Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support Group
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder, more specifically, an anxiety disorder. OCD is manifested in a variety of forms, but is most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive (repetitive, distressing, intrusive) thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or rituals) which attempt to neutralize the obsessions.
MorningSadness00
Does anyone feel like theyre actually crazy if they have intrusive thoughts about hurting/killing others? it scares the crap out of me, and then i start to think i actually am Crazy, Anyone else experience this?
deleted_user
Every damn day!
MorningSadness00
I hate it! It is so distressing
deleted_user
Yes I do feel crazy. I also have a hard time keeping my head up. I have to keep telling myself that things will be different. Its hard but thats the nature of the beast.
deleted_user
Yea, those kind of thoughts are scary and since they are so violent they make you feel like you are crazy or sick. I one day had a random thought jump into my head that i was going to stab my dad, it was really scary because i didn't want to but because i thought of it it made me feel like something was wrong with me. I have had other horrible thoughts like that and it does make you feel like your crazy or something but your not. It's all just part of OCD. And even people without OCD get these thoughts but in those people the thoughts don't stick and they don't give them meaning. So inturn they don't get as many weird thoughts and they aren't freaked out by them they just are like, wow that was a weird thought and they move on like it's nothing.
deleted_user
I feel the same way. Like maybe it's not OCD, it's just me.
deleted_user
Absoutely!!!!!! my OCD has taken on the religious form called scrupolisty and we had a scary sermon in church today that has me shaking in my boots, Mike
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...