Endometriosis Support Group
Endometriosis is a common medical condition where the tissue lining the uterus is found outside of the uterus, typically affecting other organs in the pelvis. The condition can lead to serious health problems, primarily pain and infertility. A major symptom of endometriosis is pain, mostly in the lower abdomen, lower back, and pelvic area.
The other thing that helps me the most is avoiding meat, dairy and soy products. All of them can affect your estrogen which in turn can affect your disease. It's not a cure by any means, but I have a significant difference in my pain levels when I eat those things versus when I don't.
I'll give it a shot anyway with how I manage my pain:
NSAIDS - taken exactly on time and consistently, they can make a slight difference, but I don't know if it's enough to risk another stomach ulcer : /
Other pain medications - My doctor prescribed some pills for me that you take for only 1 week (obviously it was meant for when my pain was the worst during my menstrual cycle) it was 30 pills worth that you take for a week and it's supposed to help. My insurance didn't cover it, and at $600 for the one week, I could rent an apartment for that price. So, I declined. You may have better coverage options than I do, though; so, you should talk to your doctor.
Heat - Heat really helps me, especially combined with other things. I'll put a heating pad over my midsection and across my back. Then, I cover that so that the heat gets trapped in and stays extra hot. I'm not sure if that's a fire hazard or not, but I usually get to the point where I don't care.
Lupron - Don't know if you've tried this, but it did make a noticeable difference in the amount of pain I felt. Granted, I was still miserable from pain and got periods while I was on it, but I think my body is just weird.