Physical & Emotional Abuse Support Group
Abuse is a general term for the treatment of someone that causes some kind of harm (to the abused person, to the abusers themselves, or to someone else) that is unlawful or wrongful. No one deserves abuse, period. Abuse can be emotional, physical, or sexual.
Hopetobefree2010
I just made it over a huge hurdle! I left my whole life behind and I'm now at my daughter's house 1800 miles away. It was 6 months in the planning and there were times I didn't think I would be able to do it. I feel out of sorts and I get hit with waves of emotion and cry at the drop of a hat but I'm sure that must be pretty normal. My husband was blindsided by the whole thing but has been much more reasonable than I ever would have expected. I talked to him last night for the first time since last Friday. He was OK but made a point of telling me that he would like another chance which is what I was afraid would happen if I talked to him. I need to make it clear that my decision was final. The time for new chances is long past. It took a lot for me to get this far and I know as much as he would like to believe he can change, the truth is he probably can't. I'm emotionally exhausted and feel like a fish out of water but I think the hardest part of it is behind me. I value the advice and support of all of you and welcome any words of wisdom you might have for me at this stage of my transition .
deleted_user
I am very proud of you as I know how hard that was for you to do. My only advice, and this is from experience, is dont let him sweet talk you into going back to him. Find yourself and get strong and healthy. My prayers and thoughts are with you.....
FarAndAway
Yay! I'm so proud of you. Of course you feel like a fish out of water. Give yourself time to acclimate WITHOUT his influence. You worked very hard and planned very carefully. I think knowing that, you will be able to resist him. Good luck!
wvartgirl
Yay! I am so happy for you! You will feel weird for awhile but it only gets better, I promise. Stick to your guns and if you are tempted to feel sorry for him turn the empathy around and place it on yourself. The time for reconciliation is over...this is your time to discover peace, freedom and to get back your most important asset...yourself. Hugs, love and light to you as you transition back to yourself.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...