Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group
This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.
stayingpositive2
Anyone else not yet diagnosed and taking meds? MRI shows lots of lesions so Nuero basically said I have CIS and 75% chance of it devoloping into MS. They have done studies with people not yet diagnosed and started treatment sooner. It was almost 3 times as long before they had another relapse that could give them their definate dx. It seems as though when I asked for advice if I should start taking copaxone before dx I had alot of comments saying no. But I also see alot of posts stating that they wished they were diagnosed sooner so they could have started treatment sooner? Went to see my OB for annual exam and she recommended I start treatment also because its better to start early. Her nurse's best friend had MS and she also recommended the same thing.
So just wondering if anyone not DX yet is on meds? Or if you are DX, would you have started before if given the opportunity?
So just wondering if anyone not DX yet is on meds? Or if you are DX, would you have started before if given the opportunity?
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
It is really up to you. I took Copaxone for 8 months & then she dx me. I have also heard that the sooner you start a treatment the better. Do your research though & read every type of medicine there is & their side affects!! Also don't be afraid to ask your doc questions!!
Good luck & best wishes!!
She compared HIV/AIDS to treating possible MS/full blown MS. She said that a dr wouldn't wait to treat an HIV patient until they have full blown AIDS and that she believes that if a patient has the proper prerequisites for MS that you shouldn't wait for them to develop full blown MS, either.
You can choose to take the meds or not. Keep in mind that on the internet you are going to get a lot of opinions based on personal experience, not science.
So, my personal experience....if my dr (who i trust completely) told me to take it I would. If I wasn't sure if I trusted my dr then I'd contact a dr at a place that I kNOW is good...like Mayo clinic or Swedish center and do some research. TALK TO YOUR DR and ask them what the benefits vs. the risks are.
disability from MS is caused from lesions. It is imperative that you slow down the progression of the lesions. If it is clear that you already have CIS then the injections may slow down whatever is happening. Find out what the risks are then decide for yourself.
We can give you our opinions but ultimately only YOU can decide if you are willing to do whatever you can to stop what is happening to you or if you will choose to wait and see what happens.