Neuropathy Community Group

WELCOME to the Neuropathy group... For all those who have all types of Nerve Damage and PAIN! A GREAT PAIN resource area! Over 100 photos and 25 research topics on specific pain issues.

0 Online

Support from family

It's so hard dealing with pain especially when you don't get any support from the person who your supposed to be closest to. So hard when your trying to deal with pain and that person treats you worse than the pain. Having hard time understanding why. unless you are having a good Day you are treated like crap and they make you feel worthless.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Sorry to read this. It's unfortunate that you're not getting the sympathy and support that you need. I also suffer from peripheral neuropathy and although I know that those around me will never understand it, I know that they care. Have you tried asking exactly why you're being treated like this?
Firewalker
Firewalker

Sorry to hear that, I'm in a similar boat myself. but for another reason. In my case my wife is battling breast cancer. While I kinda wish that she and our daughter would be more understanding and sympathetic to my problems I surely understand why not. Breast Cancer trumps neuropathy anyday!!
Paularae
Paularae

I am so sorry. I have a wonderful support group. Husband, kids, friends. I've had Neuropothy for 18 years now. Wondered and fled from Dr to Dr until the right one finally did a nerve conduction study. So have had pain for 18 years that started out as a 1 then month by month and year by year grew worse and the DR's did not know what it was until 9 years ago. So 9 years without knowing what I had and now fighting it 9 years knowing what it is. Bad days are more then good days but I know God is in control and has beauty in it for His glory. I will pray for you.
Lolo123
Lolo123

Hi my name is lotus and I think I may be diagnosed with this dread disease. Please stay in touch
hoopoe
hoopoe

I'm so sorry for them, they are missing out on time they may not have later. Until my endrconlogist brought that up to my husband did he so any concern. Mo matter what dinner @6, clothes cleaned etc.. I've been blessed with great boys and a wonderful church family to step in with everything. I know it's impossible to do but you have to not stress, do what's best for you. Perhaps when your still in bed @ dinner time they may start getting the message. Family is always harder on there own. But will jump to help others. Your not alone God has you in His Mighty Arms and you've got us. Hang tough, do what's best for you, perhaps not doing will cause them to question their actions. Remember the stress will harm you, so look after yourself. I'm sure you've been there for them. Now it's time to be selfish. My prayers are with you.
tomboy_central
tomboy_central

Why are you letting these verbal abusers do what hurts you, stand up to them, unless you can't do one single thing, you try until you can't anymore!
Kathy1234
Kathy1234

The ppl around us, especially our family, dont understand so there scared. Itd just be so easy if theyd read some info on the illness and tried to get in our position. Nobody wants to take the time to do that. So we end up hurting inside too.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • hopeless99

Stuck (TW)

I guess I don't know where to start. I feel like my head is spinning trying to process everything that's happened so far. I was raped and molested by my uncle when I was 12.I was staying at my grandma's house so I could go to church with her in the morning. My uncle lived with her at the time. It was about midnight or so, grandma was asleep, and I was almost asleep in the living room. My uncle...
  • Suech

idiopathic chronic pancreatitis- questions

HiAfter quite awhile of feeling bad, I just recently, finally, had a endoscopic ultrasound and was told i have chronic pancreatitis. Since I am alcohol intolerant and thus never drank, don't have this in my family, didn't take any new medications etc, and it doesn't seem to be autoimmune, they don't know why. I was having massive pain after eating which is much better, but not gone, since...