Epilepsy & Seizures Support Group
Epilepsy (often referred to as a seizure disorder) is a chronic neurological condition characterized by recurrent unprovoked seizures. It is commonly controlled with medication, although surgical methods are used as well. Seizures (or convulsions) are temporary abnormal electrophysiologic phenomena of the brain, resulting in abnormal synchronization of electrical neuronal...
vannillabear
So before meds, I never knew when I was having a seizure. I've only had two Grand mals and that's all I can remember, but now that I'm on meds, I'm noticing the small seizures more. This kind of worries me, I don't know what to think of it. This past sunday my family had been sick, me and my 2 year old were laying on the couch, he fell asleep first and then I tried dosing off, before I did I noticed weird things going on in my head (like my ears started ringing to the point I couldn't stand it, but I could not move at all, I couldn't even speeck) and lost consiousness for a few seconds and then it came back and then my arms and legs gerked a little and then it was done and I was able to doze off for a little while. I'm assuming this was a seizure of some sort. I never get a warning feeling, I never know when they will happen, but I only notice when I am laying down trying to go to sleep. Is this normal for epilepsy? Or does it depend on the person. My husband and I both can tell when I'm having one now, my arms and legs will twitch and I can't control it, it's usually when I'm lying down to go to sleep. But it's slowly getting to the point where my whole head will twitch or my body will almost start to convulse, should I call my doc? I see him in two weeks, so I don't know if I should wait.
deleted_user
I would not wait. call the doctor asap. They need to know maybe an adjustment can be made now.
vannillabear
Thanks! I just wasn't sure, since this is all very new to me and have never experienced this before. I know it sounds crazy, but seriously, I probably have had this epilepsy since before high school (15 years ago) and had no clue because all the doctors I've gone to wouldn't send me to a neuro, thought I was making all this head pressure and black outs up and thought I was crazy. Yes, they all know by now that they were the ones that were wrong. but I didn't have my grand mals until this last year. I just feel bad because I know alot of you here have suffered through this for many years. I just feel lost.
deleted_user
Always when in doubt call the dr. Epilepsy can be dormant for years & suddenly show up just like that. usually takes a trigger to set it off though.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...