Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support Group
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder, more specifically, an anxiety disorder. OCD is manifested in a variety of forms, but is most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive (repetitive, distressing, intrusive) thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or rituals) which attempt to neutralize the obsessions.
silkroad
In the past month of January, my OCD has been both good and bad. I have had a few improvements on a few obsesssions and compulsions. I can remember one thing I've improved on is spending less time with my toothbrushing. I still am obsessive with using too much toothpaste. There are a few obsessions and compulsions I am still struggling with lately. I am still struggling with getting stuck on the toilet with my compulsive, physically abusive behaviors such as straining, banging my back and counting with my fingers. I find this obsession to be really irritating and I am getting very tired of it. I take long showers and baths and my parents and brother complain at me. I remember in the past month breaking the shower head when I was fighting with my mom. It was simply awful and I felt embarassed and bad about it. I have a compulsion where I shave more than once, making my skin feel raw and itchy. Sometimes I cut myself in the proccess. I use an excessive amount of shampoo and conditioner when washing my hair. My parents, brother complain about this also.I get upset at myself for using to much shampoo and conditioner. Lastly, I use an excessive amount of toilet paper. My parents, brother complain at me and I get angry at myself for this obsessive behavior. I feel my OCD can be frustraiting and difficult to deal with. Despite the frustration, I try to be optimistic and do the best I can. I hope to get better in the next month. This is all for now.
Take care,
Silkroad
Take care,
Silkroad
deleted_user
One day at a time that's all we can do...
deleted_user
It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I have OCD and I know that this is a lot to deal with on a daily basis. I can only imagine what it must feel like to deal with OCD and schizophrenia. I think that you are doing a great job, hang in there! I can appreciate your journey and your courage in dealing with all of these day-to-day grooming issues and such in conjunction with combatting and co-existing with these illnesses, especially within the family unit. By the way, you may want to look in your local drugstore for a lotion called "Sarna", it will really help to soothe and calm the raw, itchy skin. Good luck.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...