Financial Challenges Support Group

This community is for people who are struggling to meet financial obligations of any kind. Financial challenges include everything from the day-to-day challenges of making ends meet to managing credit card debt to bankruptcy. Get support from others who are going through similar obstacles on the road back to financial stability.

0 Online
  • billwfriend

Im early to face to face DA mtg

its in half hour. I was asked to talk but first said no. Then he made me say yes. But I got into trouble financially last night mailed check prematurely of money in bank thinking student Wed would cover it, she cancelled this morning. I called guy said Im still in disease cannot carry message tonight in talk get someone else. He is ok with that, so am I.
  • billwfriend

student today left me standing with no lesson

I had arrived at his work to take him for his lesson and called him to tell him I was there....he hung up on me....I texted him and he called me back to tell me that he had gotten mandated to work an extra shift to 10pm tonight....I told him I have a $10 cancellation fee and he did not say anything and I asked if he was going to pay me my fee? he said he would come out in minute to give it to me...
  • billwfriend

new one on me....student dropped load in my lap...

Took a student this morning who had gone with me Tuesday....we did our lesson and were just starting our way home from the area where we had been practicing parallel parking....I asked her if she needed to go to the bank....then suddenly she is telling me that this is her mothers day gift that I had told her that it was going to be her mothers day gift to take a lesson without paying! I was...
  • billwfriend

I just finished up with student....

got $95 and I have a disconnect notice from the city for water sewer and trash bill I could not pay last month....it is billed for three months at time and is $82.71  it says to pay directly at city hall or their water facility....I think I am going to go to the water facility to pay....I now have 2 students that are both new to me for Saturday and another on Sunday and Monday....same guy both...
  • Dottk

Well....

I have an appointment with a temp agency next week for temporary work placement.  I hope they have a lot that I can do.  I worked for them before many years ago before marriage and when my DH and I were just kids starting out.  It was (almost always) great fun and interesting, working and doing different kinds of things at different businesses every couple weeks, and lead to a good permanent...
  • billwfriend

well walking into Lowes tonight to pay bill...

I saw it...something I have wanted for while now....I had one like it but mine had a padded seat that when it rained got soaked...this one had a woven synthetic seat that was thin and would get wet in rain but would not hold water for 2 or 3 days would be dry as soon as sun came out....it is a rocking love seat that also has an awning over the top of it...I looked at the price tag....$149....oh...
  • Ruffin1212

Need advice to take the first mortgage

Hi,I have been working in a firm here for the last seven years and I have a fair monthly income from it. I am planning to buy a home, but,  my savings are not enough for that. So, I am planning to take a mortgage. I haven't taken a mortgage before. So, I want to know more about the formalities regarding the application of a mortgage. And my credit score is something between 600 and 650. So, I...
  • billwfriend

got the SSDI today....

with that in mind it is all spent already....I get $1081 per month and I spent that on car payment, car insurance payment and rent...and cell phone bill...I also tossed in the $25 for IRS....left me with $1.11 now....in that account...in business account I took $15 cash out this afternoon to have some spending money in my wallet to pay 7th tradition when/if I go to an AA meeting...that leaves...
  • billwfriend

Tire has nail in it

the repair is going to be made. He also reported little bit of looseness in the right front tie rod end.It is just the tire getting fixed today. See if that stops the shimmy in the steering wheel somewhat or if it continues.If it continues then I will try something else to get rid of it.
  • billwfriend

Struggling

in my efforts to not debt I put some CDs and a DVD/VCR combo onto neighborhood network trying to sell them and raise cash.this lady who is getting reputation on this network as over doing things with her PMs and such saw my phone number listed and called me offering me $20 as gift if I would allow her.I know she is on fixed income less than what I make on disability. I of course said no to the...
  • Beaumont

Free & Low Cost

Hello, friends! I am new to this community. I have been in the shy community for about two months, and I am now branching out. I encourage you to read my Discussions postings in the shy community if you can.Do you know of anything that's free?Examples:- Free 15 minute internet computer use is available at my local public library on a first-come first-serve basis, and also 1 hour usage for those...
  • Stupidforstaying

Sinking

My husband stepped down from his foreman position and took a nearly $7 an hour cut in pay. He had only worked 8 days in March and we had already fallen behind. He keeps telling me to stop worrying that we will be ok. We are not ok and I can not get him to see that. I don't know what to do. He doesn't understand the impact that losing over $200 a week has had on us. I am struggling daily trying to...
  • cedarbrooke

What a Shock!

I owed Income taxes from last year (2016) been paying off $100 a month.  Well just got a statement (they only send them out every 4 months now) & somehow the last Jan - Mar payments are in cyber space.Checked online to make sure, I made the payments out of my account.  Have to phone CRA tomorrow to get this straightened out.  They better reverse interest payments!Frustrated!Brooke
  • Desigol1979

Teaching Myself PHP

I have seen the first Lecture on Alison.com (taken from a Harvard Lecture) about PHP and I would like to test the water tomorrow to see if I can do it. (I'm free all next week as my Brother's off for Halloween break)Also, this morning my Car passed the MOT test. :) I prayed like hell; I love using that oxymoron; to make sure everything was okay. I'll pay the Mechanic on Monday for the MOT...
  • cedarbrooke

Getting Rid of Some Debt

I paid my dentist today & put another dent in my Vet Bill.Grocery shopping is done with the exception of fresh fruit/vegetables.The end of the month looks good!Hugs!  Brooke