Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

2 Online

Toe Pain

For the past few weeks I have had really bad pain in my big toe. Initially, I assumed it was "fibro pain" and dealt with it - but as it has persisted, I am beginning to wonder. It doesn't not hurt constantly - sometimes it only last for minutes sometimes for a day - which is one reason I assumed it was just my fibro. It does not hurt to touch or bend my toe, the pain feels like it it in the joint - but I am sure it is not fractured and I can't recall injuring it in any way. So far my experience with fibro pain is completely spontaneous and rarely effects the same part of my body. I was wondering if anyone else experiences spontaneous, but persisting pain in a particular joint.
Thanks!
Ana

Replies

fayerae
fayerae

My big toe on my right foot often burns and hurts for unknown reasons...I have always assumed it was fibro.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have spontaneous, persistent, pain in all of my joints at times. My husband has gout and his big toe will hurt badly for days. It swells and gets red, but it doesnt let up at all and it hurts him to move it. I Dont know though ifs women and men experience gout differently...might be worth looking up though.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Big toe pain is classic myofascial pain where the muscles get knots in them that refer pain elsewhere. The knots are called trigger points and have to be broken up in order for the pain to subside which you can easily do on yourself with trigger point massage.

The trigger point causing big toe pain is in the lower back of the calf. Triggerpoints.net will help you locate it. The trigger point will be incredibly painful so massage it as much as you can and the pain should subside.

Another great trigger point resource is the book at triggerpointbook.com.
deleted_user
deleted_user

hayleydaniels: Thank you! Thank YOU! THANK YOU!!!
I should have replied sooner - but the pain in my toe is gone. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post. The pain had gotten so bad I could hardly think! I checked out the website, which confirmed what you said about working the knots out of my calf. It was painful - but I had not realized how tight (and knotted) my calf muscles were. My legs feel better overall, but WOW, I still can't get over the fact that after a month - my big toe is back to normal. Haha, I have a whole new appreciation for my toe : ) Thanks again. I am blessed to be part of an online community who understands what I'm going through and is so supportive!
Abotsd
Abotsd

Yes, I do have toe pain, foot pain, nerve pain, and I find Voltaren gel is the best pain relief.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thankyou to reply number 3, my husband has been massaging the HUGE knot in the back of my calf now that I didn't even realize was there until my toe was in throbbing pain and could barely walk!! Wow! Thanks for the comment ((((HUG))))
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Leo

Tuesday quick check-in

Good morning. Blessings on all...I woke up depressed. Seriously clinically depressed. I know why, but tha tdoesn't make it better. *sigh* There's no safe PRN for depression with me, so... "Tough it out".I'm tired of being tough. Anyone else tired of being tough?***I had a link to a Youtube NatGeo documentary on dolphins, but ... Youtube is now not working on my computer.OMG.DS ate the original of...
  • Leo

Monday Miseries Check-in

Good morning! It's rainy off and on her all week. Fibro weather! With my PMS (water retention) it's like ... Screw my upcoming bloodwork, hand me hot chocolate, giv eme tissues and let me just be imperfect! For one thing, PMS and stress mess up bloodwork anyway. For another, y'all know I'm Miz Health Conscious and if I had issues, I'll care, but honestly... Oh, and they want me to do the...