Healthy Eating Support Group

This community is a forum for people who are determined to improve their eating habits for health, personal wellness and other reasons. What you eat can have a dramatic impact on your life expectancy, your mood, your physical and mental well-being and much more. Share your experience eating healthy, get advice and find others who have similar goals.

2 Online
2 Online
  • Name a fruit or vegetable that starts with the next letter of the alphabet ~ only organic of course! OK to skip X, Z or if you get to tough letter and want to skip. Start at A again after Y ~ A Avocado
  • darkkiss101

Diet Tips

I want to lose weight and I have been trying to diet for awhile now and nothing seems to work. I am gluten free and dairy free. Can anyone recommend a diet that actually works?
  • Broccolini, celery, carrots, strawberries, raspberries and figs. All organic and raw. :)What other nutritious meals were eaten today??
  • ralphjresta

High Fiber Recipes

I need to start cooking meals high in fiber due to a hernia in my small intestines. Do any of you know of a site with recipes or can suggest some recipes? Thanks, Ralph
  • My favorite health foods are:Mushrooms with Alfredo NoodlesCrab, LobsterSushiCream of Mushroom SoupMacaroni SaladEgg SaladDeviled EggsGoat's MilkTrail Mix and Twizzlers make good snacks, not that many calories
  • I'm looking for daily support from others who are also needing accountability to eat mindfully. I'd love to work out some kind of daily structure for the support--i.e. regular text check-ins, or e-mailing intentions/fears/obstacles. Is anyone else interested in this?
  • I'm going to start this out by stating that yes, I do have eating and food "issues" (I don't feel comfortable saying "eating disorder" because I have never been officially diagnosed.) And these issues affect my diet. My diet is very, very poor. It basically consists of sugary junk and caffeine. I either starve myself or I overeat. I have no desire to eat "regular food" like your basic proteins...
  • My Beachbody journey started about last September 2015 I was weighing close to 270lbs. At 35 years of age I had to make a decision. Am I going to be a 40 year old man and be a fat lazy old guy and let myself go even more?I didn't want my daughter asking me to to go for a bike ride and me not up to it because I wasn't fit! I want to go for a run with my little athlete, take her swimming, show her...
  • kookie2

Hello everyone here. I am new to this group but soo love to read your stories and struggles and successes.I have discovered how what i eat has soo changed my life.Soo much to learn and so thankful for all these great tips.Very happy to be here.
  • justwanttobeme49

Help

I am very discouraged right now. I want to lose 20 pounds. I have lost 10 and picked up eight. I think most of my problem is I am depressed. I have lupus and i have to be very careful about exercising.. i have a membership at LA Fitness but I am so scared that I might hurt myself. Of course, fear isn't good. i need a little encouragement. I will start back at the gym this Monday. What do...
  • seasilver

seltzer water

Good? Bad? Or neutral?
  • deleted_user

New to this group

Hi everyone,Have just joined this group so thought I would share a little about myself.My hubby and I have recently undergone a 12 week lifestyle program run by the diabetes clinic here in Australia, which basically is eating "as grown" foods, taking out any processed food from your diet.Hubby is now off all his meds and has lost over 30 lbs. He has been more in control than I have, but I am...
  • HelloI was wondering if anyone could give me advice on this? I've just started researching it myself but for a number of reasons I've decided this year to start exercising more and watch my diet more. I've been so careless with my diet since I left high school. Now I'm noticing a number of health problems and I can't help but wonder if it's diet-related?I guess all I'm really asking for is to be...
  • HiToday started my smoothies lifestyle change. I have a nutri bullet and dealing with pains,and health issue. I use fruits smoothies only at meals and snacking in fruits as well!! I am so excited and having energy now. I also drink coffee.I have mucho lbs to loose and loving my daily smoothies!! :)Just wanted to share my thoughts...Happy Holidays!! :)Liliann
  • Hello everyone,I have a difficult problem. I'm trying to lose weight and stick to a normal healthy diet. For me that's no processed foods, limited simple carbs, and limitied fried foods.I moved across country to go back to school and I can only spend 25 buck a week on food. Right now I'm eating tons of beans and rice, fried food from walmart deli, milk, eggs and homemade flat bread. I eat veggies...