Fibromyalgia Support Group
You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.
luna991
Hi there
Supplement advice needed
I recently tried 5htp and had awful sickness for the next 24 hrs, it could have been something else but assume it was down to taking this supplement, have been researching St johns wort and Sam-E also, has anyone had experience with these for mild depression anxiety and ocd.
Also regarding the 5htp I took 100mg on an empty stomach and wondered if taken with food may not be so much of a problem or even if it could be down to trying a different brand
The 5htp reay appealed to me as it also seemed to be good for pain and sleep!!
Any feedback would be great
Thanks
Supplement advice needed
I recently tried 5htp and had awful sickness for the next 24 hrs, it could have been something else but assume it was down to taking this supplement, have been researching St johns wort and Sam-E also, has anyone had experience with these for mild depression anxiety and ocd.
Also regarding the 5htp I took 100mg on an empty stomach and wondered if taken with food may not be so much of a problem or even if it could be down to trying a different brand
The 5htp reay appealed to me as it also seemed to be good for pain and sleep!!
Any feedback would be great
Thanks
LeoX3
I despise Big Pharma, but unregulated herbals and other supps can be dangerous, so go cautiously and with an MD's supervision or advice first.
deleted_user
I would definitely discuss this with your Doctor. I hope that something helps you. Everyone is so different and reacts so differently to the same things. Also if you are taking prescription Medications be very careful when and if you decide to take Supplements. Talk to your Doctor and or Pharmacist about potential interactions. Good luck to you.
AnnNY
There are good quality brands. Puritan's Pride has a good rating from consumer reports. I took 50 mgs of 5htp at bedtime. You could try 25. There is also tryptophan I used to take which is similar. I used to feel some mood lift from St. John's wort. It is not for any heavy depression. I had a friend who wrote a book on Sam-e and used me as her ginea pig. It made me to hyper even if I took it in the morning. My bias is toward herbs rather than pharmaceuticals. There has been a lot of testing in Europe and I like to know the results there. Right now insurance will pay for drugs so I can't do as much with herbs.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...