Financial Challenges Support Group

This community is for people who are struggling to meet financial obligations of any kind. Financial challenges include everything from the day-to-day challenges of making ends meet to managing credit card debt to bankruptcy. Get support from others who are going through similar obstacles on the road back to financial stability.

1 Online
  • billwfriend

doing same things over and over again.....uggh

I seem to repeat wrong behaviors...and did it today sort of or am planning to do it tomorrow....I sent in my city earnings tax check today into the mailbox down the street....it is $72....I can count on it being picked up tomorrow Thursday and not making it to the city collector until Friday at the earliest....well it kind of left me short on cash and Thursday is a 15 hr sale at a grocery store...
  • cedarbrooke

Getting Rid of Some Debt

I paid my dentist today & put another dent in my Vet Bill.Grocery shopping is done with the exception of fresh fruit/vegetables.The end of the month looks good!Hugs!  Brooke
  • Messenger2010

A New Year !!!

Well the first month is 3/4 over but for me, it's just beginning.  I started the new year in a hospital.  A cancer hospital.   On Halloween of 2016, I was diagnosed with throat cancer (specifically tonsil) and spent three weeks in the hospital helping me to finish radiation and chemo treatments.  Been home for three weeks and am just starting to feel alive again... I lost over 30 pounds but...
  • billwfriend

Reading step one of debtors anonymous 12x12x12

the book is called twelve stepstwelve traditionstwelve concepts of Debtors Anonymousthe program is explained how to work DA programIm glad this book was printed. Published 2016
  • billwfriend

two students today.....Two yesterday too....money$

is flowing into the system and out of system as fast as into system,....anyway I am home for the most part this weekend as we expect snow on Saturday morning and I have an AA pot luck Saturday night.....then sunday I have a mens meeting for AA to go to planning a convention....I hope I have student Monday afternoon but Monday I have a hearing on Medicaid and then my doctors appointment....
  • SueB

oooooo, I am giving myself a headache

I'm trying very hard to come up with a workable budget.  No matter how I slice it i'm in trouble.  Although I did manage to start gettingmy meds thru the mail for 90 days and I'm able to save some, close to $75. in a 90 day period, small but oh so nice. I told myself I would only work my regular hours for the month of March, well, thats not going to happen either, I already sent a text to my...
  • mlr0853

Are you low income? Medication Help

These are people and contacts to help you with obtaing medications that might have high co-pay, or obtaining medications for free or at lower cost. (US)FREE OR LOW COST PRESCRIPTION PROGRAMS (also called patient assistance programs)Some drug companies have special programs to help people who cannot afford the cost of their brand name prescription drugs. These programs provide prescription...
  • cedarbrooke

The Vet Bill

Another $200, told them I would be back in two weeks.  So greatful that my dog has recovered, however so expensive.  Pet insurance should of took it out for him.
  • billwfriend

well today two students that got canceled today

that hurt my income by $175 as one student canceled at the last minute and paid me $20....but then the bank overdrafting because of car payment double drafting out of my account cost me $140 in overdraft fees....$35 each x 4....plus the fact that the other stuff drafted out of my account my account is now $330 in the red....
  • I had gotten extremely busy with picking up extra shifts at work, so much to the point I was no good to anyone, especially myself, I have tonight off but filled the rest of the month with extra shifts.I'm trying very hard to get to a point where I can start sending money to the bill collectors, I finally got caught up with my regular bills, now to keep it that way, and get ahead for my trip to...
  • billwfriend

is anyone else here? I am feeling all alone here..

posts go unreplied to...I guess nobody is needing anything here....?I found a banking mistake I made for $25 that I had been unaware I wrote a second check to IRS in Jan and they both cleared but I only documented one of them.....that is scary because I am usually very careful with recording things in my two places...the computer uses Quickbooks and the Phone uses PocketMoney2.....neither of...
  • bill did not get paid on time when you had made a payment....on their website....it seems that I missed that they sent me a bill after I paid them $116....either I did not get the bill or did not understand that the bill was for a new period of time or whatever but I paid on my account thinking I had done what I needed to do....they said they sent me a new bill....I do not recall it....so now I...
  • $435 came into my bank today....so I talked to guy from DA and then decided I would pay some bills that I might not have been able to pay without that check today.....so I have most of my bills paid now thru the 15th....I do have to pay the Fed IRS over $500+ but that is not due until april 17th or 18th....anyway I still have a student on Friday....
  • billwfriend

debtors anonymous.....

I have been going again....this time I will stop debt occuring and trust that I can dig out of my hole....I just struggle with stopping the debt occuring and debted yesterday too....I had gone several days without debt and that was sort of struggling to get thru it..bit hard but I got it....anyway if your not familiar with DA then try this website....   www.debtorsanonymous.org you might find a...
  • alexbfr

positive thoughts...

trying to start the new year positive but it has been difficult so far. still am making little to no money, trying to put myself through school so that hopefully afterwards I can have a job. Every day is a struggle but sometimes i look around and see everyone else around me struggling just as hard. scared that i am going into an industry where it's hard to find a decent paying job but it's...