Financial Challenges Support Group

This community is for people who are struggling to meet financial obligations of any kind. Financial challenges include everything from the day-to-day challenges of making ends meet to managing credit card debt to bankruptcy. Get support from others who are going through similar obstacles on the road back to financial stability.

0 Online
  • billwfriend

new issue that is threating me debting is dog

he has developed a limp....he was limping a month or so ago and the vet gave me some anti-inflammitory meds and the limp kind of went away but it was no where near as bad as it is now....I have no money to even go to the vet who is now in process of selling his business....he has an open acct with me owing about $900 to him....so I cannot take advantage of his kindness now....I looked any of my...
  • HEPCinRVA

I just got a debt consolidation loan

from my credit union and the loan wiped out my credit card debt. It is only 9% interest rate and my CC rates were 10% & 25%. The lady at the credit union worked really, really hard for me (Yeah, Tameika at VACU!) and was so nice. Now I have the real prospect of being debt-free within four years! My payment is $220.oo a month, which is a hundred dollars less than my two combined CC payments would...
  • deleted_user

Need help with Private Student Loans

I went to art college and graduated with a bachelor's degree in photography in 2007.Unfortunately, I had to borrow a lot of money through four different private student loan companies. At the moment the total that I owe for all of my student loans is $140,000. Also unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a job in my field or a well paying job at all! For the past four years I have been making...
  • deleted_user

need loan quick with bad credit.

We are facing foreclosure on our home by the end of the month. Our credit is bad right now. We have a bass boat that is paid for. I know with the bad credit, that if were able to get a loan on the boat that the interest rate would be really high. Our goal would be that we would pay off the boat loan within a year or less (due to the interest rate). The boat may be worth around $12-15,000. ...
  • billwfriend

went out computer shopping both online and instore

I was interested in replacing my laptop which is now having charging issues....sometimes it is charging and other time it stops and the flickers in and out of charging....I saw similar speed computer at the store that is comparable to mine on sale for $459 plus two yr accident policy $179....I walked away then left the store only to go back in and get in line for them to tell me what it would...
  • billwfriend

I got the letter about my IRS payment plan.....

they have given me terms I can handle which is $25 per month plus the one time fee of $43 which is lowered because of my income level from $107.....since I was not sure when they would withdraw those funds automatically for the starting of this process I called the IRS and she told me they will send me a letter in mail about the start date of the funds withdrawals....so that makes things a little...
  • billwfriend

Started a new "B" Job today...

I am a caregiver for my High School BFF....he is suffering from Parkinson disease and his wife wants him to have someone with him while she is at work.....I brought the laptop with me and logged into his WiFi and we both have been surfing online...I asked him if he was working....he said yes....he is a stock broker....me I have been reading emails and just surfing some social sites like nextdoor...
  • GiveMeStrength

Someone Else's Debt

Hi all, My partner, who I've been with for 6 years and have lived with for over 2, is a few thousand pounds in debt with credit cards and loans and an overdraft and I have no idea how he going to get out of this mess. Borrowing yet more money to pay off these debts feels like digging an even bigger hole, and I don't want to have to pay his debts for him with money that is meant to be for...
  • billwfriend

making late payments....

I just realized this morning when I woke up I did not pay my business license fees....$200.....I also did not pay my 2016 personal property taxes....I sold one car and got another....not sure how to handle that so I guess I need to go down to city hall on Monday afternoon and try to pay these two bills...personal property tax is about $100 now due to being paid late....it was $96.....the business...
  • 14days to pay this months rent....I am trying to earn it and things are happening to do just that.....I just got to remember that I cannot afford to make any purchases for anything other than food gas and dog stuff....unless the car were to need a repair....then that would be real priority....anyway the $525 that I do not need to pay the rent now can be used to pay bills due on 15th...and up to...
  • at2017

Struggling between to decisions

I am currently passing through a very difficult and challenging period.  I lost my relationship, lost job, lost my property (house because of the mortgage), lost my dad (the one who counted most for me in this world). In the process, my friends and other family members disapeared.  Those who were closer to me when I was living a good life have evaporated.  I have three kids in my broken...
  • at2017

Struggling between two decsions

I am new to this forum. I am in the middle of two challenging decsions:1) to stay with my children but I couldn't meet their financial needs2) to go elsewhere without them and to suffer the financial chrisis only to myselfI am currently passing through a very difficult and challenging period.  I lost my relationship, lost job, lost my property (house because of the mortgage), lost my dad (the...
  • at2017

Struggling between two difficult decisions

I am new to this forum. I am in the middle of two challenging decsions:1) to stay with my children but I couldn't meet their financial needs2) to go elsewhere without them and to suffer the financial chrisis only to myselfI am currently passing through a very difficult and challenging period.  I lost my relationship, lost job, lost my property (house because of the mortgage), lost my dad (the...
  • billwfriend

looking at gross income from my business

I see I am ahead of where I think I was last year on income side but the outflow side is definitely taking on hit from having a $201.22 car payment every month...plus the cars insurance went up when I needed collision and comprehensive to cover the car loan company....so although I have made more this year I am still where I was last year after subtracting the car stuff...maybe even worse...
  • billwfriend

Im early to face to face DA mtg

its in half hour. I was asked to talk but first said no. Then he made me say yes. But I got into trouble financially last night mailed check prematurely of money in bank thinking student Wed would cover it, she cancelled this morning. I called guy said Im still in disease cannot carry message tonight in talk get someone else. He is ok with that, so am I.