Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support Group
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder, more specifically, an anxiety disorder. OCD is manifested in a variety of forms, but is most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive (repetitive, distressing, intrusive) thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or rituals) which attempt to neutralize the obsessions.
JAENYC
Hi- I am on 80 mg prozac/day (although generic kind) and all of a sudden I feel like I am on no meds...I am so anxious, my ocd is completely focused on something bad happening to my little girl who I cherish- I know recent events I have seen on the news involving kids have only made it worse- but I feel like I need to try a different med. Has anyone had this experience with prozac- where it seemed to stop working? Any suggestions? this is just torture!! Thanks!!
mybeach
I don't know about the meds as I have never taken any... probably could benefit myself but that is a whole other issue for me. Can you talk to your docotor? Different meds effect people diffierently... also, have you changed your diet any lately? Foods can also interact with meds and sometimes change how they are absorbed and react in the body.
deleted_user
I'm not sure about the meds but just wanted you to know that my OCD centers around my kids as well. OCD will always center around what you care the most about. That is how it gets our attention. And it sure does work, doesn't it? :) Reading about that house fire in Connecticut has brought back all my old fire fears again. You are not alone!
JAENYC
oh- I can't even watch the house fire on the news it is so upsetting- that is exactly what triggered for me, and I have been off all week so no work to distract, which is when my ocd is at its worst!- it is helpful (although I am sorry you have to go through this too!) to know this is not an uncommon fear-
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...