Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group
This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.
TSand
I was in Italy on a trip with my children and woke up with numbness in one hand and two fingers on the other. I came home, went to see the doctor, was referred to a neurologist and had two MRI's (spine and brain) and a spinal tap. I was diagnosed with MS. I go back and see the neurologist next week for a talk, and I guess to find out what the treatments will be. I am a 53 year old man and I also go next week to talk to the new principal at the high school where I teach. I sort of want to give the principal a heads up. Any thoughts on this, or suggestions on what I should ask the doctor? I am grateful that this community exists, but sort of wish I could have just stayed with the divorce group. Ah well...
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Sorry for the DX. but we've got your back and will support you here
and yes sorry for your diagnosis...
The first thing I would do this weekend is look for some of lchoppel posts about what to do like get the neuro to hold up the DX till you get some things in order like STD LTD life insurance I'm sure she will post to this, there are a lot of things you need to do to prepare and I would not tell tell anyone myself, heck they treat you like your diseased, or do people already know? One thing I do know about treatment is it will be what your health insurance will cover, than you and your dctor gets to pick from that list I called and found out what was cover'd before I went to the neuro and I was cover'd for 2 different ones and picked from there, the others are all step drugs,
Good luck to you
I did tell my supervisors and coworkers pretty quick, but everyone knew I was having problems with numbness in my hands and the nerve conduction study had ruled out carpal tunnel. Also, I had the MRIs at the hospital I work for and figured it was just a matter of time before someone found out. I have LTD insurance at work and figured if I got pulled off the road that I would file for disabiiity.