Insomnia Support Group
Insomnia is a symptom, rather than a disease, and is characterized by inadequate quantity or quality of sleep. People with insomnia complain of difficulty falling or staying asleep, which results in significant impairment of daytime functioning. Insomnia is categorized as transient (shorter than one week), short-term (one to three weeks) or chronic (longer than three...
whocoolkid
Hello folks.
Been a while since I've been here. I got my sleep pattern down and have been good for a while. Long story short, I got a new job that requires me to work night shift. I thought I would adjust fairly easily. Wrong!
I had a panic attack yesterday when I got home from work while going to bed. Had a heck of time falling asleep. I had to use my old method of laying on the couch with the TV on to fall asleep. Here I am today tired as heck but scared about not being able to sleep. I was doing so good before. I won't be able to change my position for 6 months to a year, but I also don't want to leave this company because they treat you awesome and pay really well.
Just venting my friends. Thanks for listening.
Been a while since I've been here. I got my sleep pattern down and have been good for a while. Long story short, I got a new job that requires me to work night shift. I thought I would adjust fairly easily. Wrong!
I had a panic attack yesterday when I got home from work while going to bed. Had a heck of time falling asleep. I had to use my old method of laying on the couch with the TV on to fall asleep. Here I am today tired as heck but scared about not being able to sleep. I was doing so good before. I won't be able to change my position for 6 months to a year, but I also don't want to leave this company because they treat you awesome and pay really well.
Just venting my friends. Thanks for listening.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
I so exhausted from pain in my back that started Sunday but was mild and almost gone till I took bath that night and think I twisted or did something to take it to excruciating...I am away for work in a different state so traveled Monday and worked today then called my boss to fyi her about fact I am falling apart and walking like elderly person! I did telemed and they called in prednisone and...
-
Can't wait to burn my pumpkin spice candle! National Coffee Day is coming up on the 29th so I hope to score up on a free coffee.

so you say you got your sleep pattern sorted before how did you manage that and the change in your shifts will be difficult to adjust to at first but you may well get there with perseverence, I would have a chat with the manager to see what they suggest but i wouldnt feel embarrased by it because it is a problem for some people, hopefully they will be understanding , good luck
Because our minds and bodies have evolved to be active during the day and asleep at night, shift work can throw a monkey wrench into our natural circadian rhythm that to a large extent controls sleep.
There are some things you can do to help yourself. One is to try to establish a regular sleep-wake pattern as soon as possible for your shift.
Try to sleep in a very dark bedroom if possible. A couple of hours before bed, draw the blinds to darken down your living space as much as possible. Upon arising, immediately expose yourself to bright light, preferably daylight. These kinds of things help regulate your circadian rhythm.
Good luck.
Thanks for all the help and support guys!