Hypochondria Support Group
Hypochondria refers to excessive worry about having a serious illness. Hypochondria is often characterized by fears that minor bodily symptoms may indicate a serious illness, constant self-examination and self-diagnosis, and a preoccupation with one's body. Many individuals with hypochondriasis express doubt and disbelief in the doctors' diagnosis.
MorningSadness00
I'm terrified i am having a stroke. I am only 22 years old. The reasons why i am terrified of having is a stroke is because, I have numbness on the left side of my face, my tongue feels numb, my jaw feels numb on both sides, and it hurts, and both of my hands feel numb and my fingers on both hands.. and im freaking out about this.
It's been going on for a little over 3 days.
My bottom jaw feels really weak, i feel like when i talk i am not talking right and when i sing or anything like that i can really feel the weakness in my jaw. I am also getting random twitches and numbness everywhere that are freaking me out.
My therapist told me that if i can put my arms up in the air with no problems, if i can smile, and if i can stick out my tongue i am not having a stroke, and i can do all those things perfectly fine. But i am still terrified i am having a stroke. I keep doing those things to test myself to just to make sure i can do them, and its driving me nuts.
I went to the ER a few weeks ago because i was afraid of having a stroke, I was seeing flashing lights and couldn't form words rights, and they wouldn't do a CT scan on me because i had one done in May of this year for the same thing and nothing was wrong with my brain.
I'm loosing my mind. Am i going to have a stroke and die? I am so terrified. I can not sleep because i am so scared..I really hope i am not having a stroke. I hope there is nothing wrong with me. I am so scared right now.
It's been going on for a little over 3 days.
My bottom jaw feels really weak, i feel like when i talk i am not talking right and when i sing or anything like that i can really feel the weakness in my jaw. I am also getting random twitches and numbness everywhere that are freaking me out.
My therapist told me that if i can put my arms up in the air with no problems, if i can smile, and if i can stick out my tongue i am not having a stroke, and i can do all those things perfectly fine. But i am still terrified i am having a stroke. I keep doing those things to test myself to just to make sure i can do them, and its driving me nuts.
I went to the ER a few weeks ago because i was afraid of having a stroke, I was seeing flashing lights and couldn't form words rights, and they wouldn't do a CT scan on me because i had one done in May of this year for the same thing and nothing was wrong with my brain.
I'm loosing my mind. Am i going to have a stroke and die? I am so terrified. I can not sleep because i am so scared..I really hope i am not having a stroke. I hope there is nothing wrong with me. I am so scared right now.
deleted_user
My brother had the exact same symptoms. There was NOTHING wrong with him and eventually it just went away. His Dr said sometimes that just happens to people. It's probably just a nerve thing. The not talking right is probably in your head. If you can do all those things your therapist said then you are fine :) if your symptoms continue make an appt with your Dr. next week. Watch something funny, have a snack, and go to sleep. Things always look better in the morning.
deleted_user
Have you ever seen anyone for TMJ? TMJ can cause jaw pain, facial pain/tingling, and numbness in fingers...I've had all of those symptoms and I got a mouth guard from my orthodontist and it all went away.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...