Fibromyalgia Support Group
You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.
i finally admitted to myself that i need to take something to sleep. i alternate between 1/2 a Trazodone, 1/2 over the counter sleeping pill and 1 Tylenol PM tablet.
And since i wake up the same time every day, i made sure i go to bed the same time every night and this keeps my body regular. my body knows that at 9:00pm it's time to get ready for bed.
Always had that body clock that says bedtime is around midnight so I've learned to live with that.
My big problem is thoughts - difficult to shut them down - and secondary problem is pain. If I'm going to take pain meds I most often do so at bedtime so the pain doesn't either keep me from falling asleep or wake me up.
My cat was laying next to me purring and I was thinking that I was purring too. But mine isn't a good feeling. I think it might just drive me insane.
My doctor has no clue what it is but after having this on and off for over a year, my opinion is that it may just be nerves endings going haywire.
I really don't know but I sure can sympathize. I didn't get to sleep until 3 am. Lately, right when I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open and am ready to turn out the light, my pulse starts racing. This is also keeping me up.
It sucks! FM sucks and everything that goes with it.
I have massaged the area that is buzzing and gotten relief that way as well.
I do mean a sort of electrical vibration that goes through my whole body. Very unpleasant. Sometimes tylenol or ibuprofen at bedtime helps; occasionally I use ativan, and benadryl during allerg season. I am usually on a small dose of something lately, but try to keep the doses small.
Again, thank you everyone. It is helpful to have support.