Endometriosis Support Group
Endometriosis is a common medical condition where the tissue lining the uterus is found outside of the uterus, typically affecting other organs in the pelvis. The condition can lead to serious health problems, primarily pain and infertility. A major symptom of endometriosis is pain, mostly in the lower abdomen, lower back, and pelvic area.
toriB
Hi girls,
well isn't it always the darnest when you're not concerned about something, it's always something to be concerned about. And vice versa.
Well, I could honestly just cry. And I am keeping it together because my grandma is here looking after me, while my parents are away tonight at a meeting.
I had been feeling crappy still, fever and sorts but not deathly ill. The GP called up and asked me some questions and then asked me to come in. So I thought hey its just routine blah blah.
Well I was in there for a good 45min which is unheard of in UK medicial centres. He was really good to me, I explained my different procedures. He took my temperature and blood pressure which were both a little high. He did an abdominal exam which found some places were sore. He was concerned I was having abdominal pain to which I said that some of it was cramps but it still concerned him none the less. He was also concerned my bleeding has increased the past few days and I was like i thought it was a period? my gyne said with the coil there would be pain and a lil bleeding so of course i thought it was normal.
He said now i'm afraid i'm going to have to do a internal exam. i was like i don't think your gonna get very far because i had a lot of work done down there. i think he then thought i was trying to get out of it haha. But i stripped and prepared myself. When he saw me and glanced "down" there he was quiet for a min and said theres no way i'm going to get in there. it's still got stitiches.... so he took a swab of just the very end of the cervix/vagina. that was pretty painful in itself because of all the work there. the swab had a lot of blood on it... thought maybe its because of a period? i don't know.
Anyway he called an on-call gyne at a hospital and asked what he thought and told him the whole story. the dr said he would admit me, and i was like what!!!!!! i thought this was only a lil fever bug. but the GP said he would put me on 2 strong types of antibiotics and see how i am in the morning. I also have to go in for blood tests first thing in which he will rush the results and i go back to the gp again in the afternoon. if theres no change, i have to go back to hospital.... O MY GOSH.
now i honestly thought this would be just some stupid bug. now i'm scared. and it's stupid. and i know its just an infection but this has totally caught me off guard. and it's my birthday in less then a week. i thought with an infection u have to be deathly ill....
sorry. i'll stop ranting. have any of you had any experience with this? i thought all the cramping and pain and bleeding was normal after a lap and mirena insertion.. it's been 2 weeks.
any advice? sorry for the disproportionate post. i'm all over the place.
well isn't it always the darnest when you're not concerned about something, it's always something to be concerned about. And vice versa.
Well, I could honestly just cry. And I am keeping it together because my grandma is here looking after me, while my parents are away tonight at a meeting.
I had been feeling crappy still, fever and sorts but not deathly ill. The GP called up and asked me some questions and then asked me to come in. So I thought hey its just routine blah blah.
Well I was in there for a good 45min which is unheard of in UK medicial centres. He was really good to me, I explained my different procedures. He took my temperature and blood pressure which were both a little high. He did an abdominal exam which found some places were sore. He was concerned I was having abdominal pain to which I said that some of it was cramps but it still concerned him none the less. He was also concerned my bleeding has increased the past few days and I was like i thought it was a period? my gyne said with the coil there would be pain and a lil bleeding so of course i thought it was normal.
He said now i'm afraid i'm going to have to do a internal exam. i was like i don't think your gonna get very far because i had a lot of work done down there. i think he then thought i was trying to get out of it haha. But i stripped and prepared myself. When he saw me and glanced "down" there he was quiet for a min and said theres no way i'm going to get in there. it's still got stitiches.... so he took a swab of just the very end of the cervix/vagina. that was pretty painful in itself because of all the work there. the swab had a lot of blood on it... thought maybe its because of a period? i don't know.
Anyway he called an on-call gyne at a hospital and asked what he thought and told him the whole story. the dr said he would admit me, and i was like what!!!!!! i thought this was only a lil fever bug. but the GP said he would put me on 2 strong types of antibiotics and see how i am in the morning. I also have to go in for blood tests first thing in which he will rush the results and i go back to the gp again in the afternoon. if theres no change, i have to go back to hospital.... O MY GOSH.
now i honestly thought this would be just some stupid bug. now i'm scared. and it's stupid. and i know its just an infection but this has totally caught me off guard. and it's my birthday in less then a week. i thought with an infection u have to be deathly ill....
sorry. i'll stop ranting. have any of you had any experience with this? i thought all the cramping and pain and bleeding was normal after a lap and mirena insertion.. it's been 2 weeks.
any advice? sorry for the disproportionate post. i'm all over the place.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
im so sorry you have to go through all og this after your lap. mirena may have pefortated through your utuerus and be elsewhere in your body.(perforation is one of the risks of mirena) got it tedt out immediatly and good luck. sorry i couldnt help more
sabrina
i can say after my lap I had cramping only lightly for a day, only light spotting for 2 days and nothing after that (other than occiasional pains where endo was removed I think). I am completely shocked they did what sounds like an episiotomy on you (honestly, in 3 years I have NEVER heard of a woman on here having one...and they did nerve surgery on me during mine but I still did not require that!), so please ask them why in detail and I hope you heal fast and get some answers!hang in there!!
hope your ok on the antibiotics
xx
went to have my blood taken this morning, so much fun.
they have me on really strong antibiotics which are making me feel nauseas.. and i still feel like crap.
made the arrangements to go the private hospital (because of my awesome american health insurance in the UK) incase i have to go. i'm thinking I do because i don't feel any better :(
i just want to say, thank you for your support through this. I was really scared last night, but feeling much more at peace now. everyones really looking after me and i am super impressed with my gp. first time in a very long while.
now its just a waiting game. my fever seems to come and go. it spikes at certain times. is this normal? i'm keeping myself nice and cool but of course i'm also cold at the same time.
utah - they did indeed do a episiotomy (i did have to google that hehe) but it was accidental i think. i'm not totally sure what happened but i prob will find out if i go in today! apparently i tore while they did the hysteroscopy. which is why i'm sewn up lol. the look on the gp's face was priceless. my consultant also did something to make me wider (not entirely sure where) because i have had extreme problems with internal ultrasounds and examinations.
its all a bit of a waiting game. will keep you posted.
thanks again for all the kind words :)
xoxo