Financial Challenges Support Group

This community is for people who are struggling to meet financial obligations of any kind. Financial challenges include everything from the day-to-day challenges of making ends meet to managing credit card debt to bankruptcy. Get support from others who are going through similar obstacles on the road back to financial stability.

1 Online
  • billwfriend

Went to 6am debtors anonymous meeting

there is a new book the steps of debtors anonymous that we read the first step from. I am sure the program can help me if/when I do those things it calls for.
  • prezshap

new here

hi all, I am new to the group. I have been going through a lot of financial problems that have caused me a lot of anxiety. I have gotten myself in a lot of debt through taking out loans and credit cards. I now have my wages being garnished and it has been very stressful.
  • billwfriend

moving money to cover an upcoming direct debit

in order to avoid a fee at Sprint I signed up to do direct debit on my account...I got the bill the other day and I owe $11.58 but that is more than I have in checking...it comes out Monday....so I need to take my petty cash $4.15 and make a check out from one account for $1.75 and that will just barely cover the debit...but I have student on Monday....that income will be nice too but not...
  • billwfriend

I got the statement for my Mustang payments today

It is due Dec. 31st and is $201.22 after my first payment I can change the payment date to take it over to where my SSDI check will be available to pay it....so I will be doing that for sure....I prefer not have to scrape up $202 in middle of period between SSDI checks...since I haven't had a car payment for over 6yrs now I am sure this is going to make me scrape too....but I will make it as my...
  • billwfriend

starting with therapist tomorrow and budget goals

are the first things I want to work with her on....I need to be realistic and have a business budget that allows me to no longer need to debt for gas or anything else for the needs of the business and of course my household basics need to be budgeted too....I will be taking a look thru my Quickbooks records and seeing what things I have been doing from month to month in terms of categories of...
  • billwfriend

Ran into a gal from DA tonight....

she is dating a friend of mine that I had come to speak at my home group for AA....I was invited to come back to DA but I am not there....I am just going to keep my life moving with no worry about the debts I wrack up....sorry I just could not care less if I die in debt....I have no children and nobody that needs to take car of my debts....I have my plot paid for to be buried but there is the...
  • ChickenTikka

think i am going to throw away Kindle

it has always been faulty at charging since i had it- a recognized flaw apparently- and i have replace the cable @ five times.This is why i do not like to buy gadgets, i have found myself spending way more over time than seems appropriate for a new device.Anyway, it was on charge all yesterday with the red light showing to say it's charging, except when i looked at it today- has completely...
  • ChickenTikka

washing dishes by hand

the strips which stop the dishwasher from tipping when the door is open keep coming loose so i stopped using it and have been washing dishes by hand. Got to be a whole lot cheaper too i would have thought? Waiting for next electricity bill to see.
  • billwfriend

I got the letter from the total deferrment....

on my student loans....I needed to call them because they asked for a different type of documentation in the letter which I could not provide by Dec. 15 deadline....they wanted my tax return....since it is self employment and they received the letter I sent and gave the income I earned in the letter they asked me on phone to submit another letter to tell them that my income all was from self...
  • billwfriend

Took car to Titlemax to see what they do on loans

I was shocked....they evaluated the car and then looked at things on computer and said they would lend me what I wanted...but get this annual interest rate was 155%.....but the thing is if you can pay it off quickly the convenience of having the money when you need it does not mean your going to pay that amount totaled from the loan...the interest is done daily not front loaded....I need $700 to...
  • this simply is a financial website that she said is Debtors Anonymous friendly....I looked at it but probably will avoid it like I do DA....LOLif the link below does not highlight to click then copy it and paste it into your browser URL bar....http://plentyoftimemoneyandlove.com/
  • koolman

Dodged a Bullet

Received a nice little letter in the mail from the city of Deerfield Beach saying a majority vote was required to opt out of a new city ordinance that would have required every unit in the building to be retrofitted with a fire sprinkler system, at a cost of $6,000 to $8,000 special assessment PER UNIT!  They tried to trick us in the voting process by offering 2 boxes to check, one that said...
  • wanted to be safe driving it with a potential buyer and anywhere else I might wish to take it to....so it was $605Per year for liability insurance....had to make a $98.02 initial$95 income.....car is insured as soon as the document signing email arrives...I need to take the car out to CarMax today to get a valuation that they would offer to buy it right then and there....I doubt it will be near...
  • SueB

Christmas Shopping

well, I always buy online, In hate having to go in stores - not unless I absulotly have to, like grocery shopping, Anyway, technically I'm done.  I have it as equal as I can. then tonite I remember that I still owe my daughter money for my Grandsons fundraiser, so ya, I'm back to square one.I explainded to my Son and Daughter that I fought for everyone but them. My son gor upset because he just...
  • ChickenTikka

financial plans for 2017

now i have given up on US medicine and trying to organize/fund it i can see financial planning a lot clearer for 2017 ( i will buy an 'obamacare' health insurance policy knowing it's probably useless but it is supposed to cover emergency care by law...)my son will need a new car, hopefully we can pay cash. I don't like to borrow money for anything now income is restricted, credit quickly becomes...