Multiple Personalities Support Group
Dissociative identity disorder is a diagnosis described as the existence in an individual of two or more distinct identities or personalities, each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment. At least two of these personalities are considered to routinely take control of the individual's behavior, and there is also some associated memory loss,...
mysticrose
ive been doing a lot of stupid things lately and I dont understand. I've txt my sister and asked 'who is this' and I know its my sister and when she txt back 'its me your sister' I had no idea that I had asked her who she was. I paid the wrong company from my bank and I have no idea how i did that as I didnt even have a bill from them I thought I paid the phone bill but when i went to my bank next I had paid a gas account from many years ago. A friend wanted to be my friend on facebook and I sent a reply saying 'i dont know you' and when they sent one back saying 'of course you know me' i had no recollection of sending the first message.to them and these things are only whats happened recently. Am i losing my mind
stephanietram
You are not losing your mind. Just having some leaky spots. Damage control can be tricky but can be managed with a little bit of organization and creativity. When I first started blowing up with DID I told a few people that I have been under a lot of stress and it was affecting my short-term memory, but I was working on it, so please try to be understanding if I make some mistakes. I keep a calendar now and everyone inside knows to look at it several times a day to be sure what we are supposed to be doing. Outside of the envelope on bills I write the date it must be paid by, allowing time for post delivery. My husband tells me each morning as he is leaving, the day and anything important I have told him I need to remember to do. Maybe some of this can help you overcome the practical challenges. Don't give up....
deleted_user
i'm going to quote my husband: you are not losing your mind because you never had it, the control we think we have over our mind and thoughts is an illusion. :p
acaseofyou12581
You aren't losing your mind. You're just switching. I know "just" seems like an insane word to attach to that, but that's what's happening. You have to work on getting everybody on the same page. When they are, you will stop losing time. It takes effort, but you can do it.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...