Eating Disorders Support Group
Eating disorders are marked by an obsessive need to control the intake and/or purging of food. This community is dedicated to those struggling on the road to recovery. Join to discuss your experience with others and find support. Get advice, ask questions, and meet others who are going through similar struggles.
jasgall
this is the poem i wrote after speaking with NEDA:
#74 The Light
I can see the light
It's starting to shine in
I think I'm on my way
To finding myself again
Too long I've been afraid
Of allowing myself to feel pain
So I stuffed it all with food
Untill it went away
For years, I buried everything
The abuse
The break-ups
The rejection and discrimination
Even the bad grades
It all needed a quick fix
And I didn't know
I didn't know my midnight kitchen trips were making me sick
I didn't know I was slipping into an abyss
That the rest of the world had ignored
That I was slowly and steadily losing control
But now I do
And I know my enemy's name
Binge Eating Disorder
It is the thing that's driving me insane
I know this now because I got brave
And called someone who cared
He listened to me and answered my questions
And seemed to understand everything
The shame that I feel each time that I allow myself to binge
The frustration I feel
Because well-meaning people keep bringing me sweets
Despite me telling them
For me, they are not treats
For me, they only hurt
But now that I have done this
I can finally see
A light at the end of this tunnel
Waiting for me
Jesus knows where I'm at
He has heard my cries
He knows that I have believed Satan's lies
And He is right there with me
Walking me through
Holding my hand and saying
I love you
I can see the light
It's starting to shine in
I think I'm on my way
To finding myself again
Fallon Marie
so from a technical standpoint, it doesn't flow well. it's a bit choppy in spots because i had to stop writing a few times. this one took a few hours to get out of my gut and on to paper. but that's my soul at the moment.-fallon
#74 The Light
I can see the light
It's starting to shine in
I think I'm on my way
To finding myself again
Too long I've been afraid
Of allowing myself to feel pain
So I stuffed it all with food
Untill it went away
For years, I buried everything
The abuse
The break-ups
The rejection and discrimination
Even the bad grades
It all needed a quick fix
And I didn't know
I didn't know my midnight kitchen trips were making me sick
I didn't know I was slipping into an abyss
That the rest of the world had ignored
That I was slowly and steadily losing control
But now I do
And I know my enemy's name
Binge Eating Disorder
It is the thing that's driving me insane
I know this now because I got brave
And called someone who cared
He listened to me and answered my questions
And seemed to understand everything
The shame that I feel each time that I allow myself to binge
The frustration I feel
Because well-meaning people keep bringing me sweets
Despite me telling them
For me, they are not treats
For me, they only hurt
But now that I have done this
I can finally see
A light at the end of this tunnel
Waiting for me
Jesus knows where I'm at
He has heard my cries
He knows that I have believed Satan's lies
And He is right there with me
Walking me through
Holding my hand and saying
I love you
I can see the light
It's starting to shine in
I think I'm on my way
To finding myself again
Fallon Marie
so from a technical standpoint, it doesn't flow well. it's a bit choppy in spots because i had to stop writing a few times. this one took a few hours to get out of my gut and on to paper. but that's my soul at the moment.-fallon
deleted_user
:o) nice
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...