Infertility Support Group
In vitro fertilization is one of the most common and utilized ways of treating conception problems. This support group is dedicated to those beginning their journey with IVF and needing support. Join the community and share your experiences, advice, and story with people going through similar challenges starting a family.
LoMac
Ok so I need some feedback, Ill try and be concise but its tricky.
So here are my options after RE visit
I have Endo which is acting up and fluid in one tube, far form uterus but still there, so
A cycle of Lupron, has pretty much been decided, Ive been on it before and it worked to quiet and shrink everything down so Im ok with that.
Dealing with the hydro is where it gets tricky
Normally its done with Laparoscopy, had one of those before too wasnt I recovered pretty well and quickly, BUT where my Endo is so very bad theres the potential for them not to be able to get to the tube enough to clamp off therefore it may turn mid-game to a Laparotomy which is invasive major surgery, so I could go in for day surgery and end up have a 3 day stay.
There also an option of doing an experimental procedure to deal with Hydro. The procedure itself is a prove form of birth control but its technically still in clinically study for the treatment of Hydro. It going in virginally and cauterizing the tube closed. Theres some controversy as to how well this works, how well it closes and how long it last. Again with me there additional concern, because the Endo is so bad, its changed my anatomy, where things are in a normal woman do not necessarily hold true for me. So theyll be a bit blind and run the risk of the heat of the cauterization going though to the bowel.
Im on the Lap side, DH on the other. Basically he hates the idea of his wife being cut open and the pain and recovery involved. Im concerned about the anatomy issues with that and am feeling like the more conservative way if the Lap where they have more control. Im also thinking that maybe with a full round of Lupron prior to anything that its going to shrink down the endo adhesions there by making the ability to get in Laparoscopically easier. I called my Ins Co to see if the caut would be covered and it would be. Ive called and made an appointment with my GYN, shes the one who did my Lap 5 years ago and therefore the only one whos been in there to truly have a feeling on the terrain and Im hoping shell be able to give me some advice as to how concerned I should be about the bowel location is we went with the caut. Theres also the I dont believe my RE has actually done one of these procedures, although shes confident it should be on problem but concerned about the bowel. The lap shes an expert in.
Any input is appreciated, Im not liking this whole case study Ive become, Im trying to be a well educated patient but that only gets you so far
So here are my options after RE visit
I have Endo which is acting up and fluid in one tube, far form uterus but still there, so
A cycle of Lupron, has pretty much been decided, Ive been on it before and it worked to quiet and shrink everything down so Im ok with that.
Dealing with the hydro is where it gets tricky
Normally its done with Laparoscopy, had one of those before too wasnt I recovered pretty well and quickly, BUT where my Endo is so very bad theres the potential for them not to be able to get to the tube enough to clamp off therefore it may turn mid-game to a Laparotomy which is invasive major surgery, so I could go in for day surgery and end up have a 3 day stay.
There also an option of doing an experimental procedure to deal with Hydro. The procedure itself is a prove form of birth control but its technically still in clinically study for the treatment of Hydro. It going in virginally and cauterizing the tube closed. Theres some controversy as to how well this works, how well it closes and how long it last. Again with me there additional concern, because the Endo is so bad, its changed my anatomy, where things are in a normal woman do not necessarily hold true for me. So theyll be a bit blind and run the risk of the heat of the cauterization going though to the bowel.
Im on the Lap side, DH on the other. Basically he hates the idea of his wife being cut open and the pain and recovery involved. Im concerned about the anatomy issues with that and am feeling like the more conservative way if the Lap where they have more control. Im also thinking that maybe with a full round of Lupron prior to anything that its going to shrink down the endo adhesions there by making the ability to get in Laparoscopically easier. I called my Ins Co to see if the caut would be covered and it would be. Ive called and made an appointment with my GYN, shes the one who did my Lap 5 years ago and therefore the only one whos been in there to truly have a feeling on the terrain and Im hoping shell be able to give me some advice as to how concerned I should be about the bowel location is we went with the caut. Theres also the I dont believe my RE has actually done one of these procedures, although shes confident it should be on problem but concerned about the bowel. The lap shes an expert in.
Any input is appreciated, Im not liking this whole case study Ive become, Im trying to be a well educated patient but that only gets you so far
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
I just don't want you to be shocked if the report comes back that it's gotten a lot worse. Then again, if you've not be doing a lot of treatments, your estrogen levels will have been lower and you may not be that much worse.
Luckily I've been through the Lap before even the months of Lupron, it ain't a walk in the park but..
Jenna I know what youre saying, its shot in the dark, but getting her thoughts and opinions I'm hoping will help me decide, ya know, things change and have drastically for me, I'm just so torn. The first time around I was in so much pain and it was such a mess, after treatment for years I went pain free and of the most part you wouldn't have even known I had endo, so I'm hoping I'll have similar results this time to the Lupron.
Again thank you for your input, the open exchange and dialogue is so helpful, but then your ladies know that!