Meniere's Disease Support Group
Meniere's disease is a balance disorder of the inner ear. The symptoms of Meniere's are variable; not all sufferers experience the same symptoms. However, "classic Meniere's" is considered to comprise the following four symptoms: Periodic episodes of rotary vertigo, hearing loss, tinnitus, and a sensation of fullness or pressure in one or both ears.
Diane6222013
Bottom line is Steve's doctor's have told us...there is nothing more we can do for the MD or the IH- Intracranial Hypertension (high spinal fluid pressure) and migraines.
I am watching him get progressively worse. Just have to wait for better weather...and hope that this mid October to mid February he will have a break from DM like he did last year. He still has to deal with IH but it is more tolerable since the VP Shunt was put in his head to help drain the spinal fluid.
Also just read a post about potassium...this is the first time I am hearing about potassium for MD. Steve was on Triamterene-HCTZ when he was first diagnosed seven years ago. Then they tried a much higher dose to see if it helped with the pressure spinal fluid pressure as well as MD. BAD REACTIONS. So we didn't go above the low dose. Then we got to thinking, "What if the med was giving him some sort of pressure problems at the low dose". So we took him off of it. It did lower the pressure. Made no difference in the MD. So my question: is there a need for increased potassium with MD???? Steve was drinking ice tea to help as a diuretic. He is more bothered by the weather.
.
I am watching him get progressively worse. Just have to wait for better weather...and hope that this mid October to mid February he will have a break from DM like he did last year. He still has to deal with IH but it is more tolerable since the VP Shunt was put in his head to help drain the spinal fluid.
Also just read a post about potassium...this is the first time I am hearing about potassium for MD. Steve was on Triamterene-HCTZ when he was first diagnosed seven years ago. Then they tried a much higher dose to see if it helped with the pressure spinal fluid pressure as well as MD. BAD REACTIONS. So we didn't go above the low dose. Then we got to thinking, "What if the med was giving him some sort of pressure problems at the low dose". So we took him off of it. It did lower the pressure. Made no difference in the MD. So my question: is there a need for increased potassium with MD???? Steve was drinking ice tea to help as a diuretic. He is more bothered by the weather.
.
deleted_user
I do pray and hope things get better soon.. Good luck
Diane6222013
KJT I have a feeling that you will appreciate what I have to share. This morning I was trying to get my focus straight over things and the word HOPE and Trust were the two main words in overcoming the helpless feeling I was experiencing. Have to stay in the moment. thanks for you reply. It was a blessing.
Olliedog
Thank you for sharing and very sorry to hear about your struggle. I prayer for you and your family to find a inner peace. Thuong
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...