Gout Support Group

Gout is a form of arthritis caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals in joints. It is an intensely painful disease, which in most cases affects only one joint (monoarthritis), most commonly the big toe. The classic picture is of excruciating and sudden pain, swelling, redness, warmness and stiffness in the joint. Low-grade fever may also be present.

0 Online
  • KB13

**Please Read - Natural Remedy Scam**

Hello to all!Just wanted to fill you in on some information I came across.I was looking for a product for high uric acid levels and came across 2 products that had excellent reviews and definitely worth looking into, Uricel and Varicol. I noticed the wording was exactly the same for them, further looked into it and found out it's the same company - Rejuvica - selling the very same product under 2...
  • TJ60

polyarticular gout

Hi All,         I have suffered with polyarticular gout for 5yrs now and have had countless operations including two amputations of fingers and skin grafts and i have been left wheelchair bound as well, just wondering if anyone in the have a similar exprience?                                                                Many Thanks
  • GiveMeStrength2LetGo

Tart cherry tablets

According to the website, Terry Talks Nutrition, ............."To help stop the pain and inflammation of gout and reduce the number of gout attacks, I recommend taking 750-1,500 mg of tart cherry (Prunus cerasus) twice daily." 
  • GiveMeStrength2LetGo

Home remedy soak to relieve pain

Attack of gout over the past couple of days . Time searching internet found something to help with the pain because ibuprofen was not helping. I could not move my finger or my hand without excruciating pain. Could not use the knife to slice with my right hand or write with a pen or drive my car. This is my first severe attack of gout in my thumb joint, damaged​ due to working with my hands,...
  • violetmist

Frustrated...

I was told by my kidney Dr. my uric acid levels are leaving me susceptible to gout. He said due to eating too much meat. I looked it up and this does not include poultry? I also see you can get gout from too much corn syrup that is in processed foods? I have read different things on different websites so don't know what to believe. This is frustrating to me. I want to prevent this if possible....
  • Orab

War Stories

Hi All, I gave up drinking about 5 months ago. Two things happened: i) I got a huge craving for sugary foods and ii) my gout, which had virtually disappeared, returned with a vengeance. Mild, persistent and near continuous for months on end. I tell you, it nearly drove me back to drink!Then a couple of weeks ago, I saw some documentaries about low carbohydrate, high fat and high protein diets....
  • GiveMeStrength2LetGo

Reflecting

I thought this was arthritis. Looking back now, it was probably mild gout. Surprised to learn there is a blood test to prove gout.
  • GiveMeStrength2LetGo

Food journal

keeping a food journal. I'm recording the condition of the area affected by gout to reveal offenders. Hydration goal- drink in ounces half of body weight.
  • Chip62

I just got diagnosed with gout a week ago

I have had it for over twenty years never in my toe or foot just in my elbow and knees every time I went to Dr with it was told it was tennis elbow last week could not walk and Dr did blood work and told me it was gout I have dislocated my shoulder twice from falling any one have anything I can't do to help I am drinking tart cherry juice and change my eating and trying to loue weight
  • Orab

Gout and Fructose

Hi All, I came across this the other day and offer it to you all. I have no idea if it is accurate but there maybe some out there who, like me, still have no idea of what triggers their attacks. I get gout when I don't drink beer, drink beer, eat no red meat or chicken, don't eat red meat and chicken etc. etc.It's not fruit which triggers me but it might be one of you.Read about it here:...
  • WarriorGal

Help for a friend

A good friend was just diagnosed with gout. A real stubborn kinda guy that doesn't like going to doctors or asking questions, or following good advise, etc.What kind of doctor is best for treating gout? A gastroenterologist?What is the best source of info such as diet?Thanks.
  • deleted_user

Big toe Pain

Hello I'm new to this group.i'm not sure if i have gout yet.i woke up this morning with severe pain in my left big toe.i couldnt step down on it.i googled it and gout came up.i'll be mentioning it to my doctor.what tests will he do to see if its gout? i have already had swelling and pain in other areas,but it was diagnosed as osteo-arthritis in my knee.My knee got red and swollen with...
  • deleted_user

new sufferer seeking advice

I was diagnosed with gout in the ankle a few days ago. I have been taking medication, and its still a problem. I am hobbling around, but probably shouldn't be. I have so much to do, but can't do them. I think the meds are also affecting my mind. Also trying to change the diet suddenly is causing some problems I suppose, with how my body is processing food. But what can I do? I already have...
  • deleted_user

KRYSTEXXA

As promised, I am reporting on my experience with Krystexxa. A new medicine developed for the treatment of chronic gout. My first infusion in the doctor's office was last Monday. The nurses and Dr. monitored me throughout the 2 hour infusion and for 2 hours afterwards to insure I did not develop any of the side-effects - which I didn't. The Dr. told me they now have to monitor ( through blood...
  • deleted_user

Double Trouble

Yesterday my rheumatologist reviewed all my recent test results with me and said she thinks I have topheous intercritical gout AND psoriatic arthritis. Pending the results of more tests I am scheduled for, she intends to begin biological medicine therapy on me soon which "should" control both maladies. I sure hope so. I'm literally sick and tired and being sick and tired most of the time. ...