Gout Support Group

Gout is a form of arthritis caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals in joints. It is an intensely painful disease, which in most cases affects only one joint (monoarthritis), most commonly the big toe. The classic picture is of excruciating and sudden pain, swelling, redness, warmness and stiffness in the joint. Low-grade fever may also be present.

0 Online
0 Online
  • betsyfleming

Gout rash

I have vdeveloped a pretty bad gout rash-- I've been trying to treat my gout all natural but it doesn't seem to be working I breally dread going on meds. Any ideas on have new herbs to try?
  • Hello, I want to know which one is a good medicine for Gout Treatment.I am in India. Please suggest me with website url where i can read about that medicine.
  • armylax7

Pay It Forward !!

I assume most people have seen the movie, "Pay It Forward." If you haven't then the basic idea is if something good is done for you, pay it forward to someone else. This is my Gout moment of paying it forward. This will probably be a long note but as I sit down to write this and pay it forward, somebody reading this will become Gout Free this year and stay Gout Free.I had just turned 40 and I...
  • I am age 55 and have suffered from gout for 8 years. I have NEVER been on preventative meds such as allpurinol or probecinid as I have an aversion to drugs.In the beginning, I suffered gout in my feet (mainly big toe) a few times a year. In 2010, I quit drinking beer as my doctor said there is a lot of prurines in beer. I switched to wine. In July of this year, I completely quit drinking. My gout...
  • My father had been diagnosed with gout. He was quite the drinker. I've heard that the daughters always get whatever disease the father seems to get. I have been experiencing gout symptoms. Can gout really be hereditary??
  • violetmist

Frustrated...

I was told by my kidney Dr. my uric acid levels are leaving me susceptible to gout. He said due to eating too much meat. I looked it up and this does not include poultry? I also see you can get gout from too much corn syrup that is in processed foods? I have read different things on different websites so don't know what to believe. This is frustrating to me. I want to prevent this if possible....
  • Hi im a 42 year old female. over a year ago I had a flare up on my toe. Very instant hot poker type pain then a lump formed. I think this sounds like gout? I have had about 3 more since then. Now I tried slimquick gummies and on the the 3rd day my one leg swelled like crazy. My doc didn't think it would cause it but didn't look at ingredients. well I stopped yesterday and my leg is less...
  • Orab

War Stories

Hi All, I gave up drinking about 5 months ago. Two things happened: i) I got a huge craving for sugary foods and ii) my gout, which had virtually disappeared, returned with a vengeance. Mild, persistent and near continuous for months on end. I tell you, it nearly drove me back to drink!Then a couple of weeks ago, I saw some documentaries about low carbohydrate, high fat and high protein diets....
  • Hello Everyone,I started a very low carbohydrate diet, no red meat, no alcohol, and after 1 week experienced a horrific onset of gout which has lasted 2 weeks so far. I am taking a mild diuretic but can't imagine that causing gout by itself. Had a very bad reaction to indomethacin so began colchicine which helped only a small amount. Have been eating cherries, no meat, no fats, drinking tons of...
  • deleted_user

Gout Relief...

I have had gout for years, and tried just about everything without success.I reduced meat to, minimum once a week, stopped alcohol altogether.I was having LOTS of fruit and vegetables and my gout was worsening.Finally I have read something about Excessive fructose increasing uric acid.I experimented reducing my fruit intake to 2 a day, and bingo within days I saw a dramatic improvement. I...
  • deleted_user

How I cured my gout

This is how I cured my gout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g5JTGip_Lw
  • Hi there!Out of the blue, a month ago, I woke up to gout in the big toe.I instantly went to the doctors, had a blood test and sure enough, I had an elevated Uric Acid level reading. I also had a number of other blood tests for kidney function, cholesterol etc - everything else was ok.Although it was debilitating and awkward, it wasn't terribly painful. I would describe it as the feeling after...
  • deleted_user

Purixa

I started taking Purixa in 2012 because I did not want to go on medication for the rest of my life. I took it for approx. 5 months with good results, but finally switched to Allopurinol due to cost considerations. After a couple months on Allopurinol I had to up the dosage due to continuing attacks. Higher dosage did not prevent ongoing attacks so the doctor switched me to Uloric. Had better...
  • epicjourney

Gout is very serious

Friends, I will have more to add later, but the important message that I have come to bring is that GOUT IS VERY SERIOUS! There is a strong link between Gout and stroke, heart attacks, and diabetes. Therefore, it should not continue to be casually treated in the way that the medical profession tends to treat it now. Research shows that most primary care physicians have not been properly...
  • My hubby will not eat and fish at all says its bad I love fish all kinds and have read several places fresh water fish is ok in small portions 4oz. or less and salmon can be beneficial because of the omega 3 acids. I would just like some of your own options and experiences if you don't mind sharing please.