Financial Challenges Support Group

This community is for people who are struggling to meet financial obligations of any kind. Financial challenges include everything from the day-to-day challenges of making ends meet to managing credit card debt to bankruptcy. Get support from others who are going through similar obstacles on the road back to financial stability.

3 Online
3 Online
  • OhmyDonna

Where I Started...

Another member of this group posted awhile back about how lucky I was to have the means to pay my debt and my debt was about $100K.In 1982, I lived on welfare, food stamps, and public housing, on my home reservation. My income at that time was $127 per month and I got about that same amount in food stamps. My rent was $100.00 per month. My son was 4 or 5 years old and I remembered that he...
  • Struggling to afford the future is my current situation. I am a licensed cosmetologist who paid $24,000 to go to school and another $220 for my state exam and license. I am currently working at a job where, with TIPS, I will make at most $17,500 a year. I use to live with my ex, we lived on our own. I left him after years of abuse and moved back home. Home was new to me. My mother had recently...
  • my Sears CC came in mail today....I negotiated the price with them as he quoted me the thing for less than the one I wrote down but that was with the ice maker costing $101.99 and I was quoted $99.95 for it by the first person...so he dropped price $5 and said it was price match which brought price to $113.86....I put it on CC....and should be here by the 9/28 which is next Wed.....I was told the...
  • for 2014 which I know I owed on but couldn't find any kind of payment record of what I had paid when HR Block did my taxes that year. I went online to HRBlock website and pulled up my return....I owed $565 that year....IRS says I owe $457.47 currently....I am on the hold line with IRS right now to make payment plan. more will be revealed!
  • dc87110

what its like being poor.

I am broke, no money or cash in my bank account. Bills are due, not many job prospects, having a difficult time accepting my dismal situation. cant support myself... what else must I endure?
  • OhmyDonna

Bankruptcy done

I am finished paying my chapter 13 bankruptcy. I paid 100% of my debt. Now, I am paying IRS debt and some medical bills. God willing, I will be debt free in six months and possibly sooner than that.It felt endless. I am just starting to feel the effect of it being over. I'm so glad I am done.
  • put me into the hole $4.94.....I called and the thing is they say if you sign up for bill pay and do not use bill pay in 30 day period they take a dormant webpay fee of $5 out of your account....you can remove the accounts you pay and that stops them from taking the dormant webpay fee...it is in their fee schedule and they refused to remove it....so I went and put $4.95 into my account and will...
  • lesson set up for Saturday morning....so that will help pay two bills due...one due today and the other due on 25th....since there is no money in account now I paid bill late to Yellow Pages....anyway Tuesday I have two larger bills due...$83 and $55 which is going to need another student....
  • I did find out of course when I went to their website to look at my account and found a $25 late fee....well that insensed me but it was my own danm fault....today is first time since finding I missed that payment that I had a student and low and behold they emailed me today....so I went online and made a $68 payment to cover the bill and I guess the late fee...I dunno if they were both in the...
  • Well I dont know if it can get any worse right now. I am flat broke and over a thousand dollars overdrawn in my bank account. Both of my parents died a month and 1/2 apart in 2013 and I had to pay taxes on my mothers pension and 401K that were both suppose to go to me as the benifciary, but the companys paid them to the estate. The estate had to pay taxes on them at a 49.1% so the IRS took 1/2...
  • SueB

Ambulance ride.

well, due to a nite of very strong urges to do permanent self harm, I took myself to the nearest Hospital, from there they called an ambulance to transport me to a different hospital. I received the bill today, WOW, I have no clue how i'm going to pay for this, I'm already barely living paycheck to paycheck as it is, and the main problem is I didnt really receive that much help while I was in...
  • Iphone 7? I said Hell No...I just finished this month paying off the Iphone 6 I bought when it first came out....it is first time in my history of phones I have paid full price for the phone....I got the big 128MB memory phone too...so it was expensive....I did though not know much about it just that the buzz was one new one was coming....I guess they announced it today and the reviewers are...
  • I actually get my SSDI and have paid bills equal to that amount already...there is no money in savings anywhere and I need to talk to my sponsee who has over the last two weeks since I started working with him sold his blood plasma to get $30 for that....I might want to know where he goes because I could use a $30 pumped into my pocket right now....I do not have any students and nobody really...
  • I was told when they filed for my medicaid that I had not met the spend down...I said yes I do not do it that way....when you send me the bills I submit them to medicaid and that is how I meet my spend down....so today the bill came from hospital for $937.72my spend down was I think about $340....so now I make a copy of this bill and send it off on its way to the spend down unit...then a few days...
  • OhmyDonna

I have a question?

Does anonymity apply in this forum as it does in a 12 step group?