninjured. Then I get to wear the clot buster jersey at the Ironman.
The Ironman "slogan" is "Anything is Possible. 4 years ago last week (july 4, 2009) I was released from the hospital with multiple bilateral PEs, and lung infarction. Walking a mile wore me out. March 2010 had my second round, earning me a lifetime supply.
4 years later, I am 40# lighter, almost down to high school weight, and except for the fatigue am in the best shape of my life. This weekend I am riding 6 hours and then running 40 minutes after on Saturday, and Sunday is a "light" day, mile ocean swim and 1:15 run.
So looking forward to a big cheeseburger and fries after the race!.
Just need to get through the last few weeks safely, smartly, and uninjured. Then I get to wear the clot buster jersey at the Ironman.
The Ironman "slogan" is "Anything is Possible. 4 years ago last week (july 4, 2009) I was released from the hospital with multiple bilateral PEs, and lung infarction. Walking a mile wore me out. March 2010 had my second round, earning me a lifetime supply.
4 years later, I am 40# lighter, almost down to high school weight, and except for the fatigue am in the best shape of my life. This weekend I am riding 6 hours and then running 40 minutes after on Saturday, and Sunday is a "light" day, mile ocean swim and 1:15 run.
So looking forward to a big cheeseburger and fries after the race!.
TossNTurn
I'll be cheering for you from Colorado. Hope you'll be able to hear it as you cross the finish line!
rmb
We are with you all the way!!
FGtri
I am so excited for you! You will do great. Just take it one mile at a time, and before you know it you will be crossing The Line! Of course race day is your reward for all your hard work and training, so enjoy the day and feel proud that you have succeeded in your recovery and proven it with one of the biggest races out there! You are an Ironman!
jan11965
Awesome! Don't forget sleep in your training schedule!
deleted_user
Wow! Completing an Ironman is an amazing accomplishment. Cheering you on from AZ.
More2be
How great it is not only to have survived, but to still live. Finish well.
Tian71
You give me hope! Good luck to you and stay safe!
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Nationalday.com proclaims September 28th as Self Aware Day. I took a few snaps of various core values lists and tried to pick my top five core values (kinda hard to only pick 5). But here are my top picks. Feel free to list a few of yours too:GodLovePeaceStability Compassion
-
Now that I am not talking to my whatever best friend, I realized that her life is full of drama. I had grown tired of hearing her stories about her boyfriend many months ago. She basically had been monopolizing conversations for that long too. She pretty much stopped asking me questions about me. I passed her in front of her classroom the other day and didn't even look at her. I am...
