Hepatitis C Support Group
Hepatitis C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflammation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with an infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide.
Willowisp58
This isn't so much a problem. I'm in the beginning stage of starting a support group locally for anyone who has Hep C, considering the treatment, or in the treatment, or even after. The only support group is at a dr's office, I want to start one outside of that. I have help, places and people to contact. Any suggestions?
deleted_user
try to contact tattman22. hes helped organize awareness campaigns. your local health dept might have some input for you also.
deleted_user
i judge a person solely on how they treat others. if john were a criminal hed be in jail. we have the most effective law- enforcement in the world in my opinion. ya cant put a guy in jail cause hes longhaired n rides a bike.
deleted_user
On subject, I'm sure you have a disease center in your city or one nearby try to get in contact with them. You can google your city and the closest Hep-C, liver specialists near you and they may know how to help you out!
deleted_user
the above link provides firm warnings about clicking onto an unfamiliar link. malware n such, dont think ill follow it anywhere..
deleted_user
Weedyone I saw that but what you are failing to say they had other gangs also why we on Tattman so much we have young gang bangers killing people now on street, at school and all over why you just on the Vagos, gang bangers killed a high school girl in cross fire last week in Cali, and u do not have to have a motorcycle or be in a gang people killing others everyday husbands killing wivies ,wivies killing hubands, and people killing friends and strangers this is not the site for us discussing what others do this is a help site for support and I am sure us older members know when Tattman was here he gave support and advice..that is all is needed here I am sure some of us has skeletons in our closets but that is not what site is for...
deleted_user
Willospie, sorry had to get that off my chest......Do not know where you live but try local hospitals some have great support groups I am in Ca and several hospitals have good groups, I also contacted the Liver Foundation website they give support groups all over the US on there site I have a friend back east and she said in Va,Ga,SC an other places they have good support groups at the teaching hospitals.....
deleted_user
A lot of times these places will help you with literture ad info to start another location in your town say one might be in one area and they might help you start another in a nother area....
Willowisp58
Thanks everybody, you've given me a good start!
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...