Heart Failure Support Group

Heart failure is a condition that can result from any structural or functional cardiac disorder that impairs the ability of the heart to fill with or pump a sufficient amount of blood throughout the body. It is often undiagnosed due to a lack of a universally agreed definition and difficulties in diagnosis, particularly when the condition is considered "mild."

0 Online
  • Kingchris8484

Need support

Hi, my name is Christopher Mccain. I'm 33 years old and I have a bi-vad. Here is my story gofundme.com/2a5w6eks6ew
  • summerbda19

New! Hi ❤️

Hello,Over the coarse of a couple weeks in the gym I became increasingly short of breath. So I went to my GP who sent me for a calcium Ct scan..... well my test came out horrible. My score is almost 400. I am 50 with a little girl 7 that needs me to be alive!!! I am beyond scared!!! I was a big drinker ( quit 10'years ago) and an ex smoker as well.....my father and grandfather both had heart...
  • FreddyDaddy1940

VSD IN ADULT

My daughter aged 24 years has VSD, which is known to us just before 4 months. She is working in a weed clinic and working hard. She has a light regular pain pain in back of neck and shoulder. What should i do? Is doing job harmful for her? What about her marriage? She is unmarried.
  • llokie6789

Hi stu have heart failure 10 persent function nowi

Hello all my heart is ten persent 
  • badheartDad

not ready to go

I am 37 years old and victim of a viral attack on my heart that has left it in a severe condition.Dr says i have a 60% chance of the meds workingcarvedilol and ramipril .he is going to treat me agressive.I have a 4 year old boy that I would like to spend more time with. I am not ready to go
  • momsell

New CHF, probable for ICD soon

Hi everyone,62 y/o lady with new diagnosis of CHF.  EF 25%, on meds carvedilol, losartin and lasix.  Doc wants to put in an PM for resynchronization (I have an idiopathic left bundle branch block) and also the defibrillator.  I REALLY do not want the defibrillator part.  Can I refuse this?
  • nacnic

Quality of life

I am 36 and was diagnosed (Jan 2nd 2017) with stage 3-end stage CHF (EF was between 15-20), a-fib and DVT. Last fall I was running 15-20 mi/wk, regularly​ weight trained and played sports. Right now I'm on seven meds and wear a zoll life vest. Alot of my friends were shocked when I told them of my diagnosis since I lived a much healthier and more active life than they do. I was shocked too....
  • Mlevine

Chf/EF ratio

Hi guys, first time here. 48 yr old male was in hospital dec27 - Jan 3rd. First time I was told I have CHF, my EF was 25 to 30. I said to myself WTF!!! Back to hospital Jan 16-23rd where I was told I was in A-FIB, have a blood clot on my heart, I was in kidney failure stage 3 and my EFratio dropped to 15. We waited two and a half months before doing another Echo not to mention I am on the...
  • superfletch21

Pacemaker

Hello all, I am 41 and new to this group.  I had a massive heart attack 2 years ago and had been doing fine since.  Had an echo 2 weeks ago and a follow up last week and got the news my EF is down to 27 from 47.  Going in for heart cath on Friday to see what is going on.  For how have been put on meds for heart failure.  There has been talk about a defib/pacemaker.  Wanted to know if a...
  • gham92

To male forum users, do you suffer from impotence?

This is probably the most depressing part about having heart disease for me, and I am only 24 years old, the penis is basically limp and has no life to it, it almost doesn't feel part of my body as if the blood has been signifigantly sucked out of it over time leading to nerve damage/dumbness, I used to be able to just about have sex but it was never really enjoyable for me because with lack of...
  • shirleyuno

dont't know what to do about work?

I am 63 and have had ef for about 15 years, seven years ago my ef dropped to 25 and I had a pacemaker defibultor put in. that helped and my ef went up to 30-35. My defilbutor has fire three times in the last five months, the last episode was from a heart attack while i was at my doctors office.  I have been very tired since, some days are good and some I don't even fill like getting out of...
  • DepressedRecluse

CHF...

I've been struggling with congestion for the last few weeks...also shortness of breath at the slightest bit of exercise...I did was looking for something yesterday, so did a lot of strenuous activity moving stuff and cleaning and dusting...needless to say, I didn't find what I was looking for...but I am very short of breath...had to sleep at a 35 degree angle last night (at least I did sleep, I...
  • AAATiger

42 with 27-30EF - Cleveland Clinic

Friends...I had viral myocarditus in April 2015.  This past Friday was my 1-YR follow that showed I had trended down to a 27-30 EF from a 35EF.  I started in April 2015 with a 12-15EF.  Has anyone had these same type movements in EF?  Have you seen any improvements in your EF after it trends downward?  I am currently trying to get a second opinion from the folks at Cleveland Clinic....
  • WarriorGal

What does this mean?

Diastolic left ventricular filling pattern = ABNORMALWhat does that mean?It was on a presurgical eval by my primary/cardiologist. Everything else was normal or no.I googled it and could not really find it but it seems to mean my life expetcnantcy is shortened, which i already know cause I have RA.Anyone???
  • Stephanielle

How to deal ...

Hello I am new to this site. I'm 34 have been diagnosed with heart failure for less then a year. My son tells his teachers that I have less then five years to live. Lol...Kids got to love them. I looked up a support group because I was watching seven pounds the movie with will Smith. There's a girl who has heart failure long story short he kills his self and donates have heart. My question is...