Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Support Group
Find support with others who have gone through a traumatic experience. Whether you have chronic or acute PTSD, we are here for you.
lllovelyrecovery
I seem to be having a lot of mood swings lately. Earlier today, I discussed with my friend how far I've come and that I would not want to commit suicide because I've worked so hard.
Tonight, I had a conversation with the same friend about the plan to kill myself.
I don't * really * want to die...... I'm terrified that I will never be better than I am. Yes, I've come "far'. But I'm terrified that I will never be normal and I'm terrified that I will never get a job because I have scars all over my arm. I'm scared that I will kill myself, because I want this all to just stop... I don't truly want to do it.. but I don't want not do it?
Okay, this is now a tangent. Basically I'm scared I'll hurt myself because my emotions get out of control, and I am not great at self control.
Tonight, I had a conversation with the same friend about the plan to kill myself.
I don't * really * want to die...... I'm terrified that I will never be better than I am. Yes, I've come "far'. But I'm terrified that I will never be normal and I'm terrified that I will never get a job because I have scars all over my arm. I'm scared that I will kill myself, because I want this all to just stop... I don't truly want to do it.. but I don't want not do it?
Okay, this is now a tangent. Basically I'm scared I'll hurt myself because my emotions get out of control, and I am not great at self control.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
And do you have anything that you love to do that could distract your from the suicidal thoughts?
I'm afraid I'm gonna end up inpatient because my friend told the school, which is what a good friend is supposed to do I guess.... My family wants me to go, but in have 3 weeks of school left and I don't want to miss anything.
Either I kill myself or I ruin my entire semester at school -_- both are not ideal?
Next time you are feeling down, please if you are able, go outside and just watch the birds, or squirrels, even a small ant hauling something to its nest, it is all so unbelievable and amazing.
Big hugs, and please treat yourself well, best wishes.
gero, yes.. those things bring me peace and connection too. I used to live in the country, but live in the city now. I have those memories though, and find similar peace in prayer.
I don't have advice really... I know that when I feel safe, I can enjoy the little things... And it really does feel good...
At the moment I don't know how to be safe...'but I will be here with you and hold your hand, your not alone... And neither am I...!!!
I had to let go of believing in "normal." I believe there are people who are more "typical" than me. But I'm not abnormal because I'm in this shape I'm in after surviving the traumas I've survived. I certainly don't deserve to die over that.
It tapers to left and right, as people or whatever go off to higher/lower endsof the measurements.....
Bad explanation but my point is....
Believe it or not, we're not that far outside the big humped middle of the BELL in the middle. We're not. If you take into account the WHOLE POPULATION? So many are dx'd with some form of mental or emotional disorder that it's pretty much right there in the bell-- a form of normalt hat is a little off the high center but still nowhere near hte outlying points.
Normal is based on what people agree is normal. In some cultures, it's having more than one wife---and monogamy is "abnormal". In another culture, it might be eating a certain food---and to them it's "crazy" to touch it. Normal is subjective, not objective.
I am normal. For me. That's what I got. So you're normal for you. For here and now.:-)
There is the difference. You want to get better, graduate and go on to a better life, let that be the force to take any small steps needed to get your head in the tracks to get there.
Counseling, classes, outside therapy, grounding techniques etc., are the tools.
Our brains have unlimited areas to tuck new info, so the more you work at the tools, positive experiences matter how small, the less you have as a percentage of bad, banging around in your brain.
Stick around for the change you can make. Even the small ones count on the whole, like ripples made when you skip a stone across the water. Positive, spreads the positive.
Some tips Muji gathered.
http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/tips-for-ptsd-flashbacks/discussions/messages/15379699
I hope this helps.
Jewells.
Unfortunately, my therapist is making calls in the morning to get me into an inpatient program. I know it's probably best, considering the anniversary on my mom's death is rapidly approaching, and that I'm afraid of myself lately. I wish it wasn't necessary, but my family and my therapist want me to go so I am guaranteed safety. I'm honestly really scared..