HIV Support Group
HIV (also known as human immunodeficiency virus, and formerly known as HTLV-III and lymphadenopathy-associated virus) is a retrovirus that primarily infects vital components of the human immune system which can lead the syndrome known as AIDS. Many of the problems faced by people infected with HIV result from failure of the immune system to protect from opportunistic...
boyBlu
how's dating going for everybody?
mark1424
It's a challenge bro, but not at all impossible. People today are much more informed than the 80's. Almost everyone is dealing w/ something. Our only hurdle today is fear of transmission. It's kind of a shallow frame of mind & soul, but it's Fear. Friendships do grow to the next level, but choose wisely disclosing. My late Wife was my Best Friend for about a year, it was a no brain er for me. You do have to understand the intensity of Fear. Think of when you found out. That's what many are afraid of, that same feeling. It's very real, & intense. Some will run, some not. There's more pos/neg relationships after the fact than you realize. Herpes Virus is spreading much more than HIV. Those people have to deal the same way we do. Not to mention other std's & there's also Psychiatric clouds that have people feeling the same way too. It's reachable, patience bro, fall down 4 times, get up 5 times.
deleted_user
I have multiple friends who are in pos and neg relationships. Some who have been together for almost 20 years, some 5 or more. I don't think dating is impossible. There has been a lot more education offered to the public overall, which does help. I would say keep trying, even though I recently found out one of the things I have not changed n my profile is in search of Friends. Friends are important to anyone and as that relationship grows you can disclose because chances are you will have the persons support. Granted some will run. However, I have many friends who are HIV positive and the relationships always started this way. I think that just being consistent is the key for anyone. Of course if the relationship goes to that level then of course keeping in mind safety is important. Hope that this will help some. Have a great afternoon.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...