Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group
This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.
Squeemom2
Good morning and happy Monday!
Ok, first and foremost, I'm not an alcoholic. I don't abuse alcohol. But....I do like to have a drink (or a few drinks or more than a few drinks) 3-4 times a month with my friends or husband. If I'm not in an exacerbation, is there any reason not to drink with MS other than personal preference? I don't have any real residual problems yet. I've made it out of this particular exacerbation with almost everything intact. The fatigue is still getting me but that is nothing new. My left foot is still tingling if I do too much and if I get real crazy it starts to creep up my leg. But I feel relatively good.
What are your opinions on drinking and how do you handle it or not handle it?
Ok, first and foremost, I'm not an alcoholic. I don't abuse alcohol. But....I do like to have a drink (or a few drinks or more than a few drinks) 3-4 times a month with my friends or husband. If I'm not in an exacerbation, is there any reason not to drink with MS other than personal preference? I don't have any real residual problems yet. I've made it out of this particular exacerbation with almost everything intact. The fatigue is still getting me but that is nothing new. My left foot is still tingling if I do too much and if I get real crazy it starts to creep up my leg. But I feel relatively good.
What are your opinions on drinking and how do you handle it or not handle it?
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
We finished our outside work last night and I had 3 beers while we enjoyed the great weather that we are having. Of course I had to use the facilities 72 times, but that was okay. ;)
I do find that drinking make me feel worse now as the numbness for obvious reasons increases to a point I can't take it and even though I only have 3 beers max if I go out, the next day I feel unable to do anything. My body just decides it hates me for a few days. I really do just try and avoid drinking altogether now. I need to focus on my health more, also I don't trust myself some times.