Lupus Support Group
Lupus is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system cannot distinguish between threats (like viruses and bacteria), and healthy cells and tissue. As a result, the body produces antibodies that inflict cell damage, most commonly targeting joints, skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Join the group and find support for coping with lupus.
jillg325
I'm new here and have found your discussions very helpful. Thank you. I am currently diagnosed with MCTD and raynauds, but bloodwork and symptoms seem to be heading toward lupus. I was wondering about rashes and lupus. Do any of you have rashes that are not sun-related? I'm waiting on a skin biopsy of a rash that I have been battling for about 6 months, but it isn't sun-related. It started on my hands, but I currently have it primarily on my forearms and just above my knees. It starts out raised and pink, but fades to flat and purple. It usually does not itch. Does this sound like anything any of you have experienced?
It has been over ten years that I have been dealing with different AI symptoms, and the diagnosis process is so incredibly frustrating. I appreciate any insight you might have.
Thanks.
It has been over ten years that I have been dealing with different AI symptoms, and the diagnosis process is so incredibly frustrating. I appreciate any insight you might have.
Thanks.
jillg325
Thanks for the reply. They've just diagnosed my rash as vasculitis. I've heard vasculitis is common with many autoimmune diseases, so I guess it makes sense with my MCTD.
StephH77
I was just about to post because I had a weird rash on my knee/leg and chest after a shower. Lasted about half an hour. Not itchy, just red and blotchy. Was wondering if it could be related to my other symptoms. @hellodian- are you diagnosed with Lupus? I am not yet but these new rashes are not encouraging. Thanks.
deleted_user
I used to only get a rash on my arms after sun exposure. The last year or so the rash is just 'there' even if I'm not outside. I also developed (about 2 years ago) a rash on my thighs that started out pink and turned purple. My skin is still discolored even after the rash faded. I argued with the surgeon just before I had a hernia repaired because he insisted it was shingles. Turns out it was 'probably' vasculitis, though my doctors have been wrong about most of my problems for 10 years.
deleted_user
I have rashes on my upper arms that never go away, splotchy reddish purple, doesn't itch, it gets hot when I'm feeling especially bad. Also get red on my chest arms and face after showers.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...