Eating Disorders Support Group
Eating disorders are marked by an obsessive need to control the intake and/or purging of food. This community is dedicated to those struggling on the road to recovery. Join to discuss your experience with others and find support. Get advice, ask questions, and meet others who are going through similar struggles.
Daisygirl09
Hi Everyone...Since last April i have off and on been purging. And It is starting up again. I constantly think about how much I eat and what I look like. I look in the mirror and hate the way I look. I get mad when I can't get to a bathroom to try and throw up after I eat. I want to tell someone about this situation, but I don't know how and who to tell. I don't want people to think I'm weird! I can't really see a therapist because of my insurance. Any advice on what I should do for help? I want to do something before it gets really bad... Thanks.
deleted_user
Can you talk to your doctor? You could also look into government funded programs in your area as well as local support groups. It's good to hear you are looking for help.
deleted_user
Most colleges offer free counseling as long as you are enrolled in one class.
jasgall
go to a counselor. talk to your doctor. try a 12 step group. this also may help. http://teenvoicesmagazine.wordpress.com/2011/09/17/ed-nos-the-silent-sickness/
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...