Gastric Bypass Surgery Support Group
Gastric bypass (GBP) is any of a group of similar operative procedures used to treat morbid obesity, a condition which arises from severe accumulation of excess weight in the form of fatty tissue, and the health problems ("co-morbidities") which result. If you are considering gastric bypass or have had it, join the community where we share our experiences and find support.
Rick-Hulbert
I have lost 112 pounds since starting my pre op diet last june. I had surgery in November. I feel pretty good and can actually tolerate most foods. The exercise has slowed down. It's a combination of not wanting to run on the treadmill in the basement, having small children to be with every night, and wanting the weather to change so I can get outside. I feel like I am able to eat more food at some sittings which leads to guilt about ruining this tool I have been given. My questions are 1) how much have most people lost being 5 months out and 2) how much are people eating at this point? I keep most things under 1 cup but its hard to measure certain foods so I shoot for under 250 calories a meal. I am losing about 1-2 pounds each week still but some weeks I fluctuate and have to catch up.
deleted_user
Rick, Congratulations on your loss and keep up the great work. My journey started about 4 months ago and I am 98 lbs down. I totally get the workout issue, I have similar issues. I try to get to get a workout in at least twice week, but its hard. The eating habits are about a cup at a time. I don't really measure I just eat out of the small bowel or pack my lunch in the same tupperware, so I don't have too measure. There are days I feel I eat more than others. I always tell my wife, "I ate too much." She kind of laughs at me and breaks down what I have eaten and I realize I am ok. I don't count calories because I think with the smal meals (as long as they are good choices) I shouldn't have to. This journey is a process and I think its much more mental than physical sometimes.
becca1960
I'm still preop, so have no great words of wisdom.... but wanted to say congrats on the loss so far! Sounds like to me your hard work is paying off just fine! :)
deleted_user
I started out a light weight and am down 70 lbs since November. It has slowed down to about a 1-2 lbs a week. My NUT wants me at 1000 cals a day, especially working out 4-5 times a week. She does not want my body to get used to too few calories so that it will be hard to maintain.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...