Homelessness Support Group

Homelessness refers to the condition and societal category of people who lack fixed housing, specifically a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. The definition also includes a person who has a primary nighttime residence that is in transitional housing or a person who spends most nights in a supervised public or private facility.

0 Online
  • Superdad_29

Need Advice

Hello, My name is austin. I am 27 years old. I'm not really sure why I am here. I guess I just need to vent. I've always been so strong and indipendent. I never thought I would be in the position I am in. I have a beautiful wife and 3 beautiful children. I work hard for a living. Last year I designed homes from water damage with hurricane matthew so my company could save victims money by drying...
  • deleted_user

Breaking the cycle of poverty

How would you break this cycle? In your own life, your family and friends lives and your community?I feel like I am surrounded by people who are negative and don't believe anything is possible. But aside for positive thinking and being around positive people.What actions can one take to break out of this cycle?
  • WildBird

Life can be good ...

Been homeless a long time. Lost count after twenty years. I tried to get it together several times, even went to a community college, but always ended up back out under the stars. At first I stayed in the cities but now I stay alone out in the country side. I find it much more peaceful and NO I don't drink or use drugs. Fifty eight years old trying to hang on until sixty two. Hope to get some SS...
  • TwilightStar

Just became homeless in Denver.

Well its happening to me.I was supposed to be staying with a friend in this new city but then she decided she "wanted her space" and now were not even talking. She was the only one I knew here.This sucks!!I dont know where to begin. Always carrying everything around. I have some things in storage but now I think the place I was storing them at lost them. Feeling threatened everywhere. Even the...
  • Justitia

Homeless again TW

I'm homeless again, but at least I am settled in a shelter. I was kicked out (but not really kicked out) after a few days at the other shelter for a personal reason. It really didn't make sense and they said I had too much trauma (they knew about it previously). Anyway, they caused me hell for the few days I was there. There were too many conflict of interests and confidentiality issues and it...
  • SoCalCFS

Just joined

Hi I joined today after looking for a support group for chronic fatigue syndrome, which I suffer with. I saw this group and joined because of my illness I've been homeless for more than two years (most of the time I live in a tent). So I am reaching out to see what kind of support is here
  • Nightmist

How to rebuild when you have lost everything?

Thinking back I couldn't tell you how long it has been since I had my own apartment.  Maybe even as far back as 2008, when I lived back east - although I have rented rooms since then, I can't recall having actually had a place that is mine, completely mine, an actual standalone apartment with nobody sharing bathrooms and that sort of thing, since then.  Though I have had some decent roommates,...
  • deleted_user

Homelessness Support Group

Delrae checking in
  • Adimmedglo

I guess im going to a shelter?

I havd been "indoor" homeless for 5 years, maybe longer. I lost my apartment after i lost my job, had to take whatever housing was given. Faced abuse, loss of property and now my current place im staying the person wants me out and i hate him but i have no place to go. He tried to tell me to move on the 4th of july after i paid the pg&e bill. I told him he is legally required to give me 30 days...
  • scoobydoobydoo

Invisible Homeless

Hi, just joined this group and have to say after reading some of the posts, not sure if I belong. I am not without a roof over my head - I am crashing on my brother's couch. However things are not looking good in this new town and though I know my brother would never throw me out with nowhere to go, I can't see staying here with him rent-free forever. I am not naive and hold no romantic...
  • emilyam

I'm so scared of being homeless :'(

I'm so so scared of being homeless :'(I'm really dependent on other people...I'm so scared...
  • Beaumont

Best And Worst Cities For Us

What are the best and worst cities to be homeless in, especially for someone who might be considering moving to another city?
  • deleted_user

I could use another Homeless to talk too

okay long story shortIm 21 Pacifist, Taoist, Vow of Non-violenceI ran away at 1617-19 I had a home with my best friendthe rest has been couch hopping, car living, and abandoned buildingsi could use sumone to talk too
  • deleted_user

Injured- and no one cares.

I Fractured my lower back , Lost my job and room. With no money . Borrowing to pay my car insurance and gas just to stay warm is wearing thin. Everywhere ive gone expect me to just work. well I cant at this time. I have DDD,Fractured back and as a nurse assistant I am not able to do my job. No one cares. My so called family really dont or cant help . I am an orphan. with no friends or family.
  • deleted_user

you can survive it............

I won''t go into my life story or hwo it happened, that would take too long. But I was homeless, living out of my car for a month, then in a shelter for six months. It was awful.I think one of the most basic human fears is ending up homeless. But I am just here to say that you can survive it. I am a Christian and pray alot, talk to God and that helps. While living out of my car, a Cristion...