Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support Group

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh) is rare, long-term skin condition that features small, painful lumps under the skin. The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, sometimes as large as baseballs, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal.

0 Online

Please Read. May help you as well

Hi everyone, fairly new to the support group but this is my first time posting. I have had HS for about five years but was diagnosed about two years ago. My HS pretty much turned my life upside down a year ago, it got so bad that I had to stop working. The reason I decided to post was in hopes of helping someone else. After making some changes a few months ago I have not been in any pain which we all know is one of the hardest things to deal with this condition. I had became aggressive in getting this undercontrol after it started to appear in my private area and on my buttocks. It is by no means completely gone away but the areas that had tangerine size boils are now just pimple sized bumps. And so much better. So here's what I did:
1. I completely removed sugar from my diet no fruit or anything. I took about a month to see results but now Im very pleased. I have not reintroduced sugar back into my diet yet or I do not eat sugar free products. Also I only drink water. No alcohol and no spicy foods. My reason for removing sugar was a post a website(cant remember which one). This lady said her father suffered from boils and eliminated sugar and no longer had them. So with nothing to loose I tried and soooo glad I did.
2. Cream of Tartar its in the spice section a white powdery spice I brought it a walmart. First day take a teaspoon every eight hours in a glass of water. Then after that just take a teaspoon a day with water. I usually take on a empty stomach first thing in the morning. Its bitter tasting but after a while you get use to it.
3. Germ X i put it on my body where the boils use to be. When I notice an area starting to hurt I apply it on a cotton pad and tape it there. I will say this I have tried everything to bust boils fast from campho phenique, hot towels, to name a few. The germ x doesnt aggravate the boils and make them bigger like most ointments do. It pops the boils in one day.
4.Acidophilus is a probiotic. I take about 4 capsules a day. The strength I brought were 2 billion live cultures a day.
5.I wash all my clothes in hot water and changed my detergent to All Free and Clean with oxy clean.
6.I spray the shower with Lysol after each shower.
7. My HS has always been worse under my arms so now I use Sure unscented spray on deodarant.
I know everything doesnt work for everyone but just thought I would share because of the success I have had with these changes. With me not being in pain anymore or no longer having inflammation anywhere is well worth it. I had five boils on my bottom and private area they are no longer there. My underarms with was inflamed for about two years have no inflammation. It was so bad that my surgeon refused to do sugery(i was supposed to get my sweat glands removed, but i didnt). Just hoping I could help at least one person thats why I posted. But anyway thanks for reading. If anyone has questions please feel free to ask.

Replies

antine
antine

Thanks for posting. It's always good to know what helped others. I agree that nothing everything works for another person the same but we can incorporate your suggestions in our own regimes. I did have a question. When you mentioned "Germ X", do you mean the hand sanitizer? I just wanted to be sure. I think I should try your suggestion of removing sugar from my diet. I don't "feel" like I eat much sugar but I'm sure it's in there and it's not too hard to do.

I read about cream of tartar and in case you hadn't heard this before, here's a connection to Lance Armstrong's website: http://www.livestrong.com/article/269198-side-effects-of-consuming-cream-of-tartar/

Some of us that use medication for blood pressure, etc. have to be more careful about using herbal remedies. So glad it's helping you. And I'm sure you're helping others with your info.
sweetie11
sweetie11

Hi, yes I'm referring to the hand sanitizer. I have liked it better than anything else I have used to get boils to bust. Thanks for responding.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Also try Hibiclens. It's an antimicrobial scrub used before surgeries. My surgeon gave it to me and now i buy it all the time and use it as a body wash. It kills any bacteria for 12 hrs. allowing sore areas to be free from germs in a healthy environment free from toxins like alcohol and acids often found in harsh scrubs.
deleted_user
deleted_user

THanks for your personal experience! I've tried some of this stuff. I take digestive enzymes....about 6 capsules right before every meal. It helps break down the food a lot and makes stuff easier to digest. Its a lot easier than doing the gluten free too...with similar results in my opinion.

Take care,

Love,

Dus
deleted_user
deleted_user

I started using spray deodorant about a year ago and have had only one or two out breaks under my arms and boobs (but only in the beginning). Am starting to use it in my groin area now as well to see. If it works, it's weird, but hey...... here's to hoping.
tangerinebear
tangerinebear

My daughter has been on gluten free, paleo diet now for over a year. We still have issues so I took away fruits...she is very sensitive to sugars....we have only done this for about 4 days....I see the improvement in her skin already..... I am hoping she improves even more...... we have had 2 months of breakouts and am hoping this is our answer.... thanks for sharing. Tangerinebear xo
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • nana012

I have cancer

I had to have a lung biopsy, and I have cancer. A very rare form that doesn't have any standard treatment. There just isn't a lot of case history for this. It is epithelioid hemangio endothelioma. The cancer support group doesn't talk every day. I can understand why. I'm waiting for the oncologist to call back for an appointment, and will hear in the next few days. Who knew. Ha!
  • ainteasybeineazy

It's my Birthday and no one cares

Today is my 25th birthday, to my somewhat lack of surprise I can see already no one really seems to care. I've always been the kinda person to make sure that everyone I Care about feels appreciated and knew somebody had their back. I can count 4 times this year when I Went out of my way to make sure a "friend" felt good on their birthday, especially if they got left hanging. Its early in the...