Lactose Intolerance Support Group

Lactose intolerance is the condition in which lactase, an enzyme needed for proper metabolization of lactose (a constituent of milk and other dairy products), is not produced in adulthood. A hydrogen breath test is required for a clinical diagnosis. With lactose intolerance, the result of consuming lactose or a lactose-containing food is excess gas production and often diarrhea.

0 Online

Lactaid Milk

Does anyone know if Lactaid brand milk is the same as store brand lactose free?

Replies

GiveMeStrength2LetGo
GiveMeStrength2LetGo

I don't know but I would compare the the ingredients listed on the cartons. My guess is they are the same. We often pay higher prices for name brands, when the store brand is the exact same thing, due to name brands advertising cost company $$$.

My body will tolerate Greek yogurt. I buy store brand. I check package to make sure there is no added geletin, live cultures and avoid flavored types.
cmichal
cmichal

There are vegan soy cheeses available, maybe you can find addresses of vegan stores in your area via an on line search, or even look up phone numbers of health food stores in your area and call them to ask about such products if they carry them. Vegan means the food in question doesn't have any meat or milk products or by products in it. Hope this helps. Corinna
bmwilliamson
bmwilliamson

This comment is kind of late but I've tried Lactaid milk and it still made me bloated along with cramps. I know everyone is different and dairy has different reactions with people but I did find that Silk milk did not bother me despite it being expensive as hell.
zanypiano
zanypiano

I cant tolerate Lactaid milk- the only milk I can drink is Rice Milk- good on cereal and to cook with- also no yogurt, no butter. Lactaid pills work okay for a small meal with cheese- but not always- sort of hit and miss. Lactose intolerance must be genetic because this happened to my sister ( only 13 months apart) and I at the same age.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • aj123

Lactose intolerance

I have just started on a lactose free diet and am looking for healthy( and not too expensive) recipes. Can anyone help? 
  • Pain13

Confidence with acne.

How can you possibly gain cofidence when your face is ridden with acne and acne scars? It's the never ending loop of Stress'ne.. Stress leads to acne, which leads to stress and so on and so forth... Anyone with past experience? Thanks in advance...