Financial Challenges Support Group

This community is for people who are struggling to meet financial obligations of any kind. Financial challenges include everything from the day-to-day challenges of making ends meet to managing credit card debt to bankruptcy. Get support from others who are going through similar obstacles on the road back to financial stability.

2 Online
  • this simply is a financial website that she said is Debtors Anonymous friendly....I looked at it but probably will avoid it like I do DA....LOLif the link below does not highlight to click then copy it and paste it into your browser URL bar....http://plentyoftimemoneyandlove.com/
  • koolman

Dodged a Bullet

Received a nice little letter in the mail from the city of Deerfield Beach saying a majority vote was required to opt out of a new city ordinance that would have required every unit in the building to be retrofitted with a fire sprinkler system, at a cost of $6,000 to $8,000 special assessment PER UNIT!  They tried to trick us in the voting process by offering 2 boxes to check, one that said...
  • wanted to be safe driving it with a potential buyer and anywhere else I might wish to take it to....so it was $605Per year for liability insurance....had to make a $98.02 initial$95 income.....car is insured as soon as the document signing email arrives...I need to take the car out to CarMax today to get a valuation that they would offer to buy it right then and there....I doubt it will be near...
  • in order to avoid a fee at Sprint I signed up to do direct debit on my account...I got the bill the other day and I owe $11.58 but that is more than I have in checking...it comes out Monday....so I need to take my petty cash $4.15 and make a check out from one account for $1.75 and that will just barely cover the debit...but I have student on Monday....that income will be nice too but not...
  • SueB

Christmas Shopping

well, I always buy online, In hate having to go in stores - not unless I absulotly have to, like grocery shopping, Anyway, technically I'm done.  I have it as equal as I can. then tonite I remember that I still owe my daughter money for my Grandsons fundraiser, so ya, I'm back to square one.I explainded to my Son and Daughter that I fought for everyone but them. My son gor upset because he just...
  • on my student loans....I needed to call them because they asked for a different type of documentation in the letter which I could not provide by Dec. 15 deadline....they wanted my tax return....since it is self employment and they received the letter I sent and gave the income I earned in the letter they asked me on phone to submit another letter to tell them that my income all was from self...
  • ChickenTikka

financial plans for 2017

now i have given up on US medicine and trying to organize/fund it i can see financial planning a lot clearer for 2017 ( i will buy an 'obamacare' health insurance policy knowing it's probably useless but it is supposed to cover emergency care by law...)my son will need a new car, hopefully we can pay cash. I don't like to borrow money for anything now income is restricted, credit quickly becomes...
  • ChickenTikka

Holidays on a budget

i will be doing my holidays on a budget again. I find it easier to think of it as a challenge to make it good as possible with very little to spare than feel lacking; i know i don't need any more than a few treatsThanksgiving/Christmas meals-i can get a piece of turkey ( or sometimes a whole turkey is as cheap or cheaper! ) $5; potatoes @ $2 for 5 lb to make mash and roasted; can green beans 50...
  • koolman

$923 Car Repair

After last month's $650 car repair, on top of the previous month's $200 car repair.  This is a 2003 Hyundai Sonata with about 94,000 miles on it.  One more financial hit like this, much as I don't want to be roped into financing or a lease, and I'm going to trade the car in on a newer one.  Goddamn car is costing me so much money, I'm wondering what the hell I'm paying a mortgage payment...
  • ChickenTikka

eating out best values

obviously there is nothing cheaper than cooking from scratch most things, but everyone needs to get out occasionally!I have found Panera Bread Bowls filled with soup to be good value- @$6.40 with tax, no tip as it's self-serve; served with a piece of french bagette/or apple/or chips. If i get it all to go my son eats the soup bread bowl and i have the bagette with some cheese or ham.Their loyalty...
  • on Monday next week it will hopefully have all the money in my account but it leaves me with a lurch of no money even when I work.....I have a lesson tomorrow for $105 which with the $7+ in my account is not enough to cover it but I am hopeful another student...this is starting to get me depressed a little I think about the bills I am unable to pay....I have much need in the next two weeks...I...
  • I am pissed...she gave out my telephone number when she purchased something on credit at HSN....now the bill collectors have been calling me....I think I got three of them today if not four....I missed first...second I hung up when it said ex wife's name...third I listened thru to get the telephone number to send to her....I had called her after the second call with knowing it was hers....she...
  • patti22

Stuffing recipies

Well, I don't really have one.  But I basically shred a loaf of bread, finely chop up a small onion, some celery if I have it.  Sometimes I add spice (sage, garlic powder, thyme, etc), sometimes not, then stuff away.  Any stuffing that can't make it into the bird needs extra oil/juices.  Sometimes I just wait until the birds been cooking a couple hours, drain some of the juice, add it to the...
  • ChickenTikka

Cheap Simple Bread Recipe

I was looking for a cheap, simple bread recipe as part of my frugal search, this is the easiestand cheapest i have found so far https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2013/07/02/airy-fairy-easy-peasy-soda-bread/
  • it has always been faulty at charging since i had it- a recognized flaw apparently- and i have replace the cable @ five times.This is why i do not like to buy gadgets, i have found myself spending way more over time than seems appropriate for a new device.Anyway, it was on charge all yesterday with the red light showing to say it's charging, except when i looked at it today- has completely...