Hepatitis C Support Group
Hepatitis C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflammation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with an infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide.
ladyladyrrose
Hello everyone, Just wanted to touch base. I haven't forgotten you or this site. As you see in the topic, I am now 5 months post tx: ribavarin and interferon. I had 6 months of it and came up undie after 4 weeks. During my treatment I guess I had every side effect posted here. My doctors had advised me not to go on the internet to look for what would happen but I found it a great help to know what was happening throughout. Why was I so itchy, what to do, why was I losing my strength, etc, etc. I found this site indispensible. I followed a lot of suggested remedies and they helped big time. At the end of my treatment, my hair was pretty messed up. Looked like I was going bald. Lost a few hairs. In fact it was really the texture of the hair follicle that had thinned right down making me look very bald. About a month after my treatment ended, my hair slowly started coming back thicker and since I was completely white and had been for about 20 years, I was surprised to see splotches of black throughout.
Here I am 5 months post and my hair has grown thicker and it has body, something I never had in my lifetime. My daughter says I have foofy hair now. And because I didn't like the gray look with the darker hair coming through I dyed it a dark blonde. Looks really nice. I've been getting stronger everyday and that was something cause I was bedridden for 4 months during tx. I'm painting and wallpapering now and cleaning my house. I'm still susceptible to flu bugs and I've had a couple this winter. I was a cat person before tx and now I have a pup and I love her. And she's a big pup, a husky. What happened? I am enjoying myself, feeling good, happy most of the time, singing to the jukebox oldies. Have I changed? You betcha. My family is witnessing the changes and are genuinely surprised and happy about them. Hope this helps some of you make your decision to try and find a cure for you. I figure I've had Hep C for about 40 years but I wasn't hard on myself. I'll be 63 this summer and looking forward to 40 more years of healthy living. :) Love and hugs, Rose
Here I am 5 months post and my hair has grown thicker and it has body, something I never had in my lifetime. My daughter says I have foofy hair now. And because I didn't like the gray look with the darker hair coming through I dyed it a dark blonde. Looks really nice. I've been getting stronger everyday and that was something cause I was bedridden for 4 months during tx. I'm painting and wallpapering now and cleaning my house. I'm still susceptible to flu bugs and I've had a couple this winter. I was a cat person before tx and now I have a pup and I love her. And she's a big pup, a husky. What happened? I am enjoying myself, feeling good, happy most of the time, singing to the jukebox oldies. Have I changed? You betcha. My family is witnessing the changes and are genuinely surprised and happy about them. Hope this helps some of you make your decision to try and find a cure for you. I figure I've had Hep C for about 40 years but I wasn't hard on myself. I'll be 63 this summer and looking forward to 40 more years of healthy living. :) Love and hugs, Rose
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
LOVE this post!!!
Cheers to another 40!!
Thanks & many hugs to you
Shorty
hooray for you - and inspiring for alot of us.
Enjoy your pup and a healthy future. You deserve it.
blanche
Bob
Cheers...to your next 40 years!