Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group
This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.
kiakim
I was just informed today that our insurance plans at my job are changing. They are dropping the carrier I use now. I am feeling really stressed out about this because I don't know what to do. I have to find a new Dr. and neurologist but I don't know how this works. Will a new neuro automatically continue giving me copaxone? I am hoping for a smooth transition and that the costs of everything don't go up. I really liked my neuro too and after reading some of the stories here about peoples dealings with their neurologists and Dr's I am really nervous about this. Thanks for listening, I am open for advice!
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
hope things work out for you as i too am looking for new doc..your new one should keep ypou on all your meds...
hugs
amy
The same thing happened to me - it actually worked out for the best as it opened up more experienced providers although they are out of area and I have to drive 1.5 hours to their office. But worth it for as often as I see my Dr.
ABOVE ALL - it is your body. Don't let the Neuro or any other Dr tell you what you need to do. My Neuro wants me on Tysabri and I am relatively symptom free at the moment and no disabilities/ loss of function. When I questioned about PML - he replied he would rather be dead than crippled. I looked that SOB in the eye and said "then you've never been close to death!" I can't really blame him for saying that - I used to say the same thing until I had a near death experience that changed my perspective entirely! Heck look at Eric Legande (Rutgers football player paralyzed from neck down) - Dr told him he would most likely be on respirator for the rest of his life - is sorta starting to walk now!! It will never be what it was for him, but he took the cards he was delt, said his prayers, trusted in God and tackled the next day! He knows what life is about! What Character!!!
I am simply treating with LDN. No diet mods or anything else. I am kinda wondering if I am living on borrowed time as most here have experienced some paralysis/loss of function at one time or another. Maybe I should start one of the diets and some supplements along with an Ex pgrm?