Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

1 Online

Windows 10 update 1709 warning

Hey, all! DO NOT allow this update of Windows 10 until you check with your computer manufacturer to make sure that your make and model has the driver(s) and/or hardware needed to support Windows 10 update 1709. I spent 2 hours hoping to fix my laptop (less than a year old) and couldn't, b/c of course even this relatively new laptop is (gasp) obsolete already. It came with Windows 10 Preinstalled for pity's sake.

So anyway, just check, okay? It wreaked havoc on my laptop before I got through with manufacturer, Microsoft, and I lost track of the techs!

You may need to revert to a previous version, btw, and hopefully that works for you better than it did for me. Thanks!

Replies

Fantod
Fantod

What a nuisance! I have been avoiding Windows 10 like the plague! Sorry that you experienced this issue!
jptexas
jptexas

Omgosh if this what happened...its not loading...stuck on Dell logo. Thx Leo.
P.s. sad day here in Texas yesterday. Trying to stay grounded.
Leo
Leo

JP, yes, it gets stuck, badly. I had to call the manufacturer, Microsoft, you name it. Horrible! Try a manual restart, and if you get the option of "to stop update, hit any key", please hit any key.
3littlebears
3littlebears

A couple months ago I had a big windows 10 update. My pc was only like 3 years old. It rendered the WIFI totally useless. The fix was put in a new wifi something or other but that could potentially ruin your laptop (they actually said this), or use a USB wifi dongle. Used the USB only about a week and then it consistently disconnected every couple of minutes or less. The only way I could open my email was to bring up my web browser, click the "fix my wifi or whatever it said to diagnose", wait til it showed fixed, and this is the clincher, I had to minimize - NOT close out my browser, then click on my email icon so it would work. Keeping my browser open was the only connection to the internet. Not long after that my email pretty much stopped sending emails or would hang up a week at a time. My hubbie is an IT guy and he felt so bad for me he just got me a new laptop. I seriously do not understand how these companies are putting out products that are literally making 2-3 year old computers non-usable. How are they able to get away with this stuff. Using Edge is horrible. Even with the new laptop it bellies up all the time. It's high time someone else came out with more options for operating systems. It's been a monopoly for way too long. PHew.....okay venting done..... and this writing was squeaky clean compared to my very "colorful, enlightening and inventive new vocabulary" the last couple of months!!!! Now I have to find out what 1709 is. Sigh.....................................I never, ever thought Microsoft could break, but it is, very, very
b - r - o - k - e - n !!
jptexas
jptexas

Bear, my ex worked for semiconductor co....said cfos build them that way for more sales turnover. Leo, too late already loaded but avg has fix for startup probs so ill buy that and see if works. I usually implode a laptop every 2 years
jptexas
jptexas

It did finally load but hit and miss startup
Leo
Leo

Yeah, I'm gettin gthe bloody stupid overactive fan thing, b/c Windows itself keeps running systems checks and I didn't even GET the stupid update.... OMG. I *hate* Microsoft products. Vista was bad, but Windows 10? Horrible. They should've just re-issued XP.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • jennyoo7

I'm really sorry everyone

During my stress yesterday I posted very sensitive stuff on here without warning others. I've deleted it in an attempt to make it right but I'm really sorry for anyone I upset and will be more thoughtful next time. 
  • StarBrightGal

Happy Weekend Heart-Felt Fluff-n-Stuff

What are you doing to keep busy this weekend? I'll be shopping for Christmas today with my Dad. Tomorrow I will go to church and see a baby and a couple kids be baptized. I always thought those were private. Lol. I plan to work on crafts this weekend too and I hope to go to Booster Juice today for a Brazillian Smoothie! I love that kind :) Happy weekend heart-felt friends :)