Financial Challenges Support Group

This community is for people who are struggling to meet financial obligations of any kind. Financial challenges include everything from the day-to-day challenges of making ends meet to managing credit card debt to bankruptcy. Get support from others who are going through similar obstacles on the road back to financial stability.

1 Online
  • billwfriend

well today two students that got canceled today

that hurt my income by $175 as one student canceled at the last minute and paid me $20....but then the bank overdrafting because of car payment double drafting out of my account cost me $140 in overdraft fees....$35 each x 4....plus the fact that the other stuff drafted out of my account my account is now $330 in the red....
  • I had gotten extremely busy with picking up extra shifts at work, so much to the point I was no good to anyone, especially myself, I have tonight off but filled the rest of the month with extra shifts.I'm trying very hard to get to a point where I can start sending money to the bill collectors, I finally got caught up with my regular bills, now to keep it that way, and get ahead for my trip to...
  • billwfriend

is anyone else here? I am feeling all alone here..

posts go unreplied to...I guess nobody is needing anything here....?I found a banking mistake I made for $25 that I had been unaware I wrote a second check to IRS in Jan and they both cleared but I only documented one of them.....that is scary because I am usually very careful with recording things in my two places...the computer uses Quickbooks and the Phone uses PocketMoney2.....neither of...
  • bill did not get paid on time when you had made a payment....on their website....it seems that I missed that they sent me a bill after I paid them $116....either I did not get the bill or did not understand that the bill was for a new period of time or whatever but I paid on my account thinking I had done what I needed to do....they said they sent me a new bill....I do not recall it....so now I...
  • $435 came into my bank today....so I talked to guy from DA and then decided I would pay some bills that I might not have been able to pay without that check today.....so I have most of my bills paid now thru the 15th....I do have to pay the Fed IRS over $500+ but that is not due until april 17th or 18th....anyway I still have a student on Friday....
  • billwfriend

debtors anonymous.....

I have been going again....this time I will stop debt occuring and trust that I can dig out of my hole....I just struggle with stopping the debt occuring and debted yesterday too....I had gone several days without debt and that was sort of struggling to get thru it..bit hard but I got it....anyway if your not familiar with DA then try this website....   www.debtorsanonymous.org you might find a...
  • alexbfr

positive thoughts...

trying to start the new year positive but it has been difficult so far. still am making little to no money, trying to put myself through school so that hopefully afterwards I can have a job. Every day is a struggle but sometimes i look around and see everyone else around me struggling just as hard. scared that i am going into an industry where it's hard to find a decent paying job but it's...
  • prezshap

new here

hi all, I am new to the group. I have been going through a lot of financial problems that have caused me a lot of anxiety. I have gotten myself in a lot of debt through taking out loans and credit cards. I now have my wages being garnished and it has been very stressful.
  • billwfriend

debt by not being able to pay bills

incurred three late fees over the last three days....two yesterday and one Monday...I just have not had students....so much of my income is now stale as the students are not flowing in like I need them to....it is winter and that is typical of this time of year...but man it sucks...
  • Messenger2010

A New Year !!!

Well the first month is 3/4 over but for me, it's just beginning.  I started the new year in a hospital.  A cancer hospital.   On Halloween of 2016, I was diagnosed with throat cancer (specifically tonsil) and spent three weeks in the hospital helping me to finish radiation and chemo treatments.  Been home for three weeks and am just starting to feel alive again... I lost over 30 pounds but...
  • koolman

Dodged a Bullet

Received a nice little letter in the mail from the city of Deerfield Beach saying a majority vote was required to opt out of a new city ordinance that would have required every unit in the building to be retrofitted with a fire sprinkler system, at a cost of $6,000 to $8,000 special assessment PER UNIT!  They tried to trick us in the voting process by offering 2 boxes to check, one that said...
  • billwfriend

Went to 6am debtors anonymous meeting

there is a new book the steps of debtors anonymous that we read the first step from. I am sure the program can help me if/when I do those things it calls for.
  • billwfriend

moving money to cover an upcoming direct debit

in order to avoid a fee at Sprint I signed up to do direct debit on my account...I got the bill the other day and I owe $11.58 but that is more than I have in checking...it comes out Monday....so I need to take my petty cash $4.15 and make a check out from one account for $1.75 and that will just barely cover the debit...but I have student on Monday....that income will be nice too but not...
  • billwfriend

I got the statement for my Mustang payments today

It is due Dec. 31st and is $201.22 after my first payment I can change the payment date to take it over to where my SSDI check will be available to pay it....so I will be doing that for sure....I prefer not have to scrape up $202 in middle of period between SSDI checks...since I haven't had a car payment for over 6yrs now I am sure this is going to make me scrape too....but I will make it as my...
  • billwfriend

starting with therapist tomorrow and budget goals

are the first things I want to work with her on....I need to be realistic and have a business budget that allows me to no longer need to debt for gas or anything else for the needs of the business and of course my household basics need to be budgeted too....I will be taking a look thru my Quickbooks records and seeing what things I have been doing from month to month in terms of categories of...