Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group
This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.
frusciante
Lately I have been feeling, well, like a zombie.
I don't remember being this tired..only before I was diagnosed with MS.
I am currently on Copaxone and it basically does SHIT. lol That's all...nothing.I've had 3 flare ups in the past 6 months and they're getting worse.
My neuro's thinking of switching me to Rebif, but he wants a MRI first.
Who is/has been on Rebif? Pros/Cons?
I'm getting really sick of having to switch from med to med!!
I don't know where this is going I think I am just rambling lol
I'll be fine and suddenly I'll get hit so bad I almost fall asleep whilst doing something...even making dinner or driving..I can't have that...not with two kids!! Its scary I need to see if I can get in THIS week...ok im sorry, i am done now :D
I don't remember being this tired..only before I was diagnosed with MS.
I am currently on Copaxone and it basically does SHIT. lol That's all...nothing.I've had 3 flare ups in the past 6 months and they're getting worse.
My neuro's thinking of switching me to Rebif, but he wants a MRI first.
Who is/has been on Rebif? Pros/Cons?
I'm getting really sick of having to switch from med to med!!
I don't know where this is going I think I am just rambling lol
I'll be fine and suddenly I'll get hit so bad I almost fall asleep whilst doing something...even making dinner or driving..I can't have that...not with two kids!! Its scary I need to see if I can get in THIS week...ok im sorry, i am done now :D
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Hugs,
Stacey
It's frustrating and scary especially for a young mother, ask your Dr for meds, but always think safety first, specially when driving. My fatigue hits me hard, like a faint, so I stopped driving for the sake of others. Let us know what the Dr says .
Alma
Online check lndinfo.org
Have read that this keeps MS from progressing, been in remission since I started.
The DMD's are supposed to just slow the progression of MS. I had flares every month for probally 8 months and now they are starting to settle down. For Fatigue I have Provigil and have been experimenting with it to see how it works best and it has been doing a really good job.
Have you talked to your Neuro about Pulse Steroids? I do low dose the 500 strength because I had a bad experience with the 1000 dose and want to up to 750 but am having fever issues not because of the Steroids, something else. But anyways my neuro has me trying a 6 month trial and I will say I think it has done a great job for me, so maybe give it some thought and talk to your neuro.
As far as the Rebif goes all I can say is after almost a year the only problem I've had is fever if I don't premedicate, no flu like problems and I did get an infection at a shot site, but my Alcohol wipe was pretty dry that night so probally my fault, can happen with any shot, so overall happy so far. I hope you start feeling better soon and try Provigil or one of the other meds and make sure you get lots of rest.
Sorry for the long post reply
Take Care
Dave
Unless I had a really benign course, I would be on Tysabri no matter what, even if you are JC+ like 90% of the population.
I don't know how you do it with small children. Feel free to rant here on this board anytime. That's what we are here for, to help support you and you to support us with our issues. Good luck.
Best of luck!Marilyn
katand7kids, he ordered Solumedrol treatments in Dec. That helped a lot but everything came back worse in March.
He wants to see if the Copaxone will take any effect with the flare ups, if not, he wants to switch me to something more aggressive. Other than that I have an MRI I have to go to... i hope i don't fall asleep this time lol
I haven't gone to it yet because, honestly, I'm afraid of the results :(
is LDN. No side effects, no needles. Helping to keep me in remision.
Online check LDNinfo.org.