Multiple Personalities Support Group

Dissociative identity disorder is a diagnosis described as the existence in an individual of two or more distinct identities or personalities, each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment. At least two of these personalities are considered to routinely take control of the individual's behavior, and there is also some associated memory loss, which is beyond normal forgetfulness. This memory loss is often referred to as "losing time". These symptoms must occur independently of substance abuse or a general medical condition. Dissociative identity disorder was initially named multiple personality disorder, and, as referenced above, that name remains in the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and...

1 Online
  • Ambience

Sexuality

Anyone else experience urges from alters?  Like being attracted to people that you arnt attracted to. Or having desires that arnt yours? It's been troubling me and I'm hoping for tips on dealing with it.
  • BeeSummerApril

.....just write somthing... Bee free

So i (Bee) finally read a symptom list for DID actually two lists the DSM list reminds me of th the old time encyclopedias in that it barley has enough information to fill a Dixie cup but some how has a reputation as being a "definitive" source. The second list was much more in depth . No suprises from either list . I did however come away with a couple of comforting things .1 I am called the...
  • KittyTwist

Bleh and ewww

I'm feeling pretty nervous right now.I live with my sister and I know its not like she can ever leave me really, but I'm worried I'm too much for her right now.I was too much for my mom, even when there were less of me, so she only wanted me around when I was easy to deal with.My sister is amazing, and I am trying to learn that I am not too much for everyone to handle, and trying to find people...
  • Amberwindow

Tool Box

What healthy skills have you learned to help with your coping?1. When very Anxious look around to find your favorite color or color you like...as many things as you can with that color.2. Stop and use all 5 senses: listen? What do you hear? Look? Identify what you see. Smell? What does it smell like? Fall leaves? Summer cut grass? Etc?, taste? What taste if any is in your mouth? Touch? Feel...
  • Amberwindow

Check in with feelings...

Therapist wants me to do a "check in" with my feelings several times a day. I think morning, mid day, night...will work for me...if i can remember...anyway I thought why not make a section for this and invite all of you to join me/us. It's just simply naming what your feeling and nothing more right now....today it has beenMorning: FrustratedAfternoon: AnxiousNight: Tired 
  • KittyTwist

Notebook of Roll Call

Since we've been doing these roll calls I wanted to share something I did a few years ago.  Now look, I'm a DIDder so I did this, then left it around, then found it and put out in a folder, then didn't see it for a few years. So the way!I took a ream of paper.On one page in the lower corner (I did it landscape style) I  wroteNervous Nellie (4)Then I made a column titled Traits and one titled...
  • Jackson41

Confrused

My counerlor said that I have DID but later recanted her diagnoise I have several friends that say I have DID I have 47 splits what can I do to help her understand me and beleive me I also have videos of my splits but still don't beleive me.
  • BeeSummerApril

Big fight

Hello all,It's just me Willow (formerly C) L. and April.Everyone else is in time out. There was a big fight last night after an incident where Purple AND Sweet Honey Bee lost thier cool upsetting everyone. I undestand why and there is no judgment just a need to restore order and keep Purple from ripping what's left of our house apart and her and Honey Bee from posting on Face Book until they cool...
  • KittyTwist

Up and down

So I've been having a rough go of it for a few months. My sister/roommate and I went to see our mom a few months back. And she told me she thought it would "be better for me" if we didn't see each other for a while. Doesn't that sound like a dear john letter? It made me crazy. I mean, I seriously haven't functioned the same since. But this is the woman who sent me away to live with godparents...
  • KittyTwist

My Pusher

Pusher is out today.Never really determined the sex on this one so assuming its a she.She hit her head pretty hard on an object and burned herself a tiny bit and stubbed her toe. I know she is pretty mad and maybe hates us.  She has pushed us down the stairs a number of times and we have to be really careful now when we walk stairs anywhere cause she seems to like to do that a lot. I want to...
  • BeeSummerApril

AnyOne up for a time line roll call ?

So Kittytwists idea for roll call was so effective i want to try another one.Bee again heres what prompted me to try this . I was wondering  if I'm an alter and not the core why do I have so many memories I remember things back to when I was 2 years old. I have been looking for gaps but it's hard I'm bad  with Years so I have tried to find memories from each year of school I've found memories...
  • Amberwindow

Sorry...got a lot to talk about today...

Test results in book The Stranger In The Mirror:Severe Amnesia Moderate DepersonalizationModerate DerealizationSevere Identity ConfusionModerate Identity Alteration
  • Amberwindow

Doctor had to cancel with us: crisis of conflict

We at least get in to see our counselor we really like who is leaving at the end of September again tomorrow. We lost sleep worrying about talking to doctor. Silly isn't it? She is with same agency as counselor and has notes from counselor. Our counselor says we def. Have D.I.D. but we've yet to hear the doctor's stance. We were working up our courage to talk to her about it and I awoke in the...
  • Amberwindow

Journals

Just read some private journal entries...my heart hurts. -Lynn-
  • Amberwindow

Made a Funny

Joking with a friend the other day on facebook....she had posted a saying, "If something happened to me and I forgot about you what would you tell me to help me jog my memory of you?" I sent her a private message and said...."ohhhh I could have so much fun with you on this one....." I am so forgetful myself....I would be like "ohhhh a new friend!" And we both have brand new friends. I didn't post...