Infertility Support Group
In vitro fertilization is one of the most common and utilized ways of treating conception problems. This support group is dedicated to those beginning their journey with IVF and needing support. Join the community and share your experiences, advice, and story with people going through similar challenges starting a family.
JmeP
Hello ladies...do any of you have any experience with a day 6 ET? Mine was supposed to be tody (5 day) and they wanted to wait 1 more day because there was only 1 blast, not very good quality, 1 good quality cavitating morula and 6 very good morulas. He said he wanted to give these good ones 1 more day to develop to see which would be the best to transfer. I'm a little nervous, I didn't even know they did this. He said they rarely do it except in cases like this. Do any of you know if this makes any difference weather its 5 days or 6 days? Are my chances worse or better?
deleted_user
I just had my IVF consult with my RE, and he said occasionally they do wait until day 6 if they want to give the embies one more day. Basically he said to look at it this way....those embies that survive into day 5 or 6 are obviously the stronger ones so they have the better chance of surviving once they transfer them to you as opposed to day 3. It makes sense, survival of the fittest right? Good luck to you, lots of sticky baby dust!!!
deleted_user
I had my transfer on day 3, but I would trust the dr. Good luck and lots of sticky baby dust.
deleted_user
I agree, I would trust the doctor. I have heard that one day can be better for them. The better the embies, the better your chances right.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...