Multiple Personalities Support Group

Dissociative identity disorder is a diagnosis described as the existence in an individual of two or more distinct identities or personalities, each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment. At least two of these personalities are considered to routinely take control of the individual's behavior, and there is also some associated memory loss, which is beyond normal forgetfulness. This memory loss is often referred to as "losing time". These symptoms must occur independently of substance abuse or a general medical condition. Dissociative identity disorder was initially named multiple personality disorder, and, as referenced above, that name remains in the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and...

0 Online
0 Online
  • This is my first post. I have made an account my parents cannot track me on so I can find answers. They do not know I have it.Where do I begin. When my body was about 3 the first personality was formed. It stayed in control until the age of 15 when without knowing it, lost control of the body and I became the main personality. I have no idea how I formed. I have access to every memory of his and...
  • My boyfriend and I have been together two years now, but it was only recently that I had any direct contact with his alters -or "voices" he calls them.At first it was just general things, talking, getting to know them as one by one all five showed themselves. But about a month ago things got much more serious when a voice with a history for being violent came out, and to our surprise, actually...
  • Hi, everybody. I am new to this board and I hope my post doesn't offend anyone. I do not have DID, but I have a parent who does. This has been a source of conflict in our relationship because they refuse to seek treatment, and they are both an alcoholic and a drug addict (depending on which alter they are though sometimes it's both). I have always just "dealt with it" which included my...
  • mega54

Confused

I am here. There are a few new posts. If I click on old posts, the computer takes me to the profile of the person who wrote the postand even says that they are my friend, but they are not on my friends list. I think they have not "re-joined" DS. It makes me feel sad. As multiples, we must choose when and where we reveal ourselves because others do not understand. I very much would like...
  • I think I(we) am struggling because collectively we do not express negative emotions (probably for a variety of reason: It is not nice, It might be dangerous, It is scary....). If something is annoying or causes anger, the signal is given to not express it. If the event deserves anger, after thought, aggression can be expressed. There is no way to act assertively, which would usually be a better...
  • i'm switching like crazy. My memory is shot. This whole weekend is gone. I finally got grounded by the loud fireworks. Which are freaking me out. George came out. He is the bad guy inside. He wants to hurt me. I'm so scared. My little 4 yr old Rayleigh has been out too. She drew me a picture I just found. I'm scared guys. I don't know what else to do? I'm thinking bad things.
  • darkside2276

New here

Hello I'm new here - wanted to say hello.
  • sunnybrunette

Am so sad today

My multiple personalities fucked over my energy systems. Can anyone feel their sacral chakra or the one right at the breast bonethe solar plexus? my earsthe energy going through my ears. And my third eye. And my crown chakra!!They truly hated me. They were so careless of my body and energy system when they were in control of it. I hate them so much. Has anyone been abused by the...
  • indistinct

So many questions!

Still trying to wrap my head around everything. I'm alone in this and have no one to talk to or ask questions, so I'm hoping someone will be willing to talk about some of my biggest questions. I apologize if I don't know all the correct terminology, but here goes...Can trying to live with chronic pain cause dissociation, or would it just be a trigger? In pain management, they teach you to...
  • FickleFairy

public awareness

I have a public persona every where i go. My husband says it's because i look inward for the answers, and that's a strength of leadership that gets me noticed, so people trust me to lead. Since I am naturally a public person, and i have D.i.d. or something in the family of D.i.d., i have to ask myself, how much will i reveal to the world? I think what it comes down to, is, I have to wait till i...
  • didina

Anyone around

I haven't been on DS in ages but I wanted to poke around and see if people are still around and using this page?I know that I could sure use a place of understanding and a place to be free to talk about things that scare most people
  • I am upset and I was wondering how I can effectively "deal with it." I am a sensative person and my emotions annoy, wkrry, or bother me because they can change quickly or slowly. I'm tired of feeling so much.....another thing I am irritated by.
  • FickleFairy

dropping hobbys

I think it's really hard on my friends and family when i'm doing one hobby and then drop it like it never existed, because i'm soo good at it. They don't understand why I would just stop, and I don't know how to explain to them why i'm not always "in the mood" to do such-and -such- activity.How can we make our friends or co-workers understand, we will come back to it, in time....and it's not the...
  • Hi. I'm have recently been diagnosed with DID and feel completely out of control of my own body. I'm constantly switching and need some help learning how to organize my system and communicate with each part. Any tips on how to begin or what helped you would be greatly appreciated.
  • I wanted to start this not only to get out years of frustration but hey mabey will help other people and mabey I'll share it with my t if I think it will help hmmm anyways...1) if you educate or talk to the survivor about there alters there going to keep splitting... In reality what this does is depending how much the patient has awareness it causes frusteration. There seeking answered there...