Hernia Support Group
There are several kinds of hernias, but the all happen when pressure pushes an organ (often the intestine) through a weak spot in a muscle face or wall. Treatment for hernias can be no treatment, to medicines to surgery. Modern surgical methods to treat hernias are much improved over older techniques and recovery times are much shorter.
MsHoneyB
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and need encouragement and advice.
I have a large HH and have lived with it since I was 12. Last year my doctor put me on prescription strength Vitamin D because I was very deficient (northerner ... no sun in the 9 winter months here). After I took the 250K dosage in a month, I had a horrible reaction to it. It flared up my HH and GERD symptoms. Was nauseated very single day for 6 months. After going to the ER several times and taking several test (except an upper GI), my doctor finally put me on acidopholous which helped to alleviate the symptoms. After those symptoms left, I was fine until my physical again this year in which she put me back on a mega dose of Vitamind D. I only took 1 50K tablet each month for 4 months ... and would you know it ... BAM! This time I have constant gas pressure and stomach flops! Nothing is helping. I have been to the ER AGAIN and yes, hospitalized to run all kinds of tests on my heart, EKG, Holter, blood work, 24-hour hospital monitoring, leg ultra sounds to check for blood clots and blockage, Echo Stress, etc. All my tests and blood work came back normal. I am scheduled to have an endoscopy on 9/8 to take a look at the HH. The docs say it has gotten a tad bit larger. They put me on Nexium and sent me home from the hospital and told me to follow up with my GI doc.
I am have these flip flops and gas pressure so bad until I just cry. I am belching (sometimes as it is hard to do so) and passing gas. As long as I am doing this I feel fine and don't have the flip flops in my stomach, but when it stops, the pressure and the flip flops are horrible.
I work out every day at the gym and this has put a damper on my workout routine. The GI doctor told me to keep a diary of what I eat so as to target what foods could be triggering the symptoms. But since the mega dose of vitamin D, I am feeling the symptoms all day every day. I hate feeling this way as I am not my "normal" self. Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
I have a large HH and have lived with it since I was 12. Last year my doctor put me on prescription strength Vitamin D because I was very deficient (northerner ... no sun in the 9 winter months here). After I took the 250K dosage in a month, I had a horrible reaction to it. It flared up my HH and GERD symptoms. Was nauseated very single day for 6 months. After going to the ER several times and taking several test (except an upper GI), my doctor finally put me on acidopholous which helped to alleviate the symptoms. After those symptoms left, I was fine until my physical again this year in which she put me back on a mega dose of Vitamind D. I only took 1 50K tablet each month for 4 months ... and would you know it ... BAM! This time I have constant gas pressure and stomach flops! Nothing is helping. I have been to the ER AGAIN and yes, hospitalized to run all kinds of tests on my heart, EKG, Holter, blood work, 24-hour hospital monitoring, leg ultra sounds to check for blood clots and blockage, Echo Stress, etc. All my tests and blood work came back normal. I am scheduled to have an endoscopy on 9/8 to take a look at the HH. The docs say it has gotten a tad bit larger. They put me on Nexium and sent me home from the hospital and told me to follow up with my GI doc.
I am have these flip flops and gas pressure so bad until I just cry. I am belching (sometimes as it is hard to do so) and passing gas. As long as I am doing this I feel fine and don't have the flip flops in my stomach, but when it stops, the pressure and the flip flops are horrible.
I work out every day at the gym and this has put a damper on my workout routine. The GI doctor told me to keep a diary of what I eat so as to target what foods could be triggering the symptoms. But since the mega dose of vitamin D, I am feeling the symptoms all day every day. I hate feeling this way as I am not my "normal" self. Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Glad you posted this. Is your gas pressure located up high, underneath your sternum/ribcage area? I have this and a large hiatal hernia. It got worse after my 2nd child was born 2yrs ago. Anyway, my hernia gives me gerd issues but they aren't as bad as the horrible horrible gas bloating and pressure I get from it. I started on protonix 40mg last week and it's been helping. Also you can get prescription strength simethicone chewables that help to move the gas. So, in my case, the hernia causes not only gerd but horrible trapped gas in my upper gi/ left side area.
Hope this helps and you feel better soon.
All the best.
I am new to this site. I noted you have flip flops. That could be spasms in the esophogus. your scope may show ulcers on the esophogus. That is what I have. I am being treated with Nexium. It is supposed to block the acid that causes the ulcers, and give the esophogus time to heal. I hope the scope gives you answers and solutions. Good luck.