Infertility Support Group

In vitro fertilization is one of the most common and utilized ways of treating conception problems. This support group is dedicated to those beginning their journey with IVF and needing support. Join the community and share your experiences, advice, and story with people going through similar challenges starting a family.

0 Online
  • brightlight

New - Feeling alone with my infertility journey.

Hi All,Today has been a hard day. I have not talked to anyone other than my supportive family, husband, and DR regarding my infertility. My girl friends seem to be freaked out by my infertility and don't ask me how I'm doing or talk to me. I have now hit my wall with feeling alone (not speaking with anyone else going through infertility). So doing a google search I landed here. My Story- I'm 29...
  • hope114

DHEA or Progesterone Causing Cystic Acne?

Hello, fellow TTC'ers. Are any of you experiencing cystic acne while undergoing IVF/IUI? It started for me last month. Have not had cystic acne since I was a teen. 38 now. They are painful and I am also getting bumpy skin around my neck and all over my back. I am very clean and wash daily and keep my face clean. Have been taking micronized DHEA 25mg 3x per day since early February. Additionally,...
  • mcsheff

High FSH

Hello,I'm new to this but not new to infertility. I have been going through fertility treatments since 2015. 2 failed IVF cycles, 3 surgeries, high FSH of 33. I have recently decided to switch Hospitals and Doctors and we will see what they come up with. Does anyone in here have high FSH and can give me HOPE. I seem to live off of that word lately. I never thought I would be in this situation. It...
  • nexttime

Feeling Guilty About Not Producing a Child

Anyone have hints on how to deal with the guilt? My husband is incredibly supportive and our family tries but every failed cycle I become very depressed knowing I'm the reason he doesn't have kids. I'm the reason my grandparents don't have great grandkids. No matter how nice they are about it, at the end of the day it's my body that is causing problems. I find myself thinking that my husband and...
  • mrsmooney826

Menstrual Cycle after Retrieval

Hi All!  How long did you take you to get your cycle after egg retrieval?  The clock starts for my FET once I get my cycle and get on meds... so I am wondering how long it took most people. Some have told me as few as 4 days... or as long as 16. Just curious! Thanks! 
  • mgk

I'm new here..

I'm hoping that getting this out will help somewhat; I've been ttc for over 3 years and haven't found a community of support beyond my husband/immediate family. Maybe someone here has been through something like this? Backstory: We found out my husband had very low morphology (0-1%) late 2014 and opted to try IUIs before jumping into IVF. We kept putting it off because I was young (27 then) and...
  • MrsO.

Coping with my emotions

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3.5 years and over that time, I feel like I've been though every imaginable emotion, and some I couldn't have imagined.We had a failed frozen transfer in February and the clinic wants me to have three cycles before the next. Since then, I've been really struggling with anger and I don't know what to do anymore.I'm angry that I'm just waiting. I...
  • EBart1003

The two week wait...

As if enduring this two week wait isn't hard enough, my sister found out the gender of her baby, a girl. She told us at dinner with my dad, so of course I had to put a smile on my face and hold it together. Once we got home, it hit me and I cried and cried and cried. Not only did she have the first grandchild, she now has the first granddaughter. This is particularly hard on my husband because...
  • ellea

Has anyone decided to stop trying to get pregnant?

Has anyone come to the realization that pregnancy is not going to happen?  I need people to talk to who are in that situation.  I got married when I was 41 and tried and tried until I was about 45, miscarriages and failed IUI's and IVF's.  Every says "adopt!" but we just don't feel that in our hearts at this time.  If we do decide that we have to be childless (although NOT our choice really)...
  • KJMK

Thank you

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2.5 years. Two days ago we learned it isn't in the cards for us. I haven't stopped crying for two days. I'm so angry. Despite that, finding this group helps. Reading your stories and just knowing I'm not the only one in this struggle, even though it feels like it, is a comfort. So thank you. Thank you for sharing your stories.
  • Shavona7l7p

IVF in Mexico

Hello,I'm new on here but have been trying to conceive for 2 years. One year on our own the next year with 3 failed IUI'S. Now ready to move forward with IVF. However the cost is outrageous, so we started looking into IVF in Tijuana (30 miles from my home in San Diego). Turns out two cycles there is cheaper than one cycle at all the clinics we were looking at in California.So we decided to get...
  • ARS

So frustrated

i just had an HSG test done on Friday. I have been trying for 1 year with my husband. My meth addicted brother and girlfriend just had a baby girl and that is very heart breaking for my husband and I. She used for 7 months of her pregnancy. My other brother did IVF when his wife had endometriosis and my other brother adopted. I am just wanting to give up at this point!! 
  • ABF

Failed IVF

I'm 32 years old and I have had reproductive issues since I was about 18-19 years old. Endometriosis, countless ovarian cysts, and eventually left ovarian rupture...so now I only have part of my right ovary. Through all of this, I have had multiple surgeries, creating scar tissue, which led to my ONLY Fallopian tube becoming completely occluded. Long story short, my OBGYN told me that my only...
  • sadgirl1724

Feeling defeated and exhausted.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 16 months, we did get pregnant 2 years ago but lost her. I have never experienced grief like that (and I lost my mother a few years ago so I am familiar with death/loss), I am still living through the loss everyday. Everyone at that time told me to be strong and I'll be pregnant before I know it because I am so healthy, young, etc. (I was 31 at...
  • LabFairy84

I'm afraid to feel happy or hopeful.

I don't let myself be happy or excited about anything any more.  I got good news about how my cycle is going and won't let myself feel good about it.  I feel like being happy, excited or hopeful only leads to worse disappointment.  I feel like if I'm already down the bad news won't feel so bad.  The ups and downs are what will do me in with this.