Gastric Bypass Surgery Support Group
Gastric bypass (GBP) is any of a group of similar operative procedures used to treat morbid obesity, a condition which arises from severe accumulation of excess weight in the form of fatty tissue, and the health problems ("co-morbidities") which result. If you are considering gastric bypass or have had it, join the community where we share our experiences and find support.
Amber1968
I am 3 days post op and home now. The first 36 hours were really rough as I was so nauseated I couldn't even hold my head up. We finally determined that it was the morphine I was on. Once the morphine drip was removed and the nausea subsied, I was as good as new. I got to come home last night and am actually doing quite well. I've already been able to discontiue my fast acting insulin and have reduced the long acting to 10 units in the morning and evening. I'm no longer taking blood pressure pills either. I am being very careful with how much I drink as I've found I am unable to tell if I am hungry or full. Just sipping, walking and resting as everyone says. Thanks for all the support and I will keep you posted as time goes on.
deleted_user
Welcome to the losers bench! :) I have the same reaction to morphine but figured it out several years ago. So its on my list of drugs not to let them give me! Glad you figured it out and are home now!
deleted_user
Oh Amber, so happy for you. thanks for sharing. Glad you figured out about the morphine making you ill. Take it easy and keep posting.
deleted_user
Oh my goodness Amber this is amazing! I've been thinking about you! Morphine does the same to me. Also figured it out years ago! I'm 4 days post op and feel awesome! Good luck on your journey girl!!
deleted_user
Congratulations on making it to the loser's bench!! I wish you many blessings on your journey!! :-)
becca1960
Congrats!!! So glad you are doing well and I look forward to hearing of all your successes to come!
deleted_user
GLAD TO HEAR EVERYTHING WENT WELL! :) KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK. WELCOME TO THE LOSERS BENCH :)
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...