Prolactinoma Support Group
A prolactinoma is a benign tumor of the pituitary gland that produces a hormone called prolactin. It is the most common type of pituitary tumor. Symptoms of prolactinoma are caused by too much prolactin in the blood or by pressure of the tumor on surrounding tissues. Prolactin stimulates the breast to produce milk during pregnancy. After delivery of the baby, a mother's...
Either way, you'll need meds.
Get that second opinion...something sounds fishy.
I changed endos due to the fact that the original doc was not helpful or responsive. Your team members should answer ALL of your questions and concerns. I switched to a university medical center and was, by far, the best decision...you often see multiple docs (residents and attendings) so you gets lots of different opinions and ideas. They consult with each other and have been very honest when they don't have the answer & seek to find one. Untimately your treatment is YOUR choice, but they should provide all options and the pros & cons of each. Don't allow them to frustrate you, just take control of your appointments. You are the boss, so don't leave until you are satisfied with the answers.
I hope this helps & trust me, I understand the frustration. Take care & good luck!
Frankly, I've had to make almost all the adjunctive medication suggestions myself. My current Endo has left me with an almost low thyroid condition now for two years. It wasn't until I said something that she did anything about it.
You must become informed and proactive in your treatment and wellness plan.
Get a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th opinion if necessary. It's your body and your life.
My 2nd opinion was Mayo clinic and they were worse than my small town doctor, they basically told me I was crazy and needed therapy.
Good Luck!